Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 12, 17 12:45 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/12/2017 at 6:42:00 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 12, 17 6:42 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 12, 17 11:18 AM
I'm on chapter 5 already - doesn't seem like an overly long game. Graphics are very clear, voice-overs are very good. Music is pretty good. the ONLY problem I have with this game is that some of the hidden object scenes are very dark !! I found in some instances I either just clicked around until I happened to hit an item or had to keep going to the hint button because I couldn't find some of the items.

Other than that, I haven't minded this game - it certainly has kept me occupied during some nasty blizzard conditions this morning, along with minus 44 C temps, with the wind chill. Very good day to stay indoors and play a game !!

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 12, 17 3:16 PM
Hello friends! Well, we have #7 in this series, I believe. I only have 5 of them and not all are CE games. The graphics and animation in this game is very well done, with bright true colors. Game play was pretty good, with much better animation than in the last game in the series. They seem to have fixed the problem they have had with long lags between scenes as well. The game does flow, although a bit slowly. Music was not bad, but annoying after a while. Voice might have been good if they had been clear. The sound was very grainy and fuzzy. Thought it odd that no other reviewer noted this, but most all gave this one 5 stars too. Sound FX aren't bad when you have them.

HOPs are nothing new, and I only came across interactive lists. They were a bit cluttered but items are not hard to find. Puzzles were very simple, no challenge and no brain power used to complete them. I did not run across a transport feature in this game, so I had to do a lot of back-tracking. Yes, you have a jump map, which they also cleaned up a lot and is nicely done. It even shows you where you missed a collectible. SG is helpful, but not really needed, except to make sure you find all of the collectibles. Hint system is helpful.

The only real collectibles are 20 crowns of various size and shape. These are fairly easy to spot, but you still need to look for them. The SG and other reviews stated that we also have portraits of characters, I found a couple during the demo; cats which I have not seen yet..not sure what they do for you; and moons which when all are collected, open a horoscope for you. Collectibles are okay.

I like this series, but I'm not really sure this one is CE worthy. This game is not challenging at all, and the sound problem really put me off. The beta worked much better than the demo. This is not a bad game, they just need a little more quality assurance before they put them out for purchase. Maybe I'm just getting tired of the same game all the time. They never seem to change it up or give you anything new or extra, but I think a lot of players would like this one, if they fix the sound problem. I will put this one in my puddle and see if we get a fix. If we do, I will get this game in the CE version...I seem to have a need to find those silly cats!

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirits of Mystery: The Fifth Kingdom Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 17 9:28 AM
Oh my... what an incredibly BO-RING game this is. I fell asleep while being bored in some room I was locked into. Very disappointing. And chasing after half moons with that mirror every 5 minutes didn't help either. Another HUGE BORE, as is having to put together objects without the possibility to skip those tiresome tasks.

I own all the other games in the series and, looking back, it seems they were getting more boring with each game that came out. I remember now - belated - that the last couple of games were not very exciting to play, and this one is just too boring.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that when I first saw this game offered, I have mistaken it with the "Spirit of Revenge" series, (this game is out today). And that's why I bought "Spirits of Mystery" without playing the demo first. Won't do that again.

Also, and I don't know whether it has anything to do with this particular game being compressed when you download it, but some of the voices, especially that of the nanny at the beginning was very scratchy, as if my sound system was on the blink. And this game is so high-powered that my gaming laptop switched to its Nvidia graphic card instead of using its normal build-in card, which is designed for this type of HOGs.

Therefore, on several levels, I am very unhappy with this game. Didn't even continue the game after I fell asleep and will never want to start it again.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 12:34:02 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 15, 17 2:37 AM
I have just finished this game, and enjoyed it

What I like most about this series is our favourite villain: Isa. I kept wanting to know what his story was. I have to admit I was a bit confused, after his 'redemption' in the last game, but having read his 'story' - finally! lol, I understand.

Overall, I found the graphics to be clear and bright (just sometimes in the mini game and HO's I had a bit of trouble seeing dark objects). The music is fine, and the voices are good too. Some puzzles I had to skip after trying them first, some others I skipped because I am no good at them, lol. The rest were fine.

As always, try the game for yourself, before buying. You just may like it

Cheers,

Jen

daggy_k
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by daggy_k on Feb 25, 17 9:55 AM
Liked it. Had some of the features which attracted me to this series in the first place.
Nothing too challenging, just right for a bit of relaxation.

But then the disappointment at the end of the main game.
You see, I've spent the whole game proving how good I am at mastering challenges on my own - and then I have to marry???? What kind of reward is this supposed to be?
I was desperatly searching for the third button which said 'none of the two'.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jun 9, 17 2:42 PM
just finished. I really liked this game. Isa sure changed. I thought the cat statues telling what they were was pretty cool. & knowing someone's pet cat Zefir :: helped with the game, pretty awesome. Wonder is there going to be more in this series, sure hope so.

Edited on 06/09/2017 at 2:43:59 PM PST

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jul 14, 17 6:55 AM
Isa the evil sorcerer has returned! He has conjured up a wicked batch of hatred as he carries out the biddings of the master of all evil. Isa knows that every 20 years, on the night of a full moon, the heirs to each of the four Kingdoms gather to crown the new ruler of all Kingdoms. Isa also knows that if this ceremony doesn't take place, chaos and war will ensue, and this is exactly what he's counting on when he kidnaps the Princess! It's time to stop evil in it's tracks, it's time to put an end to Isa before his nefarious plan becomes reality.
This is one of the best Spirits of Mystery game yet, which actually takes place between the Chains of Promise and Family Lies. The graphics are beautifully hand drawn which ERS has become famous for in all of their games. The storyline does a nice job of tying old vs. new Spirits of Mystery plots together, as they explain the how's and why's of rise of Isa, the villian of all Kingdoms. ERS seems to love their floating magic devices which are presented in some form or another in all of their series, including this one which is a Moon Mirror. The mirror can destroy the Eclipse Blossom that releases a fatal poison when it blooms. Naturally, you will play a Mini Game to recharge the mirror by capturing 7 floating crescent moons that can't be seen by the naked eye. There are also Collectible Crowns which give you a brief description of it's origins as well as how it was forged. There are Collectible Portraits and eventually their are collectible Cats but I didn't find any in the demo itself. The Achievements are pretty cool, as you earn them, you receive information and artwork about the Kingdoms and characters.
The Hidden Object Scenes are mostly Interactive List finds, the scenes are beautifully drawn and there are a ton of interactive items, most of the scenes have a small puzzle to solve as well. Each HOP has a hidden Crescent moon available in this Collector's Edition. There are several small Zoom Zone Hop's where you find multiples of one item such as 5 feathers or flowers.
The Mini Games are easy to medium in difficulty, but fairly entertaing. Below are brief descriptions of some of the games you'll encounter during the demo:
1) Find items that match the Keywords in each sentence.
2) Swap puzzle tiles to complete the picture.
3) Remove vines by clicking on matching flowers.
4) Click on the meter when the arrow is in the red zone.
5) Swap gems so they are in their matching color coded slots.
6) Slide symbols along tracks to the correct spots.
7) Create a continuous line of stone blocks from one end to the other by dragging various blocks of ice, stone, spikes and fire.
8) Capture 7 crescent moons with the Moon Mirror by scanning the entire scene with the mirror.
9) Fill 5 color coded vials by connecting color coded orbs with a horizontal or vertical line.
10) Select 3 piano keys with symbols, that when combined will create the symbol that is circled.
This Collector's Edition has 10 Wallpapers, 10 Concept Art pictures, 9 Avatars, 6 Screensavers, 16 replayable Mini Games, an Endless MG, 10 collectible Portraits, 4 Music Soundtracks, 22 replayable Hidden Object Scenes, 8 Collectible Cats, replayable Movies, Collectible Moons in the HOP's (view them in moon room and get horoscope) Test, 20 Collectible Crowns, 20 Achievements, a built in Strategy Guide, a Bonus Chapter and an extra Bonus Chapter (Isa's Story), enjoy a peaceful kingdom Princess!

Go to: