tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

Shivering Plains - level 23

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 3, 17 5:03 AM
In part 3 of this level, I must find 50 purple fireflies. How can I collect 50 when the board doesn't give 50?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

Re:Shivering Plains - level 23

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 3, 17 6:21 AM
I find these type of quests frustrating as, like you, many times the boards do not supply enough of whatever color you are required to obtain.... It's pretty much the luck of the draw ... you could study the board when you first go in to see how likely you are to obtain your goal, if you don't like the board, "X" out of the game before you ever start playing and you will not lose a life.... you can keep going in and out of the game till you find a board you are willing to play....

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 3, 17 7:11 AM
The board does give 50 purples, you just have to try a few times. I had to try 3 times for stages 2 and 3 and passed without extra boosts, while for stage 1 I played 2 times and used 1 set of extra moves but only because I was impatient.

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 3, 17 10:52 AM
Thanks for the replies...I'll try both suggestions!

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 7, 17 12:18 AM
That level has been driving me mad, I have been short of purples all the time, even ended up with as much as 17! Grmbl!

I played *at least* 20 times (pretty sure it was much more than that!) before I could have the requested fireflies. A couple of times I had them but was short of points. Finally managed to finish it last night, of course then they rained and there were purples on half of the board when the game was actually over! Provocation I am sure!

I also really dislike these x-number-of levels!

Good luck!

Go to: