gb2839
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Bracelet in chest at Victor's cliff

[Post New]by gb2839 on Feb 4, 17 10:21 AM
I think there may be a glitch in the game here. AFTER picking up the bracelet from the mini-game and going back to the "present", I accidentally clicked on the "device" that would send me back to the same scene, and I am now told to pick up the bracelet -- and there clearly is no bracelet to pick up! Not sure how to get out of this, except to reset and run through the game again. I've had to do this a couple of times already, when I missed picking up puzzle pieces and have been unable to get back to the location to pick them up.

harleyrdr
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Re:Bracelet in chest at Victor's cliff

[Post New]by harleyrdr on Feb 4, 17 11:50 AM
same issue here. already got bracelet, and told to take it. cant get out of screen except to select the map which isnt' there. shows achievements and collectibles but cant do anything.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Feb 4, 17 11:57 AM
I'm having the same problem. I got the bracelet and took it to the lab. I've now got back a mould with time to the cliff, all I get is "take the bracelet".

[Post New]by PANDANAZ on Feb 4, 17 12:33 PM
Hi I also have the same issue, I cannot go back and I have tried by going to the collectibles and achievements but then the screen freezes and then I have to turn my computer off and on again.

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

Bracelet in chest at Victor's cliff

[Post New]by poppy85 on Feb 4, 17 2:09 PM
gb2839 wrote:I think there may be a glitch in the game here. AFTER picking up the bracelet from the mini-game and going back to the "present", I accidentally clicked on the "device" that would send me back to the same scene, and I am now told to pick up the bracelet -- and there clearly is no bracelet to pick up! Not sure how to get out of this, except to reset and run through the game again. I've had to do this a couple of times already, when I missed picking up puzzle pieces and have been unable to get back to the location to pick them up.

I've done the same thing and agree that you have to be careful to avoid clicking on the device. I'll now have to set up and play in a 3rd profile to pick up all the puzzles pieces/morphing etc. It shouldn't be so hard though to work out that there is something NOT to do to progress. Sorry about caps - not shouting, just emphasising.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Feb 4, 17 3:05 PM
This is a major glitch. I wasn't going back on purpose, just clicked on the time travel game rather by accident; sent me back to that scene and now I cannot do anything except reset.

FrCyc
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by FrCyc on Feb 4, 17 4:02 PM
Major glitch. Same happened to me after picking up bracelet and game freezes. The only option was reset, which I did, and the game glitched at the same place again.

[Post New]by Mumsince1997 on Feb 4, 17 7:41 PM
Me too Please HELP I don't want to restart from the beginning!!!!

Edited on 02/04/2017 at 7:50:23 PM PST

OzGuy
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by OzGuy on Feb 4, 17 9:08 PM
Same deal here ... accidentally went back and was told to pickup the bracelet that I had long since melted down ...

Had to start the game over and make sure I didn't go back there ...

Very unusual for this Game Dev to have bugs ... and there are more ...

raell
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by raell on Feb 5, 17 8:02 AM
Add me to the list too.

[Post New]by red943 on Feb 5, 17 8:52 AM
I found out what the issue is and a solution. Had to reset 3 times. do not get the bracelet before getting to the screen where the statue is located. Put the rings and necklace gem on it, she will become dead Emily and the bracelet will be in the chest. If you retrieve it before this, it will lock the game tight as a drum. Why the developer chose to make the bracelet accessible is really stupid. Definitely the fault of Elephant Games,

[Post New]by red943 on Feb 5, 17 8:57 AM
Damn. Got past it and after getting the bracelet from the chest, Emily becomes the statue again and if you click on it you will be right back to the stuck screen. Get the Bracelet. I am getting really pissed at this one.

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Feb 5, 17 11:41 AM
+1.

Picked up the bracelet, exited that puzzle state. Saw that the prism device was still clickable. Clicked it, re-entered the reality tear puzzle but puzzle was complete and there was no bracelet available to pick up.

I don't want to start this game again. Very disappointed.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Feb 5, 17 12:15 PM
I'm having the same issue as the rest of you. Very very disappointed. Elephant Games are normally glitch free. I really don't want to start over again.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 5, 17 12:43 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue with Grim Tales: Graywitch Collector's Edition. It sounds like there's an issue with the bracelet being picked up but the game not continuing past that point. I wanted to swim by here to apologize that this has occurred and to thank all of you for your patience while waiting on a response. I have checked in with the appropriate teams and it appears they are aware of the issue with the bracelet in the chest at Victor's cliff and are working to investigate why that is occurring. As soon as the Forum Moderation Team hears more information or is provided more about an update, we'll be sure to announce that in the forums for our affected players.

In the meantime, if you haven't already tried, some players have found success with uninstalling and reinstalling this game and starting their progress over which seems to have allowed players to move past this part. Just in case it is helpful, the following page details how to uninstall and reinstall a game:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

For any problems that continue after trying those steps and starting over, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are happy to assist and will be sure to provide further help as quickly as possible.

Since this thread is discussing a reported technical issue, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread and request that future discussion of this issue or future reports of technical issues be provided to the designated technical issues page below:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for GrimTales: Graywitch Collector's Edition here.

Thank you for helping out the teams behind this game and the forum moderators by posting in the above thread when technical issues specific to this game arise. Also, thank you for your patience, and I hope this has been helpful. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: