bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Beholder

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 23, 17 12:29 AM
Seize control of your destiny in a grim dystopian world! As the manager of a government-run apartment building, you must keep your residents comfortable and well-fed while fulfilling the directives of your superiors. Featuring beautifully bleak visuals and rich strategic gameplay, Beholder will hold you in its grip until you have mastered its many challenges!

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

Re:Beholder

[Post New]by M_LADY on Jan 23, 17 12:25 PM
This game is totally different from any game I have ever played. Set in an Orwellian Dystopia in the year 1984, you play as Carl, and agent of the government. Carl is given the task of being the onsite Big Brother and watching all of the aspects of the tenants of the apartment building he manages. The color palette of this game is appropriately bleak using black and shades of brown and gray. The characters speak, but their voices sound more like mouse squeaks and the dialogue must be read.

The controls are fairly simple and the player can use either the mouse or keyboard with the option to set which keys are to be used in the "options" menu. If played in the easier mode, there is a very good tutorial available which, once in the game, is accessed by the phone in Carl's office.

There are many tasks to perform, most of which are fairly simple, and they are assigned rapidly. Since I was trying to do as much as possible in the hour trial, I played as quickly as I could and still had several more to complete at the end of the demo. This seems as though it will be a long game.

This is probably not a game for me, but if you're looking for something different you should give it a try. Just be aware that at the start of the game there is what, if it were on TV, would probably be called "cartoon violence". It could be upsetting for some.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Jan 23, 17 1:22 PM
Hi M_LADY,

Thank you for posting your feedback on this particular game. It is greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind that player are encouraged to also post their reviews in the following designated thread:

Please post your REVIEWS for Beholder here.

By posting in the above thread other players will be able to easily locate feedback of other players.

Happy gaming!

bfgBellerophon

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

[Post New]by M_LADY on Jan 23, 17 2:17 PM
Thank you, Bellerophon. I have copied my post in the review thread.

Go to: