Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 2, 17 12:39 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 6:43:05 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 2, 17 5:04 AM
It's been a long time since I bought any Grim Tales game. They lost their appeal after the first two or three and personally, I think they're well past their sell by date. Time Elephant came up with some new ideas instead of dragging this saga out.

Having said that, I actually didn't mind this demo in spite of the now familiar storyline. Elephant always create lovely graphics and this game is no exception. It's a shame they can't (or won't) offer an alternative to the HOS, which are nothing special. Fortunately there aren't that many in the demo, as the game seems to favour puzzles over HOS. I had to skip the clock face puzzle; I followed the SG exactly but it didn't work for me. The other puzzles were quite interesting and not overly easy.

For those that like collectibles, there are jigsaw pieces, doll figurines and various morphing objects, which are not 'in your face' for a change. The map shows tasks and transports. Four modes of play inc. custom but unfortunately choosing not to have sparkles other than for the HOS doesn't stop scene close-ups glittering like a jewellery shop window. Elephant can't seem to grasp the meaning of 'no sparkles' in any of their games. The SG is well done and shows 5 chapters plus the bonus one.

I'm pretty sure at some point in this game I will have to find a missing zip pull but in spite of that, I may just go for this Grim Tales. I haven't found a CE even remotely worth playing in ages, so with a good sale at the weekend this will probably be a buy for me.

I had no technical issues with the demo, which had 32 minutes left when it ended. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. And despite the red underlining of the words 'jewellery' and 'favour' in the draft post, I'm not changing my British spelling, so there

Edited on 02/03/2017 at 2:55:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 2, 17 6:43 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Feb 2, 17 5:07 PM
Only played for a little while and may buy it since there have not been any games lately that I liked enough to purchase. I am getting tired of the games where you travel to another time zone or have special powers. I have said it before but I think we need another category added ... maybe Science Fiction,or something like that. This stuff does interest the teenager group but I am 76 and not so much for me! I tend to go back and play some of the earlier games before this trend began. However, if you like this kind of game Have Fun! Something for everybody I guess.

P.S. Changed my mind about buying this game....using an Aura Vial to find handprints. Not my cup of tea that is for sure. My teenage nephew would probably love it, but not me.

Edited on 02/02/2017 at 8:44:16 PM PST

[Post New]by MamaSplicky on Feb 3, 17 7:32 AM
MaryEl, I tend to agree about the sci-fi and other "extras" in games. I'm 59 and prefer older type games too.
I also prefer a lot of HOPs in games and I like them to be the more traditional listed kind as opposed to silhouettes and interactive or story type HOPs. Can you tellme how many HOPs were in the sample you played and what type they were?

Re:way short

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Feb 12, 17 9:19 AM
Enjoyed the game, however, pretty easy. And so short! I always like the feature in some games where I can go back and pick up morphing or hidden items I might have missed. the little girl doll was kinda creepy. After buying the game I looked at the map and realized it would probably be short. Good game for a beginner or if I don't want a long story. I recommend ( if you can get a good price for the game ). Agree with the reviews.

to angelfish 106

[Post New]by SophieRoxy100 on Feb 12, 17 4:26 PM
Your review was right on. Thanks

[Post New]by Phoenixarising on Feb 15, 17 12:31 AM
EXCELLENT Thank You Big Fish Games. I am truly satisfied! One of best games i ever played.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 21, 17 12:27 PM
angelfish106 wrote:It's been a long time since I bought any Grim Tales game. They lost their appeal after the first two or three and personally, I think they're well past their sell by date. Time Elephant came up with some new ideas instead of dragging this saga out.

Having said that, I actually didn't mind this demo in spite of the now familiar storyline. Elephant always create lovely graphics and this game is no exception. It's a shame they can't (or won't) offer an alternative to the HOS, which are nothing special. Fortunately there aren't that many in the demo, as the game seems to favour puzzles over HOS. I had to skip the clock face puzzle; I followed the SG exactly but it didn't work for me. The other puzzles were quite interesting and not overly easy.

For those that like collectibles, there are jigsaw pieces, doll figurines and various morphing objects, which are not 'in your face' for a change. The map shows tasks and transports. Four modes of play inc. custom but unfortunately choosing not to have sparkles other than for the HOS doesn't stop scene close-ups glittering like a jewellery shop window. Elephant can't seem to grasp the meaning of 'no sparkles' in any of their games. The SG is well done and shows 5 chapters plus the bonus one.

I'm pretty sure at some point in this game I will have to find a missing zip pull but in spite of that, I may just go for this Grim Tales. I haven't found a CE even remotely worth playing in ages, so with a good sale at the weekend this will probably be a buy for me.

I had no technical issues with the demo, which had 32 minutes left when it ended. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit. And despite the red underlining of the words 'jewellery' and 'favour' in the draft post, I'm not changing my British spelling, so there

Well Angelfish ,

I finished the game, I don't recall any zip broken , and I enjoyed a lot the game.

Luckily I didn't have any tech problem, W7 Premium in One in all computer,
M.

Go to: