bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 21, 17 6:29 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 21, 17 9:47 AM
When I click the Extras menu link, all I see is a black screen. Unable to exit out of the screen or the game except by Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I am running Windows 10.

Update: I checked Windows update and my computer is up to date. Also my DPI settings were already at 100%. So the suggestions from BFG on their Windows 10 page have not addressed the issue with the Extras menu.

This seems to be a bug that needs to be addressed by the developer.

Edited on 01/23/2017 at 9:06:09 AM PST

m42153
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by m42153 on Jan 21, 17 11:05 AM
So I am playing on windows 10 - finished the first game and am now stuck in the beginning of the extra game. Picked up 2 gloves but only 1 is visible and I am unable to go forward in the game play

[Post New]by robinracing on Jan 21, 17 2:59 PM
I got half way through the game; after putting the paper down with the graphite on the directional it will not let me take the piece of paper with to it is stuck there. So I can't take it to the safe to use and now I'm stuck?? I uninstalled and reinstalled and the paper is still stuck on there.??

[Post New]by klivan on Jan 21, 17 4:38 PM
Does anyone know why I have black bars on the top and bottom of my screen, I am running Win7 Home 32-bit. Is there anyway to fix it? I would appreciate any help since there are more and more games that do not fit my screen. The highest screen resolution for my computer is 1024 x 768 and I have fixed the graphic properties to full screen but still get the black bars. Thanks

Edited on 01/21/2017 at 4:40:42 PM PST

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Jan 22, 17 11:52 AM
I'm running Windows 10 on a laptop & I am also getting a black page when I try to go to the Extras, like all the people on the other thread mentioned.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 22, 17 12:32 PM
Black screen as well for me when trying to pull up the Extras. Win 7 Pro 64.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jan 22, 17 2:34 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

Anybody notice that there are now DAILY SALES! Since when has BFG had a sale every single day? Never! Me thinks BFG is losing members left and right because there is something wrong with every single Hidden Object game they release!

Everyday I check the latest Collectors Edition for tech issues and find pages upon pages of them. I then check the Standard Edition when it's released to see if the game was fixed. Guess what! ALL the same tech issues are still there! Until they're deleted, of course.

I keep checking because I canceled my membership until all these issues are taken care of at which time I'll re-join.

Edited on 01/24/2017 at 3:51:55 PM PST

[Post New]by EbonyMoon on Jan 23, 17 9:57 AM
Got to the place to make the flower plate. put the living flower melted silver poison and ruby dust. poured the sliver into the plate turned the little red handle and now I can not do anything at all tried to add the flower said to try something else tried the poison same thing ruby dust same thing try moving the handle nothing.
This is the third game in two days that has not worked right. Not a happy person.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 23, 17 11:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing in this particular thread. I'm sorry to hear that players are seeing technical issues when trying to play this game.

For players that are on the Windows 10 operating system, please refer to the following help article for troubleshooting steps:

Windows 10

If you find that the issues still persist, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to further assist. I've also gone ahead and passed along the contents of this thread to the teams for investigation. If any information is brought to our attention, we will update the forums.

For players that are experiencing freezing issues or unable to proceed, please refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If the technical issues are still being experienced after trying the recommended troubleshooting steps, the Technical Support Team is always happy to help.

For clarification, the Moderation Team doesn't edit posts without making users aware. We are bound to let users know of any edits made to their posts if they do not adhere to the Forum Rules. For the thread that was mentioned here, we do ask that players keep their technical posts in this designated technical issues thread. This will help centralize these posts for us to identify trends to alert to the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Jan 23, 17 12:23 PM
When I started to play the demo, I clicked on the 'Extras' & got a black screen although I could move the game's cursor. I could hear noises as I moved the cursor around & clicked the mouse. I had to do the 3 finger command & get the Task Manager up to exit the game.

I re-entered the game & this time I played the actual game with no problems. After returning to the main menu, I again clicked on the 'Extras' & again had a black screen which required Ctrl + Alt + Delete to leave & close the game.

If the Devs didn't want us to look at the Extras, why didn't they put a padlock over the link like other devs have? Has anyone bought this game & tried to open the 'Extras'?

My pc is running Win 10

Kam

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 23, 17 1:35 PM
Hi Kamana_29,

Thank you for posting what is occurring within your game and what troubleshooting steps you have taken. I've indeed alerted the appropriate teams of this issue that players are experiencing. Our games are tested before they are released to the public. With the different permutations of computers on the market today, we are aware that issues may appear. It is recommended to reach out to our Technical Support Team as they have the appropriate tools to provide more information to the appropriate teams for investigation.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by swim2sea on Jan 23, 17 2:00 PM
Got to the place to make the flower plate. put the living flower melted silver poison and ruby dust. poured the sliver into the plate turned the little red handle and now I can not do anything at all tried to add the flower said to try something else tried the poison same thing ruby dust same thing try moving the handle nothing.

Why is Big Fish ignoring us?

[Post New]by breesmom on Jan 23, 17 4:04 PM
I am having the same issue! it is frustrating, but at least I know I am not a moron and just can't get the part working. I guess we just have to keep checking back to see if an answer has been given?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 24, 17 5:28 PM
Hello breesmom and swim2sea,

It sounds like there is some trouble with a particular puzzle in the game not working as expected. We absolutely want players to be able to complete their games, and if it seems like there is a technical issue due to following the strategy guide's suggestions and the puzzle not working as stated, then I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting which may be able to assist, as well as how to reach our Support Team for more assistance.

In this case, if following the strategy guide has not assisted with this puzzle due to it not working as intended, then please do not hesitate to contact our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Also, I wanted to quickly remind players to do their best to follow the Forum Rules while posting, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

Do not discuss moderator disciplinary actions. Moderators will not discuss actions and ask that you do not either. Posts that contain this information will be removed and may incur further disciplinary action.

Make sure your posts are constructive and add to the conversation on the forums. Posting just to "level up" or "bump" discussions is considered SPAM. Posts that are not game related will be removed.

By following the Forum Rules, we can all help create an easily accessible and comfortable environment for all people who use them, as well as help make it easier for moderators and the right teams to help players with reported issues. Thank you for understanding.

And, most of all, thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Petsitterkathy
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by Petsitterkathy on Jan 28, 17 2:17 PM
I was playing bonus game, left for a while after shutting it off. Came back and now all I get is the blank screen with game cursor as well.

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Jan 29, 17 4:41 PM
I am also experiencing a blank screen in the bonus game. I am using Windows 7. A couple days have gone by and no fix appears to be ready. Please update us as to when the problem will be resolved. I don't think we should need to go through all the steps you outlined to try to fix the problem. The game should be problem free or perhaps we should get a free collector's edition as an exchange for it. Thanks for your prompt attention to this matter.

[Post New]by treatybreaker21 on Jan 30, 17 1:47 PM
So I just started the game and thinking ok, this is a good game, then I got over the bridge and all hell broke loose! First I couldn't figure out where to go and when I used the hint, well, the game didn't know where to take me. So I finally get thru a few of the puzzles and then its time to go under the bridge. Each time I tried, the screen would go blank and I'd be where I was. Still on top of the bridge, not under it. Couldn't go anywhere, couldn't do anything. Please help!

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Feb 3, 17 6:35 PM
Glad to see one problem solved that was in the Beta version: The CE game now opens on my main monitor instead of on my secondary one.

But I, too, had the black screen appear after I'd finished the demo and clicked on the Extras. Had to Alt+Tab to minimize the game, then right click to close it. Running Windows 10 with automatic updates.

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 4, 17 9:51 AM
Having had the Extras black screen issue awhile ago, I really wanted to play this so downloaded and tried again. I see they STILL have not fixed this.

Don't bother contacting CS. I did that and was told - gee, we're sorry to hear that.

That was not a good answer.

I've been a big fish member since 2008 and am starting to think it is time to look elsewhere. Any suggestions? Please PM me.

Go to: