bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 10, 17 11:59 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Windows 10

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Madame Fate won't start at all

[Post New]by SadieBlack on Feb 11, 17 2:51 PM
I just downloaded it again, so it should be the latest version.

I'm on a late 2009 Mac mini, OSX 10.11.6, plenty of RAM.

I click on the icon in, and even outside of the Game Manager and it just doesn't even open.

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ here.

[Post New]by jaxsonvonny on Feb 12, 17 3:03 AM
Can't get the game to play. Reinstalled the game manager and the game. It still won't open.

[Post New]by jaxsonvonny on Feb 12, 17 3:05 AM
Oops... I'm on a mac pro

NCCC
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by NCCC on Feb 21, 17 8:29 PM
I own 4 of the Mystery Case Files games, including this one and tonight was the first time I tried to play them in Windows 10.

They seem to work alright, but the screen size is very small. This laptop (with Windows 10) is the exact same size as my Windows 7 laptop and I never had any problem having the game truly in full screen on Windows 7.

But with Windows 10, the game remains at maybe 1/3 of the available screen size and I can't see anything.

What am I missing? Is there a Windows setting I need to change? I didn't see anything within the game allowing me to change the size of the screen, and if I exit the full screen mode within the games, I still can't resize the game window(s).

Thanks.

[Post New]by SirOOinkalot on Apr 13, 17 3:19 AM
Doesn't open. On Macbook air 2013. Lastest MCF game blackveil runs nicely, so no reason this old game doesn't ?

the error code says 809 but there was no other game running in the background. Restarted my macbook , uninstalled and reinstalled..etc. to no avail

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on May 8, 17 7:33 PM
It wont run on my mac either just closes immediately. I noticed it only runs on 10.5
Whats up with that? I switched to mac and lost a ton of games that won't or don't have for mac because of all the updates with pc. And now the same thing with mac. You do updates and you lose even more games.I have spent tons of money and games and alot are now obsolete or you just don't havefor mac. Alot of great tm games are not playable or missing. You need more of the tm games. There are 2 new delicious games out and have yet to see them on here. Isn't there some way to make it so you can play the older games on mac? Or to make it so pc games play on mac. I also noticed alot of my games in my list aren't even listed on your site anymore but can still download them to play, Like Fairway and it works fine.

[Post New]by MsMegaRam on Oct 21, 17 8:30 AM
I recently updated my Windows 10, The update was big so I guess I missed a lot of things that my Auto update didn't get, the problem is, I have had Mystery Case Files Madame Fate loaded on my PC for a long time, played countless times with no problem, all of a sudden it won't open, I am getting an error, ( access violation at 0x73DA9E3B ) and something about the Adobe projector not working..I have uninstalled the game, etc, Not sure how to proceed. I love this game, it's a 2008 I am hoping I can still play it! Please help! thank you!

[Post New]by mikedipalma on Oct 24, 17 10:06 PM
I’m having the same problem with this same MCF game. I can report the same symptoms. I played the game MANY times on my Windows 10 machine BEFORE the latest big update with no problem. After this latest windows update, the game won’t launch, with the same error and something about “tried to write 0x000A0FB4 program terminated”
I am having the same problem with MCF Return to Ravenhearst and MCF Broken Hour Collectors Edition ... the give me an Error code 900.

I think we need Tech Support to help, and will contact them tomorrow... tonight I’m on my iPad and have limited time.

[Post New]by PepperPotts79 on Nov 10, 17 6:46 PM
can't play madame fate on my MAC. is there any updates for this??? I have OS 10.12.6
or am just out the games I have?
any help would be appreciated. I really want to play these again.
thanks!!!

[Post New]by Shatcher1111 on Nov 27, 17 7:44 PM
Madame Fate won't run on my new MacBook Pro. The newer Mystery Case Files games play just fine but the older ones won't open. Please come up with a solution since I have paid for these games twice now after switching from a windows computer to a Mac. HELP

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Nov 28, 17 10:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble getting the game to work on various systems (although mostly Macs). I thought I would swim by really quickly to provide more information about what could be going on.

At this time, Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ is incompatible with Max OS X version 10.7 and up. Sometimes older games do not get along well with newer updates to operating systems. When compatibility issues of this nature come up, there's not much we can do with troubleshooting to get the game working. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

For these situations, the best course is to reach out to our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to provide a replacement game. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator at any time with any remaining questions or concerns. We'll be happy to provide any answers we can.

bfgArinelle

Edited on 11/28/2017 at 10:21:38 AM PST

Go to: