bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Wisbey Mystery

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 13, 17 12:29 AM
For many years locals have avoided the manor by the woodside. Its dark and dilapidated walls keep a terrible secret about the unsolved murder of the sheriff and his wife. The mystery continues when a young journalist, writing a story about the incident, disappears under murky circumstances. Maybe the maniac's diary he found earlier has something to do with it... Solve the manor's mystery and save the journalist before it's too late!

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:The Wisbey Mystery

[Post New]by gilesluver on Jan 13, 17 3:32 AM
Why does this description sound so familiar? This doesn't seem to have a Collector's Edition.

And most other references in Yahoo imply that versions of this were out in October of 2016.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Jan 13, 17 4:27 AM
From what I've seen, it was released in October.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 13, 17 4:40 AM
After playing the demo I would have thought it was older than that and I usually don't mind older games and can ignore misspelled words, but this game just wasn't for me.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 13, 17 5:15 AM
It is a blast from the past.

I have to say, I did enjoy it. It was not over loaded with HO's or puzzles.

Good thing there is a jump map, as you do a lot of running around. Not too bad, tho.

You might have to figure out some of the descriptions like blade was a spatula, troll was a minnow. But that was ok too.

It is quite short, which was also just fine by me, as I used a cc on it and I didn't get tired of playing it.

I don't know where these dev's are, but I loved the accents
I think they did a fine job on this game.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Jan 13, 17 5:44 AM
I have a question for the people who have played this game. I notice that there is no blog walkthrough. Do you feel that a walkthrough is needed? Is there a Hint button, and if so, was it helpful?

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 13, 17 7:39 AM
LadyJane, no you don't need a walk thru, the hint button works well and you have the map which highlights that there is a task left to due at that site. What I did was look at my inventory to see what I had yet to use, then went to my map to see which room it might/could be used in.

I hope I explained this ok.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 13, 17 2:21 PM
I finished the game. Actually quite enjoyed it. yes, there was a lot of back and forth, but as CiChDa said - I found I was doing the same. Was pretty easy to follow. Usually we get an SE version of a previously released CE game, so actually, this was quite a nice surprise.

I think the developer did a nice job on this game and it was a pleasant & relaxing game to play.

gilesluver
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gilesluver on Jan 14, 17 6:53 AM
I'm just wondering if this was released on BF under a different title.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 6:55:31 AM PST

Sublu78
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Sublu78 on Jan 26, 17 3:42 AM
The description reminds me of the original Ravenhearst game - and the innumerable similar series, as well. Lol!
Abandoned house / building / asylum that the locals won't go near because it's haunted / somebody's been killed / disappeared there... Yep, definitely sounds familiar!

[Post New]by daisyjanefish on Jan 28, 17 7:08 AM
I was going to purchase this game today (1/28/17) as there is a promotion $7.99 for a CE and $3.99 for Standard version. The charge for this game was $7.99 even though it's not a CE. I'm confused.

kklohr1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by kklohr1 on Jan 28, 17 7:34 AM
It's a decent game, and it's nice to have a SE only release. However the map will show areas where there are things to do, but most of them you won't be able to do until you've done something else first. Which is unlike most games which only give the exclamation point when you can actually do something at that moment in the game. It's frustrating but it can be dealt with.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 31, 17 6:25 PM
Wow, super short game! Very abrupt ending. Glad I got it with a pcc. I think this must be a new developer, hopefully their next game will have some improvements. Very frustrating when the map says there is something to do at a location, but you can't do it yet. A few language issues as well. Story wasn't anything new. I think this developer can do much better and look forward to their next offering! At least the music wasn't annoying and there was no "helper" or "gadget"!

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 3, 17 12:59 PM
I can overlook grammar/spelling errors, especially when the game's Developer's 1st language is not English.

This game kept my interest and was a relatively good "who done it".

The game's abrupt ending, caught me by surprise, though.

Overall, I consider it a pretty good game even if it was rather short.

Go to: