Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 19, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/19/2017 at 6:39:41 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by belamba on Jan 19, 17 4:00 AM
I love Elephant games, and having played the trial hour bought it. I was truly shocked to find no more than 45 minutes game play left for £10.80. I just played the bonus game and it was 30 minutes worth. I skipped one puzzle. Set custom mode with no black bar tips/texts too.

This game seemed more like an Eipix game than Elephant. Too many find the symbols, some battle scenes and very few puzzles that I enjoyed. And the one I did enjoy (slider puzzle) the cursor wouldn't stay in place so I had to skip it.

It was too linear, with nothing much to do or think about. The bonus game just revisited the same scenes from the main game.

The only saving grace were the HOPs which were very nicely done.

Very disappointed in this game, not only the brevity of it but the game itself which had little entertainment value.

I expect better from BFGs, and when I buy games I hope to be entertained and at least have more than 45 minutes at that.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 19, 17 6:40 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Midnight Calling: Valeria Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jan 19, 17 7:02 AM
I quite like this game, good music, graphics and atmosphere. Appropriate voice overs. Not a hair pulling game that is so hard you have to use the hint button to figure out what the next move is. I have a enough of that in real life with no hint button to help me. Looking for shards is ok if I get to go back and find them later. That would be a big plus if all the developers would allow us to do this at the end of the games. Only played part of the demo as I wanted to purchase and play so I'm off to catch up with Tim and either fix him or eliminate him?? Cold this morning aren't I.

I have the rest of this series so I'll give this one four stars and tell them, carry on and I'll keep buying.

scpotamus
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by scpotamus on Jan 19, 17 12:56 PM
I have to admit, I played very little of this demo...and I usually play all of a demo. I found it facile and obvious. I usually like Elephant Games, but this seemed rushed and as if the developers were either bored or just pushing out a game to keep up a schedule. I hope this is just a one time quirk and not a preview of things to come. I find it strange that this was a Big Fish Editors choice. This might be great for beginner players or children, but not for me. Elephant Games is always one to give a try, and you might find this exactly your cup of tea. Just not for me.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 19, 17 2:32 PM
I bought the game - for me, finished in record time. very short, very easy. graphics were good - very clear, v/o's were good, some scenes, particularly the HO scenes, were somewhat dark & items were quite hard to find. definitely was lacking - didn't seem to be a whole heck of a lot of "extras" to warrant being a CE game.

don't think it was worth the CE price, and certainly not a game that I will replay. SIGH. Disappointed in this game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 19, 17 3:05 PM
Hi all! As always, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others. This is #3 in this series and by far the best. Graphics are quit good, even though the characters look a bit cartoon-like up close. Features are just a bit too chiseled. Colors are really nice, even with a little purples here and there. For the most part, very clear and nice. I really loved the voices in this one...quite well done, with emotion and not just someone reading lines. Sound FX are throughout the game, so between that and the soothing music, there is no dead air time. Game play was exceptional, of course, with no problems during the very short demo. We do have a little helper bird who only makes noise when he needs to be used. He whistles, which gets quite annoying. Otherwise, he is very quiet. We also have a bit of time travel, which is always fun.

HOPs are a very nice combination of silhouettes, interactive and straight lists and finding pairs. I did not see that you could switch to something else. The scenes are clean and uncluttered and items are not difficult to find. I did find that the puzzles were very simple, and not a lot of them. There seems to be more action and doing, rather than puzzles. Help system is helpful and it does transport to longer locations. There is a jump map that indicates where a collectible may have been missed.

Collectibles are many and very well done, which makes this one CE worthy in my book. We have to find 32 glass shards that can be anywhere. These really aren't difficult to find. We also have the 12 Zodiac signs to find as well. Not sure what this does yet, but I will find out. Naturally, we have morphing objects. These morph fairly quickly and some can be a bit small, so be on the lookout for them.

This game is not really challenging, but I found that I was disappointed when the demo ended so abruptly. The story is nothing new, but it was interesting and kept you moving. There is just something about it that makes me want to keep playing. Do I think it is worth 5 stars...no, but I don't give them easily either. This game is well done, interesting, very nice collectibles and flows extremely well. I think all levels of players will find this one worth getting, for one reason or another. Yes, I am adding this one to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the review.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Jan 22, 17 4:21 PM
Nice graphics, but the game is terribly simple and monotonous. Basically all you do is find lock pieces and put lock pieces in their obvious places. Absolutely NO BUY!

Go to: