Error 809

[Post New]by LaurenJanel1995 on Jan 21, 17 6:45 PM
I bought this game today, downloaded and installed it. But it won't allow me to play it. Error 809 keeps popping up. It is saying that there is another game in play and it cannot open two games at once, but there isn't anything else open on my laptop. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, and I have restarted my computer. What do I do?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Error 809

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 22, 17 1:18 PM
Hello LaurenJanel1995,

Before I start, welcome to the forums, and I apologize that there is an error 809 code coming up when trying to play this game. We definitely want you to be able to enjoy your purchased game, and I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting that may help as well as how to receive additional support should it be necessary.

In this case, what I recommend is to see if the steps on the following page are able to help clear up that 809 error code:

Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

Since this seems to be discussing a technical issue found while trying to play this game, I am going to go ahead and lock this thread and request that any future technical issues for this particular game be posted as a reply to the following recreated technical issues thread: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island here.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other forum moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: