heidid
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

Achievements?

[Post New]by heidid on Apr 5, 10 11:14 AM
Has anyone gotten all the achievements yet? I only found one on my first time through. I'm on my second round now, and have only earned five so far.

I have had a few conversations that sound like they could lead to quests (the woman who says "I need a messenger" or something similar) but nothing was triggered.

Minor spoilers (highlight to read):

1 - Not sure (outline looks like a wallet). Maybe something to do w/ miser?
2 - Cheese savior (speak w/ Jean-Paul in town before Paris)
3 - Helped the orphans (speak w/ priest in Paris outside the church)
4 - Fencing Brothers (defeat 3 men in town west of St. Cloud)
5 - Forbidden love (speak w/ Phillippe outside a house in the north part of Paris)

7 - Find puppy (woman in St. Cloud)
9 - Outline of a tennis racquet - must need to win the tennis game (haven't managed this yet, though I've gotten a score of 2-3)
10 I have no idea, Outline of the fleur-de-lis.

Possibles: There is the woman (baker, I think) who wants a messenger, then there is the writer (moustache book) and the man in Paris w/ problems due to his moustache.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 11:39:21 AM PST

hendicky
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Achievements?

[Post New]by hendicky on Apr 5, 10 3:14 PM
I am on my second time around on this fun game, and have 11 achievements,more by luck than skill didI find them. I dont think I will ever get them all,cos one of them is the tennis and I am rubbish at that!

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 6, 10 10:39 AM
So far in the game I've just wandered around looting and killing rogues. I feel like it's time to start some quests, etc. I wish I could save the game and try different things, but that isn't the case.

So I've got two questions.

Is it better to spend my ill-gotten shekels on a better sword first or a better horse?

Should I try to apply to join the Musketeers or hold off on that? I'm guessing there will be fun complications anyway as the letter of introduction was stolen.

Gemini11
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Gemini11 on Apr 9, 10 11:29 AM
A sword is more important than a horse. You only need a horse to get to England. And then you get a better one. ;-))

Some Achievements are out of Paris in other cities (one in Meung in the south were you met that strange men from Meung). And you have to talk to two guards (one "lazy guard" in the north and a guard with a specific name in the West) to get two achievements.

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 10, 10 10:54 PM
Awesome! Thanks much Gemini!

[Post New]by EvaPatry on Apr 14, 10 7:43 AM
I've found a web with a complete guide of the whole game (not only half). That's how I could complete all the achivements (main story and side quests). Well... I'm still trying the tennis court one because I'm awful playing tennis.

http://www.gamezebo.com/download-games/three-musketeers-game/walkthrough

Slite
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by Slite on Apr 19, 10 9:03 PM
Great info EvaPatry! I'll see how much I can get without the walkthrough and then check it for any I've missed.

Thanks for the help!

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Apr 27, 10 2:50 PM
I just got all the achievements, totally without the walkthrough! *happy dance* After, I looked at the walkthrough and it looks like those "possibles" are actually side quests for later in the game - or in this case, for the second part.

[Post New]by rlh_na on Jun 5, 10 10:29 PM
So how do you get to the second half of the bloody game? Is the version from here the first half only, & we have to go elsewhere for the rest of it?

Kaliarii
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by Kaliarii on Jun 8, 10 11:54 PM
rlh_na wrote:So how do you get to the second half of the bloody game? Is the version from here the first half only, & we have to go elsewhere for the rest of it?

You wait patiently for it to be released...

Sorry, had to throw that in. We're all waiting anxiously for the second half, as it's no secret that this is two parts of a once whole and unabridged game. I suspect the developers decided to split in half because no one was paying $20 for the whole game (and I wouldn't either, sight unseen... There's no way to demo that I could find on their site), but they wanted to recoup some of their loss. However, that being said, it's not really BF's fault. They don't hold out the games intentionally. The developer's probably beta-ing the 2nd part now to ensure there were no bugs caused by splitting.

PS: The "second half" isn't available anywhere that I've found (excluding the full game on dev's site, that is...), if you have, and it's a better price than here.... Go for it.

Go to: