bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for War Chariots: Royal Legion here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 10, 17 6:49 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on War Chariots: Royal Legion here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on War Chariots: Royal Legion.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for War Chariots: Royal Legion here.

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jan 14, 17 10:07 PM
After playing just 2 levels I wrote a review which gave this game some positive points. However I no longer agree with that.
The game is too difficult to get three stars let alone 1 star. The premise is like Landgrabbers, but the degree of difficulty is 10/10 compared with Landgrabbers 3/10

The drag forces to target is innovative and shows what forces you are directing there, but it is so slow and for novices in this game almost impossible to get anywhere.

These games are supposed to be fun with a little bit of challenge, however this one fails with to much of a challenge.
To make any headway you need to buy improvements but these use Gems and they are only 1 per level, not 1 per star so unless you can advance you cannot purchase more improvements
Other games let you get 3 stars for the first 5- 6 levels before starting to get a bit more difficult. this one gets impossibly difficult by level 2.

Wish I had not bought this game now.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 11:10:56 PM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Jan 16, 17 4:40 PM
Instructions at first were a little overwhelming to me, but finally figured it out. But this game is hard. Trying to move enough men to neutral colored places and stop the green place from overtaking you was hard. Could never get level two. Got level one by connecting every building I turned red to overtake the green one at top right. Just could not seem to do the 2nd level. Too many runes and helps to keep in mind what they do and when I should use them. Was always out of money to freeze the green building and trying to build up my red places. Hair pulling game. Sorry not a buy for me.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Jan 18, 17 9:01 PM
It seems that this game has only one developer and no company unless it is BigFish.
If so they need to sendit back to the developer for an update. The game does not record your option choices, so each time it starts the sounds and music are at half maximum again. If I change it to windowed mode this is not remembered either.
to work out which level you are on , or having trouble with you have to count the dots on the map. They are not numbered or have a number show if you mouse over the dots.
All of this seems to show an amateur developer who may not have played his game much in testing or who has super fast reflexes. I am almost 70 and for me to proceed past level 17 looks nigh on impossible. These games should not be this difficult. It should be possible for novices to proceed to the end of the game even if only getting 1 star then have it a bit more difficult to get 2 or three stars, but at least people are able to play the game t the end.
I would suggest that Sargis Shahzadyan go play Landgrabbers to get an idea of what his game could become. Then re-adjust his coding to make the game more playable.

Or he could start to put some videos up on youtube to show how he can win at this game but I seriously doubt that. It would be in the interests of Bigfish and this guy to do an update as they both want to make money from its sale. However in its present form there will be many unhappy players.

[Post New]by Disco_D on Jan 24, 17 2:40 AM
Right. So got to level 22 getting all 3 stars, but like the other posters, I is as stuck as a bug in the mud. Can't figure it out at all, no matter how much wine I drink... shame, 'cause I like the game, just a touch over-the-top difficult... like trying to pick up a mud-stuck bug while tipsy : (

[Post New]by tmbrooke on Feb 13, 17 3:00 PM
I have completed all levels of the game, I have 3 stars on all but the last 4 levels and working on them now, the game is challenging but not impossible, i have enjoyed the challenge but felt like there should be more levels to the game as it is too short, my advice to others is to try different attacks, each level has a little different strategy and if you move a bunch of your force to the dwelling nearest your next place of attack it will go very quickly, often times if you have a large enough force you can take multiple dwellings with that one group

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Mar 12, 17 3:32 PM
Thank you for that. However as others have pointed out the difficulty and the number of people that have gotten as far as you have can be counted on one hand. It still suggests that this game in its present state is meant for hard core gamers and that many of us oldies / slow clickers have no chance of completing the game.

On another tack it is difficult to decide what the bonuses should be used on (emerald purchases) as this would obviously make a difference?
Do I concentrate all my purchases on Attack only , Defence only , population increase, or spread evenly over all.

On one computer I just did Attack and Defense and reached level 17 , on another computer I spread purchases evenly but because it takes so long , have given up testing any further.

Edited on 03/12/2017 at 3:39:00 PM PST

[Post New]by spiderweb00 on Aug 14, 17 11:52 AM
I love this game. It is extremely well balanced and is truly a "strategy" game.

At first it was extremely difficult and I thought I had messed up by picking the wrong upgrades. But having played through this game multiple times with multiple different upgrade paths every level is winnable regardless of what upgrades you select. You can select upgrades evenly as they become available and win every level. Or you can focus completely on one upgrade until it is maxed and still win every level. If you want extra challenge max coins, then max speed, followed by defense, leaving attack and population to the end. This is more challenging, but I have done it and for this reason this game gets top marks for being extremely well balanced and re-playable.

My only criticism is the poor instructions on using the "stone rune". It took me a while to figure out how to make it work and where it worked. This is a very useful rune on some levels. So that others don't have this same problem, on some maps there is a circle in the middle of a road. Click on this circle and then the rune to make a rock roadblock to appear. This is key in getting three gold stars on certain levels, so keep an out out for these spots in the road.

The special buildings are also very useful. Instead of selecting all of your buildings and telling them to individually attack (as is done in the tutorial), try "feeding" nearby lesser buildings into stables and barracks, and then sending them out from there repeatedly. Each method has it's uses, but most of the time, using the special buildings in this manner will give you the advantage.

Minor disappointment: Nothing special for getting 3 gold stars on all levels.

Edited on 08/14/2017 at 11:54:14 AM PST

Go to: