Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 2, 17 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/02/2017 at 5:07:27 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cursed here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 2, 17 12:54 AM
It won't open up for me, all I get is a black screen, and I've tried closing the page, and I can't even do that, I use Windows 8.1 64 bit, I'm gutted, it sounded like a good game

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 2, 17 1:16 AM
Janet, you could try whether re-installing the game helps, and if not, contact BFG's CS. After all, the System Requirements on the game DL page claim it would work with Win8.

Dax, thank you so much for setting up the Reviews and Tech Issues threads always and so reliably!

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 2, 17 2:22 AM
Game unplayable on Windows 10. Had great difficulty exiting it. Also, there appears to be no skip or help buttons on the first puzzle.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 2, 17 2:35 AM
Scottie, just to mention it: Win10 is not mentioned as supported OS in the System requirements, so you might be out of luck there. Can't hurt to write an email to BFG's CS, though, to ask about it, as it's a bit unusual nowadays.

Regarding your other remark, I searched in the reviews of a different portal, where the game is out already, and found the hint to make sure to have clicked on the lock button (left bottom corner) so that the hint & skip buttons & map were visible. The skip button in minigames was said to be in the top right corner (inside).
Couldn't test it myself, but hope this helps.

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by 41273 on Jan 2, 17 3:28 AM
I am running Windows 10 and the game works perfectly on my laptop.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 2, 17 4:17 AM
Scottie12 wrote:Game unplayable on Windows 10. Had great difficulty exiting it. Also, there appears to be no skip or help buttons on the first puzzle.

The game plays perfectly well on my Windows 10 laptop.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 2, 17 5:07 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 2, 17 5:31 AM
DD thank you for the suggestion, I will try that.
If it doesn't work, is there any chance of an update, to make it playable?

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 2, 17 6:11 AM
Thanks for your input, _DD, what would we do without the forums! I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. It worked OK up to a point, but was very slow moving especially between scenes and it did freeze again. I followed your advice re the skip and hint buttons and they appeared at the top right hand corner.

I see from two other posts on this subject that they can play the game on Win 10, so I'm just unlucky!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 2, 17 6:47 AM
Janet, you're welcome! If it doesn't work on your computer, read through Bellerophon's post above how to contact their Support Team. As the game works for others, they will need to find out the cause, and for that they need some specifics from your computer.

Same for you, Scottie - you're welcome - if the game is slow on your computer and has other problems, follow Bellerophon's advice above how to contact their Support Team. It's always worth a try, if you really want to play the game.

Good luck to you both

[Post New]by GlacierMyst on Jan 2, 17 7:34 AM
This is the third game that BF has released recently, that will not play on my PC. The PC runs Window 10 platform and the PC is less than a year old, Same issues on all three. Mouse does not link with game. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't work

[Post New]by GlacierMyst on Jan 2, 17 7:39 AM
Reading through the comments, it appears that this plays without issues on Win10 Laptops...So why the issues with Win10 Desktop Pc's?

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Jan 2, 17 8:38 AM
I'm on a desktop with Windows 10 and I can't even download it. When it switches to "validating," I get an error message and it stops. I rebooted my machine, and it still happened. Just to check, I tried downloading other game trials and those downloaded and validated fine. Guess I'll follow this thread for updates.

ginro
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ginro on Jan 2, 17 11:28 AM
Playing on Windows 7 ~ get blue screen with a little bit of BFG logo and voices and nothing else. I missed the sale yesterday and just picked up 2 CE's with HAPPY(yes I am!) I did uninstall and install again with the same problem.

Edited on 01/02/2017 at 11:29:04 AM PST

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Jan 2, 17 11:42 AM
My desktop PC is over 7 years old and I have Windows 10. I played the demo with no problems at all.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 2, 17 11:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team definitely appreciates players taking the time to post what is occurring in their games. I'm sorry that technical issues are present in player's games.

For players that are having trouble opening their game, it is recommended to try to run the game as an administrator. Running as an administrator gives the game the right permissions to run as it should. I'll include a help article below with these steps:

Run Game as Administrator

In regards to the Windows 10 operating system, I've gone ahead and passed this information along to the appropriate teams for investigation. At this time, Windows 10 isn't listed on the game page under the system requirements. Once any information regarding this operating system is brought to our attention, we will update the forums to inform the players. If players had originally downloaded this game on Windows 10, you are more than welcome to refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Windows 10

If issues persist on any operating system, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgBellerophon

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 3, 17 1:32 AM
I did do what DD suggested but it didn't work, so I'm saying no to this game unless there's an update to solve this issue

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Jan 4, 17 1:58 AM
Same problem as above....black screen and impossible to close out. I'm running Windows 7 with Chrome.

I tried reloading the game with no luck.

This is the second game in a row that I've had to give up on because of crashes and freezing. Both games were older so I'm chalking it up to that rather than go through all the rigmarole involved with BFs "fixes". If all the current games have been playing fine than why reconfigure everything for one outdated game?

Trying to be patient here.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 4, 17 8:35 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and help address the recent posts in this thread.

j62janet, thank you for taking the time to try the suggested troubleshooting steps. Since we don't have the tools to provide further troubleshooting from the forums, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team is always willing to help.

dollfaye, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing a black screen when trying to play this game. If you haven't already, please refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

We definitely want players to be able to access their games. If issues still persist, please contact our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations. Please keep in mind that with the different permutations on the market today, issues may arise that didn't appear in testing. The support team can definitely help look into this for you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Go to: