Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Edge of Reality: Lethal Predictions Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 4, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for you reviews.

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 7:51:55 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Edge of Reality: Lethal Predictions Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 4, 17 4:41 AM
Maybe not a full "Review". All I can say is that this game is way too Gimmicky. Dealing with the Gimmicks is the thing here. If you can get beyond those, you might enjoy some of the game play. The graphcis are very nice and the story sounded interesting but I did not play long at all before I began to look for the End of the Demo. I would probably have quit after about 20 min. or even less but I kept thinking that maybe it would either get better or I would begin to see beyond the Bracelet, the Dog, the Cards, the Masks, etc. and like something about it. I am sorry to say that, NO, I never got over all the silly stuff so I could actually enjoy the game. Sadly, it's a NO BUY for me and, I did really want to like it.

A little more: I apologize for not saying more about the game play. I had no particular complaints about the actual "Game" itself. It was about average and would probably have been OK if I had actually played a bit more. I did come to the end of the Demo before I ran out of time. I did like the Dog but I am a Dog person and am particularly missing my dogs who have all gone to the Rainbow Bridge without me.

The puzzles were OK and a bit innovative even though sometimes familiar. There are some morphing objects which I still enjoy after several years of playing games that have them. You will sometimes need to find an item or two in order to complete some of the puzzles. I like doing that. I really did not like the Bracelet. The Bracelet was sometimes used too often as far as I am concerned though others may enjoy that.

All in all, the game was just OK for me and the Gimmicks too much for me. I suppose that if I had not already played hundreds of these games, I might have enjoyed the game more though I have never liked Gimmicks. As a fairly New player of these games, I might have easily shrugged off the Gimmicks and found the game much more enjoyable.

If you think you might like this game, please try the Demo.

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 7:14:22 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Edge of Reality: Lethal Predictions Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 4, 17 5:44 AM
I did get to the end of the demo with 16 minutes left, so almost a full length trial for a change. I agree to some extent with bribling that the game is 'gimmicky'; the bracelet is over-used to such a degree that it's required in almost every scene. However Uni the beagle (or basset, I'm not quite sure!) does come in handy to fetch things and the masks are collectibles, not a gimmick.

Graphics are lovely, HOS are alright but nothing special and there's no option to play something else instead. I did enjoy the mini-games; some have unique twists on familiar puzzles and I found them fun to solve. The story was interesting to me; 'are all accidents really accidents or the work of an evil being' is the basic premise and how to stop them before they happen (if she can) is the aim of the main character. Judging by how the demo ended, I suspect the bracelet might not used as much as the game continues....at least I hope not.

The SG only showed 2 chapters so no idea how long the game might be. Four modes of play inc. custom and the map transports. As previously stated, collectibles are in the form of masks and are not easy to find in some scenes. I didn't check out the extras so no idea what they might be.

Aside from the over-used bracelet, I really enjoyed the demo. You won't need Sherlock Holmes to figure out what to do or where to go next; the game isn't overly challenging. However it's enjoyable puzzles and interesting story make me want to find out what happens next. This will be a buy for me; the sale means I can get the Grim Tales: Graywitch CE as well for the game club price of one game! Bargain

ETA: Completed the game and thoroughly enjoyed it! The bracelet continued it's endless use but came to be less intrusive as time passed. Bonus chapter is a good length too. One of the best CE's I've played in many a long day.

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 4:01:40 AM PST

campfire29
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by campfire29 on Feb 4, 17 6:12 AM
I'm not sure if it is just me.... but as of late I have been reading less reviews and more personal comments which are not very helpful. I am sorry if the developers are not being innovative or original ( some seem to think) but , perhaps, a different genre besides hidden object would be more pleasing....just saying.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 4, 17 7:51 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Edge of Reality: Lethal Predictions Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Edge of Reality: Lethal Predictions Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 4, 17 11:44 AM
The game has 5 chapters plus the bonus chapter. I've been at it quite a while and have just now started chapter 3 so for me the game will probably take 5 or 6 hours without a break.

I do agree that the bracelet is used quite often but it does serve a purpose in the game. I actually love the gameplay and the mechanics of the bracelet and the different ways in which it is used.

If you enjoy fantasy games then you will most likely enjoy this one. IMHO, the developers have put a lot of thought into the storyline and the way each step leads us a bit further into the mystery and solution of the Lethal Predictions.

Not all gamers have the same taste in games but for me this second Edge of Reality game is a delight.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Feb 4, 17 6:01 PM
I enjoyed playing the demo of this game. Even though the bracelet is used often during the demo, it served a purpose. Also, you didn't need to play a mini game before using it or recharging it, which was very nice IMO.

The storyline has an interesting change to the 'save the city from the evil entity wrecking havoc on the citizens'. The graphics are clear and the colors are appropriate, no sugary pinks, blues and purples or scenes so dark that you can't tell what anything is. HOPAs in the demo were lists, with only a couple that were interactive in each scene. Puzzles did not leave you scratching your head. Gameplay moved along at a good pace, and I felt that the tasks were appropriate in that you weren't doing a lot of stuff that the devs threw in just to extend the length of the game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 4, 17 7:29 PM
Hi all! Been gone for a while, playing with our grandson. I see we have #2 in this series. As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. Game play in this addition was very good, no problems during the demo and it fit my large screen quite well. Graphics are quite nice, with very sharp and clear colors. I really liked the animation, e.g. mouth and eye movements and I did not experience any lag or choppy movements. The one thing that stood out, was the dog. He had a black outline that made it look like he was added for an after-thought, but otherwise, quite good. Voices weren't too bad, but they could have used a little more emotion and urgency when something bad or upsetting was happening. Instead of a helper, we have a mystical bracelet. This bracelet points out mystical animals that require mystical items/animals to get rid of them. This bracelet is used a lot during the game.

HOPs are very simple and straight forward. Nothing but interactive lists. Scenes were fairly clean and clear and items were not difficult to find. I did not see that you could switch to something else if you got bored with the same thing all the time. Puzzles were very simple and took no brain power to complete...no time either. Still, they were too bad. The only thing I liked about the map was the fact that it did show where a collectible was missed. Hint system is helpful, but did not transport to longer locations during the demo.

The collectibles were a bit disappointing, in that we only had 44 masks to find. These are the challenging part of the game. They blend quite well and are more like an x-ray or film overlay, so are very hard to spot in most cases. Some scenes have one and others have two. A bar off to the left tells you how many you need to find in each scene. Definitely needed more collectibles.

This was not a bad game at all. Simple, yes, but the story took an interesting turn right at the end of the demo...naturally. I frequently like to get simple games, just for the relaxation of it all. I did get rather tired of using the bracelet so much. I found that because of the story twist, I have the need to see how it plays out. I think most levels of players would find this one interesting. Yes, I will add it to my collection.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 24, 17 2:02 PM
The game was interesting to play.

Sometimes the "bracelet" got to be a little to much, though.

Nice clear graphics.

For me this was an easy game to play, which made it more enjoyable. I didn't have to run my tail off, going from spot-to-spot and back over/over again.

Edited on 02/24/2017 at 2:06:28 PM PST

Go to: