bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 22, 17 1:14 PM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

Edited on 01/22/2017 at 1:15:14 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island here.

[Post New]by LaurenJanel1995 on Jan 23, 17 7:43 AM
I bought this game on Saturday, January 21, 2017. I downloaded and installed it, but it will not allow me to play. It keeps saying error 809, and that I already have a game in progress when I do not. I have deleted it and reinstalled it, that did not work. I restarted my computer, that did not work. I have already emailed tech support and have not heard from them. I followed the rules on your help forum, and nothing. Please help.

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Nancy Drew - Danger on Deception Island here.

[Post New]by heleanthia on Jan 23, 17 8:01 AM
LaurenJanel1995 wrote:I bought this game on Saturday, January 21, 2017. I downloaded and installed it, but it will not allow me to play. It keeps saying error 809, and that I already have a game in progress when I do not. I have deleted it and reinstalled it, that did not work. I restarted my computer, that did not work. I have already emailed tech support and have not heard from them. I followed the rules on your help forum, and nothing. Please help.

I am no expert but have found sometimes the bigfish manager is running even if you think it has closed.
Did you check in your task master?

[Post New]by LaurenJanel1995 on Jan 23, 17 8:12 AM
I have :/ I'm just frustrated because I bought this game, and now it isn't working.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 23, 17 11:33 AM
Hi LaurenJanel1995,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an 809 error message when trying to play this game. Thank you heleanthia for taking the time to post your suggestion in this thread. It is also recommended to refer to the following help article as it is specific to this error message:

Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774

If you continue to experience issues trying to play this game, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by LaurenJanel1995 on Jan 24, 17 8:39 AM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hi LaurenJanel1995,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an 809 error message when trying to play this game. Thank you heleanthia for taking the time to post your suggestion in this thread. It is also recommended to refer to the following help article as it is specific to this error message:

<a href="https://www.bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=202">Errors 809, 813, 773, and 774 </a>

If you continue to experience issues trying to play this game, please reach out to our <a href="https://www.bigfishgames.com/help/?rn=ask">Technical Support Team</a>. The support team has the appropriate tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Yes I did this days ago and the support team has yet to respond.

Go to: