bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Griddlers Victorian Picnic

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 18, 17 12:29 AM
Griddlers Victorian Picnic is a fun and intellectual game for anyone who loves logic puzzles and wants to dive into the age of Victorian England. Here you can stroll through an unforgettable London park, get your fill of its wonderful alleys and earn tons of memorable souvenirs. Enjoy 120 nonogram puzzles of varying difficulty across 6 picturesque locations.

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Griddlers Victorian Picnic

[Post New]by romany09 on Jan 18, 17 7:49 AM
This would be a fun game but unfortunately, using white print on a gray background is impossible for me to see without eye strain. Sorry, I have made a new year resolution to not buy games that are "unseeable"!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jan 18, 17 9:27 AM
Hello all,

I love the "griddler", "nonogram", mosaic" (whatever you prefer to call them) kind of games... but I usually don't purchase the ones like this one that use just one color for the pictures. It makes them look so drab and unappealing. If these developers would start using multiple colors for their nonograms, they might discover they are selling a lot more nonogram games.

If they don't want to go to the extra work of separating the colors so that the player is applying each individual color at a time, they could use the method utilized in the wonderful "Arizona Rose" nonogram puzzle games. Those developers worked out a method of simply having the various colors applied so that, for instance, if one full row is part of the picture with no blank spaces in between, when the player opens that row, many different colors might be revealed. Therefore, the finished picture is very beautiful and colorful.

For those who don't mind nonogram games with only one color in each puzzle, enjoy!!!

Classicaljazz

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jan 19, 17 9:53 AM
I don't care about the colors...a good grid will have a recognizable shape. But I do care about the lack of care for logic that went into these puzzles. This may have been my last purchase from 8 Floor games.

Go to: