bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

War Chariots: Royal Legion

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 10, 17 12:29 AM
Plunge into the world of the Middle Ages! Lead the royal legion of war chariots and reconquer your lands from insidious invaders! Conquer enemy buildings and use magical runes to strengthen your buildings and weaken those of the enemy! Earn emeralds and improve fighting qualities of your troops. Prove your dashing courage and show off your tactical cunning.

Enjoy more than 50 distinct and interesting levels, several enemy clans and different types of buildings and plenty of magic runes for all battle occasions! Find great opportunities to improve combat and strategic skills while earning a loadful of GOLD!

Re:War Chariots: Royal Legion

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 10, 17 5:58 AM
Erm...what is the object of the game? What do you do? You seem to do a bit of dragging of troops, but then what? What does the other Knight do from the other tower? How do you upgrade? Are you the attacker or the defender?
There is some slight explanation about clicking and dragging, but then what? ZERO.
There is no explanation of anything of what your goal is or what you're supposed to do. What is happening? Who am I playing? Who is the other Knight? Where are the weapons? Am I supposed to fire on something? A number just gets lower, but then what? Do I just click and drag again? Is that it? Who is winning?

The graphics ark back to the early 90s, they're so poor. The sound effects are flat.

This game is as clear as a muddy lake in a fog. And about as much fun as a 3-hour Justine Bierber concert, listening to him scratching his nails down a blackboard.

Okay, I could have continued to see what would happen, or if the level finished, but I couldn't as there isn't enough milk of the poppy to numb the pain.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Jan 10, 17 11:26 AM
This game works on a similar principal as Land Grabbers, developed in 2011, but a much slower, clumsier version. I loved Landgrabbers and still play it now. In this game - War Chariots - your buildings are red, the enemy green and the neutral coloured ones are... well neutral, they belong to nobody and attack nobody. They are usually the first to be attacked in order to increase your territory and army. The idea is to take over the green and neutral buildings and turn them red by attacking them. Once red, they are then yours and your army is increased and stronger. You need to win all building to win the level.

Using your mouse, click on your red building and drag towards a building you want to attack. Your troops then leave and duly attack. The numbers you see over the building denote how many warriers you (and your enemy) have in that location so if you ask them to leave and attack, the number of defenders is then reduced and your building is weaker and therefore easier to be overtaken by your opponent (green). If you are attacking wth more warriors than are in the enemy building, you will defeat it and it becomes yours. You can increase your troops in your own building by 'dragging' from one to the other. You can upgrade your buildings using the runes available according to the amount of money you have accumulated. The upgrade allows you to gather more warriors in the building and therefore strengthen your army (defending and attacking). Having said all that, I didn't manage to get past level 1 as level 2 is so difficult I kept getting beaten....... I gave up and went back to Landgrabbers!

Do let me know if you have better luck.....!

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jan 11, 17 4:14 PM
I got to about level 3 or 4 cannot remember and tried to buy it using one of the free game coupons I have but because there was a sale on those coupons are made invalid, so have to wait to a non sale day before I can purchase.

Yes it is like Landgrabbers which has a much better tutorial. So to play this game gto do yourself a favor and play Landgrabbers for an hour to get an idea of the gameplay.In land grabbers you can win by just defeating the other colors, while in War Chariots you have to defeat all the neutral outposts as well.

To get past level two you have to be very aggressive. Don't wait to build up numbers to a safe level , get a bit aggressive and attack early.
Also let the opposite color weaken an intervening post before you attack it.

[Post New]by shaver on Jan 18, 17 8:42 PM
I have gotten a few levels up, but game play seems more frustrating than it should be. Can we have a landgrabbers 2 instead?

Go to: