Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 22, 17 1:48 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Haunted Hotel: The Thirteenth here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 22, 17 9:34 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

pumpy128
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by pumpy128 on Jan 29, 17 9:26 AM
Windows 7. The game hung up in a few places. I had to close and open it again. Didn't lose anything, I went to the place I left.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 30, 17 11:41 AM
Hi pumpy128,

I'm sorry to hear that this particular game tends to freeze in a particular section. It is highly recommended to refer to the following help articles as they contain troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If issues continue to appear, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

lsr103
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lsr103 on May 17, 17 12:35 AM
Afternoon! I'm having the same crashing problem as several other people within 3 minutes of beginning this game. All I'd like to know, once and for all, is whether it is worth my while continuing attempting to debug this problem. After 3 re-installations I'm having serious doubts! Could someone please just give me a yes or no answer and - if yes - where I can download any necessary remedial software.

Many thanks!

[Post New]by jenjarrett on Jul 23, 17 2:58 PM
I just can't get it running. I keep getting the error message:
Access violation at 0x004C1BCD (tried to read from 0x000000)
I tried updating DirectX, but it didn't help. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game, also didn't help.
I'm using Windows 10.

Edited on 07/23/2017 at 2:59:12 PM PST

[Post New]by salama on Jul 24, 17 10:08 PM
I have just the same problem as jenjarret! What to do, can someone help, please!

sazoria
Clownfish
Clownfish
649 Posts

[Post New]by sazoria on Jul 25, 17 9:13 AM
Possible fix. Maybe worth a try for those with error code
Don't know if this will work for 'access violation' but this works for people who cannot open a game whilst using windows 10, and also for some error codes.

gail854 wrote:
I found this by accident on The Forgotten Fairytales forum but it worked for me. Change your screen resolution to something smaller, like 1680x1050, open the game and close it. Change the resolution back to original and open the game again. It worked for me on both games as neither would open but do now. Hope it helps.

-Remember that you can change the resolution back to your normal setting, and play the game in it, once you have opened and closed it in the lower one.

Good luck.

Edited on 07/25/2017 at 9:14:58 AM PST

[Post New]by jenjarrett on Jul 25, 17 11:01 AM
Dear sazoria,

thank you very much! It did work for me

Go to: