[Post New]by momhavingfun on Jan 30, 17 7:22 PM
has any one got level 88 I cant get this one

4mykitty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:the shivering plains level 88

[Post New]by 4mykitty on Jan 31, 17 6:40 PM
I think you must have to move the bubble from the left side to the right side to make it fall off the board but this is very hard. After posting this, I have managed to do it twice and will keep working to get the last one and the fish so I can move forward. It is just a matter of luck if you don't have an abundance of hammers.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 5:50:12 AM PST

Misty_eyed1
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Misty_eyed1 on Jan 31, 17 7:03 PM
There are now 2 threads about this level. As I posted in other:

It is one of the hardest. After clearing at least 2 from the column of bricks under the critter. You have to get 2 elements above the same with one to the right then either 2 above again or same above and below with one to the right to get it 2 away from wall. Then either keep arranging them that way or have 2 the same to the left and 1 to the right to walk all the way across. Last 2 rows have the exit arrows.
I did not want to waste time nor money buying extra moves so instead I used a total of 22 hammers thru all 3 stages to make them fall the way I needed, to walk it over.

I had accumulated 143 hammers over the last few months so no big deal to me

barbaralbb
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by barbaralbb on Feb 13, 17 7:59 PM
The only choice seems to be to use the hammer to try and "adjust" the vertical match options. None of the other boosts help at all. I did finish level 1 of 88, but haven't made it through levels 2 or 3. Can't get the darn fish, can't buy the darn fish, & can't proceed w/o the darn fish.... kind of annoyed about this level. I can't afford to buy enough gold to buy enough hammers to move on through.....
In addition, there seems to be no pattern to the color drops (i.e. You can't depend on a green to always follow a red or a yellow), so it's pure dumb luck when the colors line up in a helpful way. I consider myself pretty good at match 3 games & really don't like an unplayable level....., what's the purpose?

Edited on 02/13/2017 at 8:08:31 PM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 14, 17 7:45 AM
There are a couple of levels on this "island" that I don't appreciate, but this level is the absolute WORST!!!!!! I have 3 games and have played through it twice, I have one more game to go and dreading the day I get to that level.... I do not find this level to be the least bit "fun".... It would be one thing if at least ONCE in awhile the colors lined up favorably, but they have not in my games... it's just not fun when you can NOT catch a break and MUST use bonuses...

[Post New]by FranFerr on Feb 15, 17 10:36 AM
How do you get the bubble to fall off as one player suggested? I have been trying to get through this level for weeks only to get the bubble to move three lines. Bought boosts but none work. Why isn't the "switch two" boost available for this. I spent 350 gold to get and it was a waste of gold. This is very frustrating. Big Fish needs to correct this if they want people to continue with games.

[Post New]by jasperB on Feb 16, 17 6:16 PM
Yep, I'm with you.
I understand the mechanics of it, but can only get a couple of lines away from the wall at best.
At the moment I'm sulking about it & just collecting gold coins from level whatever-it-is. (surprised they didn't cut that out, along with other perks), until I get fed up and delete the whole thing.
I think it mightn't be much longer, unless by some miracle the developers listen to all the complaints about this infernal waste of time, boosts, and gold coins.

[Post New]by BethFitz on Feb 20, 17 5:02 PM
I am having the same problem at level 88. It seems we should have a switch places boost here

framer1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by framer1 on Feb 27, 17 11:54 AM
Agreed. This level is just not fun. Games are supposed to be fun right? I can understand making a level challenging, but unplayable is just unfair to the player. I purchase a lot of HO and Adventure games through Big Fish. I do contribute to their coffers. So, please tweak this for us.

[Post New]by batcow on Mar 1, 17 7:38 AM
This level is absolutely insane. It is so hard that I don't think it is possible to finish it with usual luck and skill

heidinorkovi
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by heidinorkovi on Mar 1, 17 10:13 PM
A switch places boost is must Big Fish! Are you bonkers? Impossible is not fun at all. I won't swear but please imagine a LOT of it.

[Post New]by crochet12 on Mar 7, 17 8:54 PM
I have now got through the second stage of level 88 Shivering plains. One more to go. The number of coins I have used for each stage so far is about 800. I buy hammers as well as extra lives. Will keep collecting coins from battles, mine, and selling fireflies at the shop. I will get through this infernal level and I know you all will too.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Mar 8, 17 3:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I understand that players have been experiencing some trouble completing Level 88 in the Shivering Plains, and the Moderation Team completely understands wanting to look into this. Our teams here definitely want people to be enjoying the game, and we appreciate everybody who's taken the time to report this level in the forums.

We made sure to pass it along to the right team, and I'm happy to let people know that this level was adjusted in the most recent update of Sir Match-a-Lot so that it's more achievable. Information on updating the game on the different platforms can be found in the following announcements:

UPDATE! New version available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (PC) - March 6, 2017
UPDATE! New version available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (iOS) - March 8, 2017
UPDATE! New version available for Sir Match-a-Lot! (Android) - March 8, 2017

If there's any trouble installing the update or anyone is still seeing issues with this level, please feel free to reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your player ID. Our Reps will definitely be happy to help as best they can. Info for locating the ID can be found on that Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team page, if needed.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

frosteen
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by frosteen on Mar 10, 17 1:29 PM
I just got through all 3 levels but had to use a lot of hammers. Try that.

[Post New]by batcow on Mar 15, 17 9:14 PM
batcow wrote:This level is absolutely insane. It is so hard that I don't think it is possible to finish it with usual luck and skill

I was so happy when I saw the pet moved by 2 blocks after the update. (Yes the pet was still at the left most column in stage 3...) Now I am in World 7 struggling with those color matching blocks

Timalay
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Timalay on Mar 17, 17 8:32 AM
just wondering how many players are stuck on level 88 , perhaps we should make a list.

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Mar 17, 17 9:05 AM
Well, I guess I got lucky, because I passed tier 3 after a dozen attempts, using 2x5 add. moves and one hammer. So there is hope!!

Good luck with this one!!

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 21, 17 11:45 AM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to everyone that has taken the time to post in this particular thread. I'm glad to hear that players are able to download the most recent update and progress through Shivering Plains, Level 88. If you find that this level or others in your game remain too challenging, please reach out to our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your player ID and details of the level. We definitely want players to be able to enjoy their game and continue to progress. Just in case it's needed, I'll include a help page below on how to obtain your player ID:

What is an in-game ID?

Thank you for your understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other Active Moderators. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Mar 24, 17 2:32 PM
An incredibly hard level.
I ended up building my coins up to around 1600, and then went in knowing that I would need to burn a lot of hammers.
I lost track of how many hammers but it was at least 15 hammers, and I used 3 of my trinkets and one dynamic (on the last level -- to clear the level quickly of the snowflakes and blocking chains and such). Then I was a matter of hammers.

Not fun --- but very very challenging.

THIS IS HOW TO COMPLETE LEVEL 88!

[Post New]by lawrenwhitney on Jun 14, 17 9:53 AM
This is how I did it .... I had already completed the first 2 of the 3 levels within 88 so this "how to complete Level 88 post is about the final inter-level (#3):

* I had over 2,000 coins stored up.
* I purchased 5+ Boost and selected it before starting the level.
(NOTE: I did NOT select any other Boosts such as the Dynamite or Trinket)
* While attempting to move elements in position to move the Pet to the right, I also was mindful to make moves to clear the Chains on those elements on the right side (only concentrated on the farthest Left Row/column since you just need to get the Pet down but do not need to clear all the chained elements.)
* Lastly, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: I bought and used the Swap Elements Boost 5 times so that I could EASILY move the Pet to the right side of the board.
(I actually used 1 Reshuffle Board as well ... although I could have easily have used another Swap Elements Boost to finish it.)

YOU NEED A LOT OF COINS AND USE THE SWAP ELEMENTS BOOST A LOT and that's how I did it!

If you have enough coins to purchase Hammer Boost to break the Chains, that is another point to keep in mind. I didn't need to do this 'cuz it just worked out that way but you might need to use hammers. Just remember: go in with a lot of coins!

(wow! THAT was a very hard level UNTIL I FIGURED IT OUT!) =)

Edited on 06/14/2017 at 10:01:31 AM PST

Go to: