Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/28/2017 at 6:46:57 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 28, 17 2:35 AM
I'm outside the theatre. The hint button is telling me to go to the stall with the orange/blue striped roof but the game won't let me. I missed the soldier's hat first time round and now I can't go back and get it. Looks as though I will have to start all over again with a new profile. Wonderful

Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 28, 17 6:46 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edit

[Post New]by kittiekat10 on Jan 28, 17 7:39 AM
I am stuck on the airship in the mini-game. I can't get through it. Didn't want to have to restart with a new profile, as this is almost the end..Super bummed. I have a PC. Windows 10.

Edited on 01/28/2017 at 7:40:33 AM PST

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Jan 28, 17 10:15 AM
I'm in chapter 6. I didn't get the cupboard handle from the mannequin's mouth so now I'm completely stuck. Can't do anything else. The hint button points to the head but the window that was there does not open anymore.
So both CEs this week have glitches for me (and on the other one I'm not the only one with that problem....). Last time I'll buy a game on the day it comes out.

Win 7 64 bit.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Editio

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 28, 17 3:05 PM
I'm on chapter 6 - almost done - running win 8.1 PC all-in-one - no glitches at all throughout the game (to this point).

Kapoho7
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by Kapoho7 on Jan 28, 17 4:31 PM
I am also stuck trying to steer the airship. The reset button nor the skip button work, and the arrow buttons don't even light up to use.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 28, 17 4:44 PM
Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that some issues are coming up in the game, and I wanted to stop by here with help. As the forums don't contain the tools needed to investigate problems, the Forum Moderation Team is limited in the support that we can offer. However, our help articles can be useful in these kinds of situations, and I've included a few below that I suggest checking out in order to troubleshoot these issues:

Run Game as Administrator

If people continue to see any glitches the Forum Moderation Team then recommends contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps will certainly be happy to assist as much as they're able.

Thank you for your patience. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

agnesnic
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Jan 28, 17 8:54 PM
I cannot pick up the boot I fished out which I have ti fill to get rid of the monster in the tent - Windows 10. I have tried exiting the game but the problem is just the same. The screen is not frozen.

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jan 29, 17 12:50 AM
Fatal error about 20 minutes in, froze up and had to ctrl,alt, delete twice to get out.

[Post New]by Polgara60 on Jan 29, 17 3:58 AM
I also have an issue with the cupboard handle in chapter 6. I thought I had taken it but it did not appear in inventory and I am now unable to return to the head. I am now completely stuck at this point and unable to finish the game. This is so disappointing as up til then I was really enjoying the game. Anyone know how to get round this?

[Post New]by Eselchen on Jan 29, 17 5:29 AM
I also can`t take the boot after fishing it.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 29, 17 11:40 AM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to report the issues that are being experienced with this game. If you haven't already tried bfgPanthalassa's suggested preliminary troubleshooting steps, I would like to recommend the following page of steps as they may be able to help in this situation:

If you are seeing this on Windows 10, the following page of operating system specific steps may be able to assist:

Windows 10

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

The Forum Moderation Team is limited in what kind of support can be provided in the forums, which is why we ask players to contact our Support Team should the steps moderators are able to provide don't seem to help out. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please don't hesitate to PM any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Jan 29, 17 8:32 PM
I'm also stuck in the dirigible. Nothing responds but the menu key. So that's 2 games I have sitting here that I can't finish. Guess I'll try again with a new profile but I was enjoying this game and wanted to finish. Sigh!

cpatten1
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by cpatten1 on Jan 29, 17 11:15 PM
After getting stuck in the dirigible, I started with a new profile and when I got to that mini game, I just waited for the skip button and didn't even try to play. I got me past that part, but it's frustrating to have to skip. So for anyone who's stuck there too, you can at least go on.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Jan 30, 17 5:54 AM
I am stuck in the airship as well, I've tried coming out of the game twice, when I restart the game I'm back in the mini game again, plus I've tried leaving the mini game, but nothing happens.
There's allot of other people here having the same problem, why can't developers try out there games to make sure they work, this isn't fair at all, doing the demo doesn't always show problems up, get it right, and I hope there's an update for this game, and that the update works, unlike other games!!!
I use Windows 8.1

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Jan 30, 17 12:12 PM
Hello cpatten1 and j62janet,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what is being experienced. It appears that there was a workaround for the mini game that seems to be getting stuck, but that the workaround didn't seem to work for the other player. I'm sorry to hear that this is happening and getting in the way of enjoying the game and I'd like to provide some preliminary troubleshooting as well as how to contact our Support Team for further assistance.

In this particular instance, it may be able to help the game get unstuck by providing the game with all the permissions it needs to run well. The following page contains a guide on how to run a game as an Administrator while playing on Windows:

Run Game as Administrator

It also seems that there is a workaround provided by cpattern1 which seems to have helped in some cases. By starting over with a new profile and then replaying up to the dirigible, one can wait for the Skip button to get past this mini game if it is causing issues even after running as an Administrator.

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. For players that would like additional troubleshooting assistance, please also provide a Dr. Felix Report and ask for troubleshooting support. Our Reps are always happy to provide additional support for our games and they will be in touch as soon as they can.

If an automated response is received, or a response is received that doesn't seem to address the issue at hand, the best thing to do is to reply directly to that email. By replying directly to that email, you not only retain your place in queue inside of the request system, you are also alerting our Reps that further assistance may be necessary. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you as well for your patience and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, do not hesitate to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Jan 30, 17 5:05 PM
I played the game on Windows 10 with no problems in the casual mode, but when I played it again under a new profile in the customs mode, I got stuck at the air ship and had to start all over again!

Edited on 01/30/2017 at 5:16:28 PM PST

hidnseekr
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by hidnseekr on Jan 30, 17 5:41 PM
I can't seem to get the suitcase open in the beginning, to get the tool you need after getting the time accelerator. Have the key card but it won't open.

Delorean01
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Delorean01 on Jan 30, 17 8:50 PM
I was also stuck in the airship and after gritting my teeth and sacrificing another few hours, restarted under another profile. So far so good. Not sure why should we need to do this, Big Fish?? Surely games are checked for this sort of thing?
Also, the audio doesn't match the written script. Really sloppy stuff Elefun Games. I normally love their stuff but this one is a bomb.

Go to: