Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

Chapter 6 - Dragon Cave - Making explosive - Please Explain

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Jan 14, 17 10:43 AM
I'm hoping that someone can explain making the explosive when in the dragon's cave. I ended up following the numbered steps in the strategy guide but that made no sense to me.

I crushed each of the ingredients without issue.

Every time I tried to weigh scoops of each ingredient, I was told I lost and could start this step again. But, same results every time I tried to use the scales. I could put weights (and the walnut) on the left-hand scale, but the right-hand scale did not move when I put an ingredient on it.

The numbered steps in the SG only involve crushing the ingredients and then filling the horn. The SG made no mention of using the scales.

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Jorie

deelynde
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Chapter 6 - Dragon Cave - Making explosive - Please Explain

[Post New]by deelynde on Jan 16, 17 11:26 AM
Having same problem. Need explanation on weights

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Jan 18, 17 1:46 AM
Same problem, I don't get it. There is a weight missing from the set. Supposedly we are supposed to weigh each ingredient, but one of the weights is not possible with the missing weight. I tried going by the SG solution, and was still told that I "lost the game".

[Post New]by 40fun40 on Jan 18, 17 3:00 PM
I finally figured it out! You don't actually use the weights or scale. I followed the SG instructions. Basically you are scooping the 3 different powders into the horn, not onto the scale. it tells you in the SG how many times you need to scoop for each one. I hope this helps if not I can try to give more details.

babstoo
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by babstoo on Feb 13, 17 9:00 AM
I think the walnut is supposed to replace the missing "5" weight, I couldn't see any other purpose for it. Even so, I couldn't figure out how to weigh anything. I had already crushed all the ingredients before I had trouble with the weighing and when I consulted the SG it was confusing. So I just used the parts of the SG solution that referred to scoops only and had to add one extra scoop of coal and then the meter filled properly. When the meter disappeared that meant the horn was filled correctly. The scoop still hovered over the horn and it kept saying to add ingredients, but then I just continued adding the cork, using the awl and adding the fuse and it worked out.

Go to: