bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Mac version available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 3, 10 9:13 AM
The Mac version of PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville is here!

If you would like to check it out , you can go to the game page here. The game play will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms so you can use this forum to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville players.

If you need technical assistance for your Mac game, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team, or if you’re a Game Club Member, by connecting to Live Chat.

To find answers online, you can take a glance at the Mac Game Errors help article.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy Gaming!

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Re:Mac version available for PuppetShow: Mystery of Joyville

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Apr 3, 10 3:14 PM
This is a great game, but way too short. I still have 10 minutes left in the demo and I'm half way through. This is a shame, as the graphics are very detailed, the hidden objects are appropriate to the time and place, and the music is not annoying.

The hidden objects are of a easy to medium difficulty level. Nothing is too dark, or impossible to find without a hint. There is a walkthrough, but the only time I looked at it was to find out how many chapters there are. The mini games so far have been interesting, but not very difficult.

The storyline is good, lots of atmosphere, but not overly creepy. I'll put it in my "games to buy someday" folder, but I can wait.

I did have a problem starting the game. I loaded it entered my name and hit play. A character starts talking and then a screen appeared with 4 choices, Continue, Exit and 2 others (can't remember). I couldn't get past this until I quit and restarted. Then it all worked fine.

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Jun 14, 10 9:31 AM
Hmph. It loaded fine and did the normal manufacturers credit opening but then it crashes. Won't go past that one white screen. Will not play at all. This rarely happens on my Mac. It won't let me redownload it cause it says I already did. Oh well. At least another had fun playing this. And Im sure all the PC ppl had fun too. Ive many other games from which to choose.

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jul 21, 10 8:06 PM
Bought the game and played it. The puzzles do get harder and I did have to check the walkthrough a couple of times, mostly because I had missed a step. Very good game. Looking forward to the sequel. Only complaint is with the storyline. (spoiler) The young daughter is blamed for everything. The father started this mess with his obsession with his child's lost beauty. He could have stopped at any time. He deserved his fate. A little longer story would have been nice, but overall I am glad I bought this.

Go to: