Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 26, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/26/2017 at 8:30:49 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 26, 17 3:03 AM
it took a while to get it dl. Also took longer to start the game.
The hint button doesnt work the skip button does worj.
In strategy guide when you click on a picture it wont get up. you have to click it several time.
when this issues get fixed i might buy it bur how it is bow its a no buy for me

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Tales: The Hangman Returns Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 26, 17 6:37 AM
My skip button did not work at all no matter how long I waited. And there is also a missing solution for the "Easy" mini game with the mirror.

Playing Win7 64 bit.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 26, 17 7:24 AM
I also found the skip button didn't work. However I went back into the options for the custom mode I'd chosen; I had set the time to 30 seconds but hadn't checked the box to actually select the skip (or hint) option. They are both unchecked by default, at least in the custom mode. If you don't select them, neither the hint or skip buttons will work!

Hope this helps

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 26, 17 7:48 AM
angelfish106 wrote:I also found the skip button didn't work. However I went back into the options for the custom mode I'd chosen; I had set the time to 30 seconds but hadn't checked the box to actually select the skip (or hint) option. They are both unchecked by default, at least in the custom mode. If you don't select them, neither the hint or skip buttons will work!

Hope this helps

I also play in custom mode. I rechecked my settings and my hint and skip were checked by default. The hint button works fine, the skip button is dead in the water.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 26, 17 8:29 AM
Hello everyone!

I'm sorry to hear these issues are coming up in the game. When there are problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 26, 17 9:51 AM
i deleted the game and now after dowloading again my skip and hint button still are not working. There is nothing wrong with our computers and Felix help doesnt work. There is something wrong with the game

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jan 26, 17 11:50 AM
More tech problems. And more instructions telling the members to fix it themselves. Nothing new there.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 26, 17 1:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people are seeing some of the buttons in the game not working properly. Thank you angelfish106 for taking the time to post that advice and information here! If someone is seeing that the hint or skip buttons aren't functioning correctly the Forum Moderation Team recommends checking to make sure that they're enabled.

If this problem continues our help articles may also be able to assist. The Forum Moderation Team absolutely wants people to be able to enjoy their games without experiencing technical issues, however we're limited in the help that we can offer as the forums don't support the tools we'd need to do so. We encourage checking out our help articles instead as a quick way to run through some troubleshooting steps in order to work on getting that game running as quickly as possible.

I've gone ahead and included a couple help articles below that can be useful in this kind of situation, and suggest taking a look if you haven't already:

When a problem persists we then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps have access to the tools that are needed to provide in-depth, customized help, and they're more than happy to assist as best they can. Additionally, I'm going to pass the reports of this issue along to the appropriate teams.

Thank you all for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jan 26, 17 3:55 PM
After i purchased the game, the game wouldn't install. It get downloaded okay, but the install button stays on 0 % forever. After an hour without going past 0 % install, it quit and tried again with the same result.

[Post New]by LMSchwartz01 on Jan 27, 17 9:01 AM
I tried several times to download this game and it says I have already timed out on my trial game, but since it was supposed to be new yesterday and I never even got to open it, this is untrue.

[Post New]by dhahwah7 on Jan 28, 17 8:06 AM
The game is super laggy unless I uncheck the custom cursor (then it runs very smooth).

Edited on 01/28/2017 at 8:07:22 AM PST

[Post New]by sambadouro on Jan 31, 17 1:31 PM
Started the play the bonus chapter, watched the opening scene, she handed me the book and it disappeared. I have tried closing and reopening the game with no luck, Hint button just says, "Nothing to do here right now." Frustrating!

Well, at least I finished the main game without any issues. That's happiness!

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 2, 17 3:13 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that these problems have been coming up in the game. To work on resolving issues like these I suggest giving our help articles a try.

To help resolve issues installing a game, I encourage trying the steps in the following help articles:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Additionally, the following help article contains steps that can help when a trial is incorrectly timing out. Those steps can be found under the Why has the trial period expired? section:

Download a Trial Game

The help article I've included below can also be useful in a variety of different situations, including when an item isn't showing up or when the game isn't progressing correctly:

If anyone is seeing persisting technical problems the Forum Moderation Team then recommends reaching out to our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will definitely be happy to assist as much as they're able.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by katritow on Feb 3, 17 9:25 PM
I'm using Windows 10 Home.
I am unable to get into Morgan's office using the saw blade. I've tried to use the Hint button, but it makes a sound,yet it is not showing what to do next. I even used the study guide to make sure there aren't anymore steps needed to move on. I've helped the housekeeper already and done everything else that what should allow me to move on. Again, the study guide confirms that my next move is to use the saw blade. Help, I am stuck!

Edited on 02/03/2017 at 9:30:03 PM PST

[Post New]by FresnoCA on Feb 5, 17 1:50 PM
My cursed items do not morph. I had to return another game because they wouldn't morph. Please help me figure this out!

[Post New]by Barbaro2006 on Feb 7, 17 6:09 PM
saw blade will not open door help

[Post New]by kerith90angel on Feb 10, 17 5:57 PM
I'm using Windows 7 on a gaming PC.

CHAPTER 6 pg. 41. ENCOUNTERING A BUG/GLITCH and CAN'T CONTINUE

The tasks I just completed are: In area called "Shed" I played the mini-game on the left wall (on easy). Took the lantern & magnet, placed lantern. In "Crypt" I used magnet to get the lighter. I'm pretty sure I placed the cross. But no HOS came up (to get the urn).

What's weird is, all that's left in my inventory now is the purple rag. No lighter. The task map is not marking any area for task. And each of the areas available is giving me the same error message, "There isn't anything to do here right now."

Reboot did nothing. I will try next to remove and reinstall the game & will add to this post if it helps. But I am SO BUMMED I have to replay that whole way to get to the bonus chapter.

On the bright side.... The entire game I was trying to figure out if MT Her own eyes is better, or this title. This title is the winner. It is the best of ALL the Mystery Tales. The gorgeous graphics and perfectly chilling, and interesting storyline had me dying for more. So I'll give it a couple months and happily replay it again. This game is A++++++ across the board. It is one of the best games I've ever played.

If someone has the answer, & if someone can help me finish from here on out without replay, it would be SO appreciated!!

Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Feb 19, 17 7:32 AM
If anyone is still having a problem with using the saw on the door, I had the same problem, so I started the game over under a new profile. I found that you need to use the saw on the door after you give the maid the detox, but BEFORE you put the bow tie on the statue.

Kyothecat
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Kyothecat on Feb 25, 17 5:45 PM
I'm trying the free version first. Don't want to buy it so far. The very FIRST search and find (sparkles) doesn't work. I'm doing the easy setting. There are two parts to this search and find. The first part worked fine. The second part gives me a bunch of grayed out pictures to find. I can't click on any of them, there is no hand to show I need to use something else with them. I use hint and it tells me there is nothing to do here. I go out of the search and find and hit hint and it wants me to go back to the search and find (sparkles). The walk through shows nothing like what I have on my screen. Go figure! This seems like a glitch in the game code to me. I will try downloading it again but this is something that needs to be fixed in the game. Thanks!

Go to: