Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 2, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 6:43:56 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mavisfearn1 on Feb 2, 17 2:27 AM
i have got as far as collecting the bracelet its not there and the game wont go no farther had to use task manager to take it off could this be a glitch

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Mimi05 on Feb 2, 17 4:43 AM
Same thing just happened to me.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 2, 17 6:44 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Sound

[Post New]by 41273 on Feb 2, 17 6:47 AM
Running Windows 10 on a laptop. The sound cuts out after a few minutes of play. If I get out of the game and go back in the sound is there, only to cut off again.

What happened to the fantastic customer service Big Fish used to have? I have had no response to my report about problems in the bonus game with Witches' Legacy The city that isn't there. It was sent weeks ago!

sedbee
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by sedbee on Feb 2, 17 12:57 PM
Please help,
got the same problem as Mimi05 and mavisfern1....I got the bracelet once,but the game directed me back to the dead Emily and now I am stuck and can't go anywhere....Is it a glitch or am I doing something wrong??I really do love this game and would like to finish it
Thanks for any help you can give
Sed

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Feb 2, 17 2:04 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or just a game idiosyncrasy but I have tried to place one of the scene on the cliff puzzle pieces an uncountable number of times and it simply will not accept this last piece. I am fast losing patience and will shortly consign this game to the trash can on the game manager and consider it $13.99 wasted.

I'm back to say that there was a mouse/keyboard issue. The scroll on the mouse quit working in any of the Office and Word documents so I went down and replaced both after trying all the usual fixes. Everything is working fine now and I've been able to progress in the game.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 5:00:16 PM PST

padres
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by padres on Feb 2, 17 2:30 PM
I can't get it to load. I love this series. Please help.

abamma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by abamma on Feb 2, 17 2:55 PM
I can't get the scalpel. I've tried everything. It's just not there. Help. I don't want to replay this game from the start.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 2, 17 2:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that people have been experiencing issues in the game. To help resolve problems like these I encourage taking a look at our help articles. I've gone ahead and included a couple below that can be particularly helpful when the game is freezing or when certain features aren't functioning properly:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

The steps those help articles include can be useful in making sure that the game has everything it needs to run properly. However, if anyone continues to experience glitches or problems we then recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. The Forum Moderation Team definitely wants people to be able to play their games without experiencing any problems, however we're limited in the steps we can offer as the forums don't contain the tools needed to provide customized assistance. While this is the case, our Reps will certainly be happy to help as much as they're able, and can provide replacements or refunds if needed.

41273, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive a response from your last email! All of our Reps certainly want to make sure that people's questions and concerns are addressed. If you had received an automated response that may explain why you then didn't receive an email from a Rep.

Our system will automatically close tickets if we don't get a response to those automated messages within a few days. However, responding directly will let us know that a personalized reply from our Support Team is needed, and will save your spot in line so that someone can be in touch as quickly as possible.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM one of our active Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 2:59:13 PM PST

[Post New]by LauraUnit on Feb 2, 17 3:30 PM
Penny1942 wrote:I don't know if this is a glitch or just a game idiosyncrasy but I have tried to place one of the scene on the cliff puzzle pieces an uncountable number of times and it simply will not accept this last piece. I am fast losing patience and will shortly consign this game to the trash can on the game manager and consider it $13.99 wasted.

Penny, I had the same problem. Try placing the piece slightly above and to the right of the place it should go. This worked for me.

[Post New]by LauraUnit on Feb 2, 17 3:31 PM
Trouble in the bonus chapter - I attached the deer's antlers before I took the item from its mouth. Now I cannot interact with the deer and I have no way to get the item. Pressing hint directs me to the top left corner, where there is nothing. Restarting does not help. Thanks.

Edit: OSX

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 3:33:35 PM PST

[Post New]by debic234 on Feb 2, 17 4:36 PM
Game stopped at getting the bracelet also. Froze up had to exit game entirely.

secondroe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by secondroe on Feb 2, 17 4:40 PM
I have the same issue with the bracelet. I collected it and then the game took me back to that point and says to collect bracelet. Game freezes at that point.
Also before I got there, it kept taking be back to Abagails house and pointing to the upper left corner. Nothing there.

[Post New]by wanderingwomble on Feb 2, 17 5:04 PM
Same issue with the bracelet.

Playing on Mac with macOS Sierra

[Post New]by Meredith43 on Feb 2, 17 5:25 PM
I too am stuck on the "cheap bracelet" scene. The game took me back a second time and told me to get the bracelet (again!) I was able to exit the conventional way and I thought maybe returning to the game would get around the glitch. Didn't work. Now I am mad. Please see to it that this game is fixed.

[Post New]by warmitup on Feb 2, 17 6:38 PM
Game froze after I collected the bracelet as well. I had to use task manager to get out of it.

[Post New]by MyDogRocky on Feb 2, 17 7:12 PM
Like many many others, my game also gets stuck right after I grab the bracelet. I'm using a PC with Windows 10. I just paid $14.99 for this game and I'm not happy. I also posted a note about this problem to the Support Team and expect a timely response!!

[Post New]by tlmassey on Feb 2, 17 8:04 PM
Bonus Game - I am in the doctor's office. I still have the winding key & only 3/4 of the medical emblems. I read the walk-thru which tells me to use the winding key on the elk head, but it will not allow me to select the head anymore. I already placed the antlers on & after that it no longer allows me to select it. When I select "hint" it highlights a spot in the top left corner of the screen above the other manequin (not the one missing parts) but there is nothing to click on. I think it's a glitch at this part of the game. I am using a MacBook Air to play the game.

gobaba
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by gobaba on Feb 2, 17 8:36 PM
First time I played, the scalpel disappeared after one use. On resetting the game, I also got stuck at picking up the bracelet. It kept telling me to do it again - no bracelet. Also game crashed twice. Think I'll delete game till a patch is available. I use WIN 10.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 8:38:36 PM PST

Go to: