Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Defense of Egypt here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 10, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/10/2017 at 6:46:59 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Defense of Egypt here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 10, 17 6:46 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

mitzimom
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by mitzimom on Jan 10, 17 1:33 PM
the trial didn't skip on my pc but after buying it does. should I uninstall/reinstall. would I lose everything.

Edited on 01/11/2017 at 9:10:28 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 12, 17 10:01 AM
Hi mitzimom,

I understand that an issue came up with the game after purchasing the full version. It sounds like this may be related to the game either skipping a section of the story or still displaying in the trial mode, and depending on the specific problem you're seeing there are some different steps that may help. I encourage checking out the following help articles, which contain assistance for these kinds of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Purchased Game is Still in Trial Mode

If you're still seeing a problem we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE for further assistance. Our Reps will be happy to help as best they can. Additionally, please feel free to contact myself or another one of our active Moderators if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Jan 13, 17 2:24 PM
This looks like the problem of just a blank black screen is all on you BigFish. Since you are the author, I went back and loaded Defense of Greece and had the same problem with audio and no video. BUT I also got this error only with Greece:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

So it appears that the video problem is an incompatible Visual C++ version.

WIN7 x64 8 GB RAM on both machines with everything patched and updated.

cloudy999
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cloudy999 on Jan 17, 17 12:50 PM
Greetings;

Well, I bought the game "Defense of Egypt" before I ever tried it out. My OS is Windows 7 so why all the drama?! It don't work worth a dang! And if I go by your lengthy fix(es), you may as well add me to your payroll.

A "new game everyday" is all fine and well, but shouldn't you test them first? Such a disappointment considering I must own OVER half your game and most certainly ALL your defense games... except for this one!!! WHY? Because it's Totally BUGGY.

I think you owe me a game.

Always,
cloudy999
Pam J.

DrDavid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by DrDavid on Jan 19, 17 1:31 PM
I have now loaded Defense of Egypt and Defense of Greece onto a third laptop, this one running WIN10 x64 and the video fault is gone. It looks like the problem is that the game was not built robustly enough to run on WIN7, but they will on WIN10.

[Post New]by gamenotworking on Jan 28, 17 12:26 PM
When I reset the game to start over, it does not work. So, I uninstall and reinstall the game and it still does not work. Clicking on the game immediately returns to the "Play Again" screen.

Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

I have tried all of the Mac Troubleshooting. Problem still exists.

Edited on 01/29/2017 at 8:14:14 AM PST

cloudy999
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cloudy999 on Feb 4, 17 8:12 PM
Dr David,

It's great if a user likes Win10 as an OS but I am a Win7 phenatic, all my drivers are updated, have a full 8 gig of ram and a solid high end video card. My drivers are also upgraded and up to date. I sincerely prefer Win 7 at as OS more so than Win10. So bottom line - is this game appears non-fixable with the Win7 OS. I am very saddened. that it will not play and it was not offered as a BETA but a truly workable version. Please, I would like a credit put back on my account. But also, please let me kmow when it and other Defense Games before manageable.
Sincerely,
cloudy999 / Pam

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 8:21:07 PM PST

Catzen
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Catzen on Feb 6, 17 2:20 PM
The game completely freezes my computer at the higher difficult levels.I have Windows 10, and all my drivers are up to date. When the computer freezes I have to reboot. I really like this game and would like to finish playing it.

[Post New]by AngelGrI on Mar 24, 17 3:42 PM
I can't open the game. I get an "Error: Access violation at 0x02BB0D50 (tried to read from 0xFFFFFFFF), program terminated. What's wrong?
--Using Windows 10--

Edited on 03/24/2017 at 3:45:10 PM PST

Go to: