Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 28, 17 12:40 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/28/2017 at 6:47:03 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 28, 17 6:46 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 28, 17 7:01 AM
EleFun Games seems to gotten into witch games lately, but this ones little different, mixes reality w/ fantasy. The trial helps enough to get a feel of what game is like! & w/ the sale not to shabby! My taste can be a lot different then others, so its best to try it for yourselves! Hope it makes your weekend enjoyable!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Keeper of Antiques: The Imaginary World Collector's Edition

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 28, 17 3:11 PM
don't mind the game - quite into it, actually - easy to follow - on chapter 6 - so almost done. All screens are very clear and voice-overs are great - map is good, no problems. hint button - if needed - has worked every time - no problems at all - I quite like that there's 3 "extra" items to search for in each scene - always check for those first.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jan 28, 17 5:33 PM
What a dreadful game. Just another rehashed tale about an artifact that causes havoc along with a multitude of nasty creatures.

Graphics are murky with the usual dull blue colorization.

VO are ok but the mouth movements leave much to be desired.

Usual caliber interactive HOS with nothing new or exciting. Same old puzzles that I mainly skipped.

Just couldn't get into this game. Just kept wanting the demo to be over quickly & stop the feeling that I needed to take a nap.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jan 29, 17 4:30 AM
I absolutely adore this game! Be prepared to let your imagination have free rein and simply immerse yourself in the story. For anyone who has enjoyed the television show, "Warehouse 13", this will be a delight!

The story line is very good, you have a choice of four difficulty levels (including "Custom"), the dialogue is kept to a minimum (just enough to keep you abreast of what is really happening), the music is quite nice, the voice acting is wonderful, the mini-games are creative and just challenging enough, while the HOS's are varied in type to keep things from getting dull..

The graphics are clear and crisp with an appropriate and interesting color palette. There are collectibles and the interactive map can be set to indicate when they have all been found at each location.

So, if you are looking for a fun, relaxing bit of HOG play, this may just be the perfect game for you! Be careful out there; those artifacts can be sneaky!

Edited on 01/29/2017 at 7:17:09 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 29, 17 12:35 PM
I finished this game - not bad -relatively easy to follow along. the only thing I was very DISAPPOINTED about - yet another game where one CANNOT go back and collect any of the morphing/collection items one may have missed. This, then, would "force" you to have to replay - not I. for that reason -

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jan 29, 17 2:41 PM
judy76073 wrote:I finished this game - not bad -relatively easy to follow along. the only thing I was very DISAPPOINTED about - yet another game where one CANNOT go back and collect any of the morphing/collection items one may have missed. This, then, would "force" you to have to replay - not I. for that reason -

Adding to that irritation, I started a replay of the game after missing one collectible and one morphing object - both near the end of the main game, of course. When I went to play again the warning on the screen specifically said that only the items missed would be available to pick up in the replay and all my achievements would be intact.

I had not done anything with the collections, since I didn't have them all, so I decided to at least see what happened with the collections I did have, once I assembled the pieces. The only way to get to the collection room is through the game interface, so I started again. Guess what? It removed all of the collection objects I had picked up. The achievements still said I needed only one of each of the two types I'd missed and the puzzles were still there, but none of the collection pieces were in that room. You can get to the puzzles and achievements from the extras menu, but when you click collectibles in the extras, it just shows you which pieces you collected. There is no way to go back to the collectible room without playing again and deleting them all.

I'm really annoyed about this and I'm not going to bother to play again. I would hope they'll release a patched version of the game to fix: 1) not being able to go back to get missed items, 2) not being able to access the collectible room after winning the game, and 3) wiping out your collection when you replay after telling you it won't do that. I seriously doubt they will fix this, though. Achievements and collectibles are a huge selling point for players, especially collectibles that you can interact with after the game, but developers never seem to care when they don't work right.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Mar 3, 17 2:09 PM
I really liked this game as story and play went. The HOG had some different things and min-games were also different. The find the 5 or 6 things in a little mini pop up were irritating time fillers. My only problem was I felt even though clever the mini games (my favorite part) were just too easy. I find this more and more with the games.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 7, 17 7:53 AM
BearCreekStables wrote:My only problem was I felt even though clever the mini games (my favorite part) were just too easy. I find this more and more with the games.

That's almost certainly because you're getting smarter by playing these games. I know computer games get a bad rap, but if you actually try to solve the puzzles yourself, you get better and better at problem solving with each game. So, there's the plus side.

If you want a truly challenging game series, try playing the Nancy Drew games in Senior Detective mode. You might find a few of the puzzles reasonably easy, but you will also find some that really make you work hard to get the answer.

BFG has all of the Nancy Drew games except two - the 2nd one and the newest one. Not sure why they don't have those two, but there are close to 30 others to choose from. No hidden objects in any of them either. They're pure adventure.

Go to: