bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Captain Space Bunny technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 5, 10 2:46 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 9:01:40 AM PST

geezerhundmom
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

Re:Post any Captain Space Bunny technical issues here only

[Post New]by geezerhundmom on Apr 5, 10 3:05 AM
Game won't play for me. Downloaded fine and appears in my BF game manager but will not open.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 5, 10 3:17 AM
I am sorry to hear you are having problems- and especially if you like TM games the only thing I can recommend is contacting Customer Service. I know it might be an inconvinence, but try to unistall and reinstall again. That has helped me before, Good Luck, TMann

[Post New]by tonjaarmstrong on Apr 5, 10 8:02 AM
When try to open the game the game screen is to large and I can only see about 1/4 of the game screen. I tried to min the game but it was of no help. Can someone please tell me how to get the screen to actually fit my screen so that I can try this game. I am a TM junkie and the fact I cannot play this new game is driving my nuts. I have windows 7 maybe that is the problem. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 5, 10 8:22 AM
When exiting the game from Zone 2.1, I experienced a repeatable crash that said "The instruction at "0x7c91b21a" referenced in memory at "0x00000010". The memory could not be written". This only happens when playing the game in "Full Screen" mode. Also "Full Screen" mode messes up the Windows Taskbar for Windows XP.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 8:23:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Spotiesia7 on Apr 5, 10 1:05 PM
After the very 1st level, the game was just a black screen, I could move the mouse so it wasn't frozen (luckily), there wasn't a pop-up or error code saying the game crashed, I've even checked the the system requirements for this game, it should work fine on my computer

The game was a little laggy, but that was only for the title screen and story lines

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 5, 10 1:49 PM
Hey Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about the technical troubles being reported. For those of you with screen display errors, have you double checked that your screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 (or higher)? It may also help to double check that you're running the most recent versions of DirectX and your Display Drivers.

The following help article has more information on finding these updates if you don't already have them:

Unable to Play Downloadable Game

If you're still having trouble and need a bit more assistance, I would definitely suggest contacting tech support so they can either troubleshoot and get the game working or begin looking for bug trends.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 5, 10 2:07 PM
bfgZambezi wrote: have you double checked that your screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 (or higher)? It may also help to double check that you're running the most recent versions of DirectX and your Display Drivers.
-bfgZambezi

My screen resolution is set to 1024 x 768 and I'm using the latest Direct X and video display drivers. So it looks like a buggy game.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 5, 10 3:32 PM
I did try running the game in a resolution higher than 1024 x 768 and it fixed both problems.

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Apr 6, 10 11:02 PM
I'm having a problem with the third tutorial level. When I'm supposed to sell the first house, the buttons appear to sell it, but as soon as I move the mouse over to them they disappear. So there's no way for me to finish the level.

[Post New]by tonjaarmstrong on Apr 8, 10 8:05 AM
My screen resolution is set at 1920 by 1080 and I have the latest Direct X version. Tech told me to start the game and then hit the button on my monitor that says auto adjust but it still did not fix the issue. I am so frustrated.....I am thinking maybe it has to do with my Windows 7 version.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Space Bunny Game Freeze - not Win 7 or XP O/S issue

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Jul 21, 11 11:32 AM
I've read plenty of posts about game freeze w/Captain Space Bunny. Some are Vista, some Win 7. I tried it on an XP SP 3 sys, adjusted resolution, updated direct x, nothing works. It locks up at the end of every other level, alt/ctrl/del is the only remedy. I've restarted and gone back into the same level with the same results. It's a fun game, too bad it is so glitchy.

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Cpt Space Bunny - Trial ended and I was still trying to get it to work

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Jul 21, 11 11:36 AM
Game locked up so much, trial ended before I could finish any type of decent troubleshooting. To buy or not to buy.... hmmmm. I'm going to search for the developer site. Seems that users advised of these problems over a year ago, why hasn't the game .exe been updated on the BF download?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Jul 21, 11 1:47 PM
Hi Av8Trx

If you haven't already, I'd definitely encourage you to contact Tech Support, and one of our reps would be happy to take a closer look at this for you. (you can click on the link for more info)

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Av8Trx
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

Solution to game Locking Up

[Post New]by Av8Trx on Jul 22, 11 10:41 AM
It occurred to me that the game would lock up after I completed a level, then played the next one. The solution I found is to Exit the game after you complete a level, then restart the game. It will take you to the next level and save your progress. I've been able to play just about the whole way through using this method. A little tedious, but it does work. This is causing me to question my antivirus/auto-protect. It seems the game can't, "autosave," your progress. In other words, it modifies or replaces your progress file. When you exit the game, it pushes this process along without interference. I'm going to set my autoprotect to accept the following: C:\Program Files\Captain Space Bunny\Captain Space Bunny.exe and see how that goes.

[Post New]by mermaidkitty on Jul 22, 11 3:01 PM
I seem to be stuck on level 6.3. I don't think it's the last level because I haven't finished my mission. I will complete the level and then game just locks up and freezes. I did not have this problem with any other levels of the game.

I've tried deleting the game from my computer and then redownloading it several times but it has not corrected my issue.

I don't have any other problems (currently) with any other of my BF Games.

Go to: