Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 14, 17 1:13 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/14/2017 at 6:47:14 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 14, 17 6:47 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Spirit of Revenge: A Test of Fire Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 14, 17 1:40 PM
Hi all! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story to others to review. We have #5 in this series. For some reason, I only have 3. This game has fairly nice graphics, but could be a bit clearer, not a deal breaker by any means. Game play was excellent. Place was perfect and the game flowed very well. Colors are quite nice and bright, very true. Voices are age and character appropriate, with emotion for a change. Animation is excellent. Facial features fit whatever is happening at the time, movement are very smooth. Music is soothing until something is either happening or about to happen, then it cuts loose.

HOPs are varied interactive lists and interactive silhouettes. The scenes are fairly clear and items are not difficult to find. Set up is done quite nicely. Puzzles are simple and don't take any brain power to complete, but done well. I actually didn't skip any. We don't really have that many HOPs or puzzles in this one, but enough to keep you from getting bored with the story and play. Each game in this series has a little different story line and they have all been interesting. I'll have to figure out why I didn't get the one in this series. Yes, we have spirits, but they really aren't scary. Hint system is quite helpful and we do have a transport feature for longer locations. The jump map is also helpful, but I didn't really find the need to use it for this game. As I said, the game flowed quite well and is very easy to follow.

Collectibles are not many, but enough. We have character figurines, which are not in every scene, so watch for them. They can be anywhere. We also have 41 morphing items, so far one in each scene. They morph quit slowly, so it is easy to miss one if you are in a hurry to move on. The SG, of course, tells you where they are.

I found this game surprisingly fun and interesting. I really got into the story when the demo ended. I beta tested this a while back and I see that they did make some very nice changes to the play. No, not much challenge, but occasionally it's just nice to have a fun and relaxing game to play. This is one of them. I think all levels of players will find this one fun for one reason or another. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection of CE games.

As always, try if out for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 14, 17 2:41 PM
I agree with your comments, dancemom1 - an enjoyable game - relatively easy to get through - pleasant way to spend some time Saturday afternoon

cheers !

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Jan 14, 17 7:38 PM

Edited on 01/20/2017 at 1:12:56 PM PST

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 15, 17 5:36 AM
Disappointed at how short this game was and not worthy of a CE

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 20, 17 1:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who takes the time to post reviews for our games, and I wanted to stop in here to thank you all for sharing your feedback here.

In order to make sure that the thread stays easy to navigate we do also ask that people please keep our Review Guidelines in mind. Specifically according to my initial post in this thread:

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

We request that people please make sure that all posts in this discussion are reserved for reviews of the game, rather than responding to other posters. This way we can ensure that the thread stays tidy and accessible for everyone who wants to participate.

Thank you all for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Go to: