my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Possibly THE most enjoyable game so far!

[Post New]by my3swps on Apr 5, 10 9:31 AM
Thanks to the reviews on this forum, I decided to buy this game (no option to trial it first.) Don't know when I've been more pleasantly surprised with a game.
First on my list of reasons might be the humor interspersed throughout. (How often do we get to actually laugh when playing?)
The graphics were crisp, smooth and interesting, and the sound and vocals were first rate.
The story line was complete and logical--not a lot of loose ends or "what the hey's." The characters were well developed and relevant (SO appreciate these!)
*SPOILER* While the game froze at a certain point in Act 6 (x 3) [picking up the note in the Gardener's room], I was able to remedy it by picking up at the last saved spot, playing through to just before the point of freeze up, then saving the game. I also added an unnecessary action for Poirot, not mentioned in the walkthrough; I had him go up to the hotel tower and look around before returning to inspect the Gardener's room. For whatever reason, the game proceeded smoothly after those 2 things.
THANKS BFG and forum fishies! I REALLY value your game reviews!

my3swps
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Possibly THE most enjoyable game so far!

[Post New]by my3swps on Apr 5, 10 9:41 AM
Oh yeah, I meant to address another poster's comment about the "boring" dialogue. For me, it was entirely appropriate. Poirot's mannerisms are conveyed and enjoyed in his voice/dialogue in this game. The dialogue is a huge part of this game, so be advised. It's a mystery adventure, and the player needs to pay attention to the spoken details. (I believe all spoken dialogue is also written at the bottom of the screen.)

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 21, 10 8:07 AM
I am really enjoying this game, even with all the dialogue. I find it necessary in order to know my next move and the characters. I wish it had a map so it would decrease the running around, but other than that I am so into this game. I am trying to guess "whodunnit", but I'm sure I will be wrong, I plan on playing all the agatha christy games as I love large file and I love mysteries. "Then there were none" was a fun game to me and I hated when it was finished.

I'm off to solve this mystery!

colieleigh
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by colieleigh on Jun 13, 10 12:27 PM
I am LOVING this game. Purchased "and then there were none" for the wii and really liked it... thought Id try some here. I love that I am able to work through the kinks myself and not constantly look for a walkthrough to help me. Poirot is totally charming and makes me smile I also really love the music through some parts.. the "sherlock holmes" type detective music is nice.
I am a bit annoyed that the game sticks at times and I have had to start from my last save (which was a ways back in the game.
Also wondering if Poirot will ever go down the ladder he so decidedly refuses to descend?

Will post a full review when I finish the game. Definately glad I purchased this one.

Go to: