Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 14, 17 1:11 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 6:48:04 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 14, 17 6:47 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Jan 14, 17 11:11 AM
I seem to be having a problem with the bonus game. It is no longer allowing me to pick up objects from inventory, starting with the cane.

eurotahny
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by eurotahny on Jan 14, 17 12:22 PM
Can't find the match for the last gem in the HOS in the cave in the bonus section. Hint was no help - clicked it, hint erased and it started filling again but not help shown. It appears there is no match for the only gem that highlights. I've clicked each pixel, I think.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 12:33:44 PM PST

LunaNik
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Vendel is not up to BFG standards.

[Post New]by LunaNik on Jan 14, 17 3:12 PM
What a surprise, a Vendel game that crashes on my Mac. It was either that or a bug that makes the game unplayable.

Since one or the other has happened with every single one of the games Vendel has released in the past few years, since it affects both Mac and Windows users, and since they NEVER release an update to fix the issues, I strongly suggest that BGF stop producing their games. It's clear that Vendel doesn't know how to port games to the Mac, and that they don't beta test enough.

The lengthy error message I received when THIS game crashed included multiple references to images, renders, and programming from Love Chronicles: Beyond the Shadows, which strongly suggests that Vendel is reusing buggy images, renders, and programming to create new games that also crash and/or are full of bugs. I doubt this is the kind of product BFG wants its name on.

Mac OS 10.11.6
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Memory
AMD Radeon HD 512 MB Graphics Card
500 GB SATA hard drive with 269.74 GB free

And, no, I'm not wasting my time uninstalling and reinstalling. My BFG Game Manager is up-to-date, as are my Flash and Java. It's not me. It's Vendel.

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jan 14, 17 5:13 PM
Game crashed four times in nine minutes; I quit when it crashed the fifth time.
MacOS 10.12.2.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 5:13:33 PM PST

[Post New]by gooberfred on Jan 14, 17 6:32 PM
I too am having the same issue with the gems in the cave. I have also noticed that several of the mini games do not function. Hope there is a fix in the works soon as I am getting a little tired of paying for games that I can't finish.

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Jan 15, 17 5:55 AM
Mac Yosemite here.

Not even trying this game. Couldn't finish the last Vendel game. So frustrating! Got a replacement coupon from BFG, fair enough.

LunaNik, you have my full support!

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

Bonus Chapter

[Post New]by Hapless on Jan 16, 17 3:29 AM
Having finished the main game the bonus chapter wont open. All I get is falling leaves and and a curser. Am I missing something or is this a glitch?

Thank you
Linda

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jan 17, 17 6:22 AM
I am finding the game lags badly when am playing, sit there waiting for it to move.

[Post New]by martaroonie on Jan 17, 17 11:59 AM
I am having the problem with the last gem and its pair. Hint doesnt help.

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Jan 17, 17 10:31 PM
I got stuck in the media room. The power is on, but I can put the curtains down or lower the screen, so it's not possible for me to go further.

doseydose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by doseydose on Jan 18, 17 5:03 PM
I am, also, having trouble with the last gem in the cave in the Bonus. Thought it was going to be one game I could play without any glitches. I was proved wrong. I am playing on Windows 10.

Edited on 01/18/2017 at 5:04:55 PM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 19, 17 12:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been coming across these issues in the game! I wanted to stop in here to offer some help and information.

In order to prevent technical issues from occurring all of our games are tested thoroughly before release on different software and hardware platforms. However, unexpected glitches may still arise due to the various computer configurations that are available, and we certainly understand the frustration that these problems can cause. While the forums aren't equipped to gather specific data on technical issues, the Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who takes the time to report issues here, and we work to track and send them to the right teams.

The Moderators additionally encourage checking out our help articles when problems are occurring, as they include quick troubleshooting steps that can be helpful in getting the game to function properly. I've included a couple below that can be useful in addressing issues like these:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

Additionally, the following has some information specific for Mac computers:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If anyone continues to see an issue or if there's any problem running through those steps, we highly recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE. As I mentioned, the Moderators don't have access in the forums to the tools needed to provide further assistance, however the Support Team is always ready to help as best they can.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators. Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by Melonenmond on Jan 21, 17 4:44 AM
I couldn't d fish the artifact out of the garden pond and now the game is stuck.
The painting minigame does not function.
Please release a fix asap.

wagannon
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wagannon on Jan 21, 17 11:10 AM
I am, also, having trouble with the last gem in the cave in the Bonus.

[Post New]by Melonenmond on Jan 24, 17 5:24 AM
Melonenmond wrote:I couldn't d fish the artifact out of the garden pond and now the game is stuck.
The painting minigame does not function.
Please release a fix asap.

Anybody of bigfish reading this forum?

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 29, 17 8:48 AM
Can't finish the hop with the gems either. Same problem as the other players.

I'm not holding my breath for a fix......games are rarely fixed these days.

Emmmms1974
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Emmmms1974 on Jan 29, 17 9:18 AM
I can't combine the nitrogen, gloves & googles????

[Post New]by bzbear2000 on Jan 31, 17 3:56 PM
I am also having trouble with the last gem in the cave in the Bonus.

Go to: