Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island CE here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 5, 17 12:43 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/05/2017 at 9:04:34 AM PST

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island CE here.

[Post New]by rainworm on Jan 5, 17 4:28 AM
After playing the beta some time ago, I've been waiting for this game. Domini has established by now as a developper, who works out exciting stories with good and innovative puzzles and HOS.

As I have played the games of this series, I will wait for a suiting sale.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island CE here.

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 5, 17 7:18 AM
I too beta tested this game and purchasing without demo. Very enjoyable gaming. Love the bright, cheerful colors even though the golems are running around trying to stomp on you. You get a trip to the Seeker's home planet, there are those portals again, to try and fix the problem with the bone crushers that are destroying Easter Island. Good fun!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 5, 17 9:04 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Labyrinths of the World: Secrets of Easter Island Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 5, 17 4:42 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #5 in this series. As always, I mostly review on the game play, rather than the story, as others do a much better job than I can on that piece of the game. I love this series and this addition is no exception. I beta tested this one back in September and couldn't wait for it to come out. Excellent graphics, very clear and crisp, with the exception of a little blurring when you go in and out of a closeup scene...why can't they fix that? Game play was also quite good, with no problems during the demo, and the scene fit my large screen very well. Colors are very clean and bright, very true. Animation is exceptional, with perfect mouth and eye movements. I like how your hand reaches into the scene to pick something up, rather than just have it appear in your inventory. Very well done. Voice overs are age and character appropriate and the dialog even has emotions, urgency, etc. Nicely done as well. Do be aware that there is a very bright light when you travel through the portal, just as in the last game in this series. I really like how you can choose the path you wish to take, e.g., good/evil; live/death; save/ignore, etc. Don't know if it changes the outcome if you choose the other, but it was fun.

HOPs are nothing new, but they are very clean and clear and items are not difficult to find. We have a very nice combination of interactive HOPs, silhouettes and straight lists. You can switch to a match 3 game if you do not care for the HOPs. Nicely done. Loved the way the puzzles were set up. You have the option within the puzzle to play easy or hard, not just one size fits all. The easy isn't as easy as you may think. I did not see the transport feature, but it may show up later in the game. Maybe I haven't traveled far enough yet. I didn't notice a tremendous amount of back tracking in this one either. Hint is very helpful when you need it. SG is the standard. Really like the jump map in this series. Areas are very clearly marked and identified, in color and also show if you have found all the collectibles or not. It does not tell you what you missed, you need to figure that out yourself.

Lots of collectibles, which I really like in a game. We need to find 20 artifacts, which in most cases are quite small and hard to find; 22 character statuettes which are not difficult to find; 20 morphing objects which morph quickly so be on the lookout...they say they are mythical creatures; and 63 flowers, which are easy to spot and easy to miss. Really like the variety of collectibles.

This series just gets better and better. The story is well done and easy to follow. I really got into the game from the very beginning and was quite disappointed when the demo ended. It is challenging enough to keep you moving and interested. I rarely give 5 stars to any game unless it is exceptional. Well, as much as I love this game, it still does not get 5 stars...it gets 4.75, mostly because of the blur in closeup scenes. I think all levels of players will find this one fun and challenging. Yes, I am definitely adding this one to my ever growing collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 5, 17 10:27 PM
quite enjoying this game. Even though I am getting tired of supernatural, other worldly type of HOPA games - this one is very well done. I always play on "casual" mode (whatever is the easiest). Yes (sigh), I do like all the sparkles, etc. that show me where there are areas to be completed.

the jump map is great & I quite like that I know what I have to get in the collectibles in each scene.

I play for enjoyment and relaxation. I hate to say it, but I am addicted to HOPA games. Between my books, my HOPA games & my online crossword & word games, I am a very happy camper !

Cheers, all !! in the AM - in the PM. Hope the new year is starting off great for everyone !

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 6, 17 12:43 PM
Looks like a pretty good game - better than Stonehenge, but I had no idea that Easter Island was so....pink. At any rate, good animation, interesting story, music is a bit loud and I have to keep turning down the sound. I don't like to turn it completely off, but I do have to keep this very low. Oh, and what happened to the bodies of the moai? Did the monster from the opening scene decapitate them?

OK, I'll stop being picky, and just play the game.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 6, 17 1:48 PM
fun fun fun

[Post New]by fooderwomen on Jan 9, 17 8:21 AM
not fun. story line? hate fading in and out.

Meganthedog
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Meganthedog on Jan 18, 17 8:16 AM
Overall, I thought it was good but it was spoilt for me by some very frustrating puzzles with minimal instructions. Shame.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 24, 17 10:43 PM
I agree with most of the positive reviews But, I also agree with what Meganthedog
said as I am not normally a mini-game fan and I found many of the 'minis' were just too long and instructions frequently incomplete.
I did like the Bonus Game

I am giving this on a out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale.

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 with some problems that I am going to post in the Tech problems now.

tetrouge
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by tetrouge on Feb 16, 17 10:15 AM
Constantly trying to paint the molecules with eye dropper and "constantly" having the ones I have painted just disappear!!! WHY?

Go to: