Royal Envoy = Amazing!

Royal Envoy = Amazing!

[Post New]by XanderTheSlayer on Apr 4, 10 1:54 PM
Recently, the newest game by Playrix (the makers of Fishdom/Gardenscapes/4Elements) called "Royal Envoy" was released.

They're selling a Collector's Edition now (this seems to be the trend now), but let me tell this: It's worth EVERY PENNY.

Royal Envoy it's a bit like the Build-a-Lot games, but still quite unique in it's own way. The graphics are simple the best out there for this genre, and there's so much detail on every single thing that it's keeps surprising me everytime. I specially love the loading screens (yep, I know, it's a strange thing to love!) since they're so pretty. And the game has plenty of replay value, with expert scores, trophies, and expert mode, etc.

Plus, what also really surprised me is that the Collector's Edition content is really great. This time (in my opinion) it DOES make a difference, since there's a detailed walkthrough for every level, a Making Off feature, wallpapers, soundtrack and 30 bonus challenges (yes, 30!).

Let's hope that they release this Collector's Edition here on Big Fish too, as it's too good for people to miss it. Maybe if more people want it they rush to release it here!

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

Re:Royal Envoy = Amazing!

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Apr 4, 10 1:56 PM
It sounds like something I'll love! Fingers crossed!

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Apr 4, 10 2:08 PM
Could not agree more. Worth every penny, and the best game I've played in a looooong while.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 4, 10 2:31 PM
Good Luck! Looks like a good game if you are into that genre. Not my cup of tea at all, but enjoy!

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 4, 10 2:33 PM
Xander

I so agree. Developers should take note- this is how a Collectors Edition should be.
All customers seem happy with what they get for the $20 so far- everyone who has purchased it is in praise.

I think this is Game of the Year - delightful!

[Post New]by XanderTheSlayer on Apr 4, 10 2:35 PM
Also, something I forgot to mention: it it's "kinda" untimed.
That is: there is a timer, but you don't need to complete the level under it. Completing the level on time, on the other hand, gathers you an expert score. But that's about it (although completing every level in expert unlocks Expert Mode, but that alone is of course directed to "expert" players).
So, people who wants a relaxing game can also enjoy the beauty of Royal Envoy!

Mentalistlvr
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by Mentalistlvr on Apr 4, 10 2:46 PM
Looks like a great game, hope it comes to Mac soon too.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Apr 4, 10 2:48 PM
and if helping the devs make better games is your motivation for buying CE's - buy it from them!

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 4, 10 2:54 PM
XanderTheSlayer wrote:Also, something I forgot to mention: it it's "kinda" untimed.
That is: there is a timer, but you don't need to complete the level under it. Completing the level on time, on the other hand, gathers you an expert score. But that's about it (although completing every level in expert unlocks Expert Mode, but that alone is of course directed to "expert" players).So, people who wants a relaxing game can also enjoy the beauty of Royal Envoy!

Yes you get an extra mode if you get the experts.

The basic game is 63 levels which is very lengthy in itself.
There is extra 30 bonus levels in the CE however, only 10 become unlocked when you complete the main game. You then need to get a certain amount of expert levels to unlock the next 20 bonus levels.

I only played a coupe of the bonus and did not get expert but I think I would on my 2nd or 3rd try.

I am already replaying the main game to get all the experts - there is a lot of play time in this very beautiful and fun game

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Apr 4, 10 3:21 PM
I downloaded the demo. Not normally my type of game, but thanks for the heads up.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 4, 10 4:07 PM
You're right Xander. I did a beta on this and it will be the first tm/builder I buy. The art is beautiful as you said. Got sidetracked and did not realize it has been released.

kelvy0303
Stingray
Stingray
4,533 Posts

[Post New]by kelvy0303 on Apr 4, 10 4:33 PM
Played, loved it, will purchase. Reminds me of My Kingdom for the Princess.

halfadime7
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by halfadime7 on Apr 4, 10 5:55 PM
I had the pleasure of beta testing this game and enjoyed it so much I'm set to purchase, but when is it coming to BFG? It was released last week. Anyone know?

evettsonoe
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by evettsonoe on Apr 19, 10 2:01 PM
When is the non-Collectors Edition coming out?

wolfpup13
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by wolfpup13 on Jun 3, 10 2:08 PM
kelvy0303 wrote:Played, loved it, will purchase. Reminds me of My Kingdom for the Princess.

Me too,thats why I bought it right after playing the Demo for it.Really am enjoying them both!

huntington101
Salmon
Salmon
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by huntington101 on Jun 3, 10 4:02 PM
Don't forget to open up the book in the trophy room and click on the mini movies that are available once an island is finished.

I really like all they put into this one besides just the 63 levels. The islands get even more animated after you finish one. Love shooting the cannon. Even the trophys will do stuff if you hover the cursor over them.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Feb 14, 11 5:44 AM
I love this game and my 12 year old niece loves it as well. Just when I thought there were no more surprises or quirks I noticed at the end of the game that a few more workers and tax collecters put inb an appearance. eg level 39 I finished up with 6 workers and 5 tax gatherers, but when thery are all cheering suddenly there are 8 workers.
Sometimes it is the tax collectors that increase, but there are always more than what you actually hired.
I do a control alternate Print Screen to do a screen capture and then control V to paste it in Paint or other image editing program (free program Irfanview at (link removed by moderator)) is good as well. That way I can count the excess easily.
Anybody noticed any other quirks?

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 11:52:37 AM PST

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 14, 11 6:08 AM
I bought this game in early January during the sale and I play it every day. I upgraded to the CE..my first and probably only...and am very happy. I've never played more than 15 minutes of any other TM game. Since I bought Royal Envoy I've tried most of the others that were recommended but I hate them compared to RE, I quit after 20 minutes and go back to this one. It's my favorite game now and probably always will be.

[Post New]by lemony_snicket on Feb 14, 11 10:53 AM
i demoed the game quite awhile agp already and have been waiting to purches it but haven't been able to i also like it alot and enjoyed playing it however none of the build a lot games will work with the computer system that i have now good thing i had only downloaded demos of them so im glad i didnt waste any money on them

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 14, 11 12:48 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm just wanted to jump in to slide this thread over to the Royal Envoy Forum. But not to worry, it will also still show up in the Chit-Chat Corner.

To find the Forum for any game, just click on All Game Forums at the top of this page, and type in the title for your game. Or, go here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: