bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Captain Space Bunny

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 5, 10 2:47 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Captain Space Bunny? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 9:04:53 AM PST

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Captain Space Bunny

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Apr 5, 10 7:35 AM
I really, really like this game. It offers enough twists to stand out from the crowd of building simulations, in the beginning it is nice and easy, while it becomes more challenging later on.

The setting of bunnies in space was a kind of letdown when I looked at the screens, because normally I'm not too fond of cute scenarios, but you, or better to say I, tended to forget that I was controlling bunnies on foreign planets while gaming.

The basic gameplay of course does not stray away too far from your average building simulation. Constructing residential and other kinds of buildings, upgrading, repairing and painting them, increasing the happiness of your town is nothing new. But there are a lot of additional tasks you have to fulfill, such as helping citizens who can't find their homes, or who need fruits is only one example.

Some buildings produce certain products which are part of your goals, too, such as the museum that produces gift baskets.

My major complaint of the game is the language. I think the developers are the same as those who developed Aquapolis, and there the language was a major issue, too. I don't understand why they couldn't be more careful with that this time. In some levels it seems that there was no proof-reading at all, which really lowers the fun quite a bit.

But all in all the game is definitely a must-have for me,
I give it 3.5 of 5

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 5, 10 4:14 PM
I thought this was a cute game. It has a good tutorial section for those of us who don't play TM games very often. I caught on to what was needed to get through a level without too much trouble. I can't get too excited about buying real estate or building a mall, but give me a TM with a fantasy, magic, or space theme and I'll at least give it a shot.

Now for what I don't like about it and why I probably won't buy it.

Could at least one of the game developers hire someone to proof read just the text? I saw so many errors in the 20-30 minutes that I played that I just quit reading the text. When I see that many errors in a book, I throw it out. OK, yes, I'm very picky about writing. I just think that if you're going to put that much time into developing a game, you should at least spend a little time proofing the text. Even if English isn't the native language of the developers, they can hire someone to proof read the text and get rid of the errors.

The second thing that I really didn't like is that you buy bunnies. Now buying bunnies or whatever the character is might be common in TM games - I don't know. I haven't played enough of them to tell. But I have this problem about buying the people the game is about. I think that "hire" would be an acceptable substitute. I just don't like the word "buy" used this way. And this may come from the fact that I'm reading a book about slavery and the fight to stop it.

So, although this has some cute features, I'll give this one a pass. Unless, of course, the developers would like to correct all the grammatical errors. If they do, let me know and I'll give it another try.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 5, 10 7:25 PM
Katy,

Proofread is one word, not two...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Apr 5, 10 9:23 PM
Have to agree with Katy's very well written critique.

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 6, 10 3:52 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:Katy,

Proofread is one word, not two...

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

LOL!! Which is why God invented spell checkers!! (or is it spellchecker???)

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Apr 6, 10 4:27 AM
Actually, it's proof-read

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Apr 6, 10 6:04 AM
Hey D! Proofread is actually the correct spelling, although proof-read is considered acceptable as well... Btw..I hope you have your ranch ready before the end of April

Don

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Apr 6, 10 6:06 AM
Saturn1985 wrote:Actually, it's proof-read

Actually - that's not the correct usage of actually (for all you nitpickers that should find better ways of using their time than abusing people who take the trouble to produce a reasonable length review; criticise the game, not the critics)

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Apr 6, 10 6:46 AM
I played this game to level 4.1 on another website yesterday and did not encounter any problems with the text or translation. They must be using a newer version on u-Lose.

Saturn1985
Minnow
Minnow
286 Posts

[Post New]by Saturn1985 on Apr 6, 10 7:18 AM
mountfalcon wrote:
Saturn1985 wrote:Actually, it's proof-read

Actually - that's not the correct usage of actually (for all you nitpickers that should find better ways of using their time than abusing people who take the trouble to produce a reasonable length review; criticise the game, not the critics)

Are you serious? That was a joke, and even the person at which the joke was directed got it.

At Donny: I wasnt even sure if it was right, it's just how it is spelled in my dictionary, which is definitely not a good one

LanaPook
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by LanaPook on Apr 6, 10 8:20 AM
Hi Big Fish,

I am pretty happy with space bunnies. I am sick of HOGs every day and LOVE time management. Don't know why people complain because almost every game is HOG!!!

Susanne

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 6, 10 11:24 AM
I always come to a forum for a new game and appreciate honest comments.Howsomever(you grammatarians should love that) I split my sides at your "in-fighting" Whatever, you kids stop fighting. You have made this old man"s day! HAPPY GAMING.

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:40:34 AM PST

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 7, 10 5:00 AM
My very short review after played the demo.

Graphics: cute,colorful.
Gameplay: easy but enjoyable.
Music: repetative, but you can turn it off in the main menu.
Screen resolution:Can't set custom screen resolution.

My final decision:4/5

[Post New]by mandalamama on Apr 8, 10 11:05 AM
how many levels are there? my kidlet will be able to play this one! i'm okay with the language, i'm fluent in Typonese

[Post New]by dowilliams on Apr 8, 10 12:57 PM
There are 38 levels spread out through 8 planets. Each planet gives the Captain a clue on which planet to travel to next. Enjoy your Space Travels

dlkelly01
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dlkelly01 on Apr 15, 10 6:03 PM
I really enjoyed the game. Good graphics, and was worth the money...

[Post New]by Time2Unwind on Apr 25, 10 6:26 PM
Very Fun Game! Easy graphics and lots of worlds to play through. Kinda like My Kingdom For The Princess in that there are worlds and goals to work your way through. I enjoyed this game a lot. Great positive game that's fun and doesn't take itself too seriously and not boring. Where's the 2nd Version?

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Dec 11, 10 11:55 PM
I just finished playing the hour demo, and I like it. This is a building game, with gameplay very much like Royal Envoy, World of Zellians, and Wonderburg. (Although one nice different feature is that you can swap the locations of any 2 buildings.)

Since I own and played to death this year those 3 other games I mentioned, I didn't have any difficulty, so far, figuring out what the instructions and other slightly mangled English text meant - which for me is the main thing. (I'm fine with the budget for game production going to the artists and computer game geeks first...)

I'm glad to see another game of this type. And I so far didn't have any freezing or crashing or other tech issues with it - which I did suffer thru *a lot* with Royal Envoy.

Edited on 12/12/2010 at 12:09:52 AM PST

Help!

[Post New]by pennycat315 on Feb 20, 13 1:21 PM
I thoroughly enjoy this game but am stuck on Zone 6.2, Iznott. It calls for collecting 8 "Durans" and I have no idea what they are. I've looked at help in the game but no clue as to what these things are.

Would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me!
Thanks!

Go to: