snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

Hideaway Bay: New event city

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Jan 23, 17 12:16 PM
A nice surprise on GD was to discover a new event city for 14 days. It is called Hideaway Bay in the Caribbean. I don't know if it is a real place, but we'll welcome here in Vermont where we expect another 6 centimeters of snow tonight.
Thanks Gummy Drop team.

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

Re:Hideaway Bay: New event city

[Post New]by marie1931 on Jan 24, 17 12:10 AM
I discovered the event city this morning. Nice place to go when it's cold outside...

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 24, 17 4:35 AM
I've got it too, but I confused as to how. I only play Gummy Drop when I have the tablet in 'Flight Mode' because I don't want to lose progress again. How can this location have been added when I don't have network connection?
I did have to open up my WiFi connection to download the city content, but the announcement of it did appear without network access.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 17 6:45 AM
Perhaps they included the event and the dates for it to show in the last update you got?

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 24, 17 7:24 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Perhaps they included the event and the dates for it to show in the last update you got?

That's about the only way it makes any sense.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jan 24, 17 5:21 PM
Looks like you can't ship to Hideaway.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Jan 24, 17 7:47 PM
No, you can't ship and if, at the end of it you have resources left then they are useless. I have to admit I have not been impressed with any of the event cities - found them to be a waste of time and the latest one seems to constantly require extra moves which I refuse to buy in event cities. Making resolution to self - do not waste time trying these in the future!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Jan 25, 17 12:04 AM
If I've had sufficient resources left, I'll convert them to gems just before the time to play these special levels expires. I never buy in event cities either. If I can't complete it without doing so I will just leave it. I haven't had any problems so far in any of the event cities.

Go to: