therat03
Clownfish
Clownfish
646 Posts

Mac version quite buggy?

[Post New]by therat03 on Apr 4, 10 2:45 PM
I can't even get past the first clue site. No screen clicks register and the game is completely locked up. I have to force-quit to escape the dungeon that is this game.

I have downloaded three separate times hoping its been updated but nada. Pity since I enjoyed Lost Cases but I really cannot recommend this one at all.

Running 10.6 on a 27" iMac.

Re:Mac version quite buggy?

[Post New]by silvergirl_quest on May 30, 10 3:11 PM
I can't even START the first clue site. The game freezes (although the music still plays) as soon as I open the first clue site and I have to force-quit to get out of the game.

I've also downloaded this one three times (before I checked this forum to see if there were any hints to help me out).

Running 10.6 on a Mac mini.

[Post New]by kstroud1 on Jun 9, 10 12:06 PM
I'm stuck too! Can't get anywhere and nothing works. Is there help available out there?

[Post New]by Derren on Jun 23, 10 5:23 PM
The Mac version of this game is not compatible with Snow Leopard. Contact tech support and they'll give you a code that's redeemable for a free new game. Kind of sucks though as I wanted to play this and it's the only Mac compatible Sherlock Holmes game.

[Post New]by Dwartz on Jul 4, 10 8:31 AM
I'm running 10.5 (Leopard) and I have the same problems. Freezes at first clue site.

[Post New]by AlbertaGnome on Aug 14, 10 4:10 AM
Same here: complete freeze at first clue site on G4 Powerbook running Leopard 10.5.8. So the problem appears on both Intel and Motorola CPUs. Has anyone managed to get a refund?

Edited on 08/14/2010 at 4:11:21 AM PST

RiniW
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by RiniW on Oct 12, 10 4:22 PM
I am using this game on a Mac, running OS/X 10.6.4. I also found that the game froze at the first level, but if you look carefully, the tutorial cursor is pointing at a box of matches, and when you click on them it will allow you to keep playing. One problem I have come across though, is that in the top left corner, there are supposed to be 3 icons to navigate through the game... one is Sherlock, one is a map. All I have is a Puzzles button, the main menu button, and the ? button. Does anybody have any ideas as to how to fix this. It is a good game when you get into it.

I hope this helps all of you out there in Mac world who are stuck like I was!

Go to: