ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

Lisa's hints for this game

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 4, 10 1:24 PM
I try to post some hints for Match-3 games I liked, but this one is so easy it's hard to come up with a lot. Still, here goes:

If you play untimed, you need to watch out for the "automatic" use of bonuses. If you take too long to break a path or collect the tokens needed for a bridge, parrot, etc., Ali will ask the genie for help and the genie will send a power-up. I tried to avoid this effect, so I'm not sure whether it's a random power-up or always the best one you have. In any case, it is not always the best one for the situation. Better to use a power-up before Ali yells for help, that way you can choose.

There are two kinds of arrows, the ones Ali sets off, and the ones you set off. The ones you set off are activated by moving them one space in any direction. Sometimes movement is blocked, but often it is available in several directions. The best way to use those arrows is to combine use of the map (lower right) and clearing a bit of path further along to see where the path goes. That way, you can shoot the arrow to clear the path, not in some useless direction.

About the HOG scenes: You get a trophy for finding all the "extras" (jewels, pearls, shells) called for. It's fun to get all the trophies. Some ot the extras don't appear until later in the scene (they might be hidden behind something), but they all appear before you pick up the last hidden object. So if you are trying to collect the trophies, find all the extras before the last part of the HOG.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

Re:Lisa's hints for this game

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Apr 4, 10 9:58 PM
Is there a limit to how many hammers, bombs, etc. you can keep on hand? I try to save for the higher "timed" levels, but it seems I Can't get them to save more than 9 of each.

[Post New]by valerie_griffin on Oct 6, 10 6:40 AM
I've only got as far as the ship in this game and I cant find anymore of the hidden objects.............I hate find the object games, had I known I wouldn't have bought it...I thought it was just a match 3 game....

Can you help me past this obstacle so I can get back to the good part?

Valerie

Mamalita
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by Mamalita on Aug 21, 11 7:44 PM
It seems that only nine power-ups of each can be saved. Also I only saw the genie use the hammer. I never had him use one of the other power-ups.

Fortunately, on the hidden object scenes, hints can be used to help find everything. I found myself clicking everywhere to find some of the pieces.

Go to: