Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 5, 17 2:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/05/2017 at 9:04:01 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 5, 17 9:03 AM
Howdy Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIlinalta

bonny1957
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There here.

[Post New]by bonny1957 on Feb 5, 17 11:20 AM
tobacco pipe is in inventory plus sign is there but when I click on it nothing happens I cannot bring it up<>my game is on PC

Edited on 02/05/2017 at 11:21:45 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 5, 17 3:48 PM
Hello bonny1957,

Thank you for taking the time to report that particular issue in Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There. It sounds like the pipe is not zooming in when pressing the plus sign on it while it is in the inventory area. I'm sorry that's happening and I hope that I can provide some preliminary troubleshooting that will resolve that quickly, and if not, I'll also be sure to provide some other steps for contacting our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

In this particular case, some players have seen some success running this particular game with additional permissions. Running a game as an Administrator when playing on PC can sometimes get an item that isn't interacting properly to work again. Just in case it's helpful, the following page can assist with running this game as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't seem to resolve the issue, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide further help beyond the forums and they'll be sure to get back in touch as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on Feb 6, 17 5:06 PM
I tried the CE but with 9 mins left in demo the game said Fatal error and i had to turn my laptop off,,So i did not buy,,I will try the SE but all the other one's i have are CEs so kinda not very happy,, Well. I tried,,Got the dreaded Fatal Error even on the SE,Dang,, I guess i will never be able to play these again,,,

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 7:05:47 PM PST

[Post New]by Jimnan69 on Feb 16, 17 9:06 AM
When I try to unlock the padlock with the pin nothing happens!I tried reinstalling the game but still have the same problem-any suggestions? I am running windows 8.1
I started the game from the beginning with a different name and it seems ok for now!

Edited on 02/16/2017 at 1:28:04 PM PST

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Witches' Legacy: The City That Isn't There here.

[Post New]by fishmouse on Feb 16, 17 7:08 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

I can't get the glove to repair, the Hint shows it's the next step but I can't get the glove to do anything and I can't find anything else to do.

[Post New]by akashafmcg on Feb 19, 17 12:52 PM
can't place the lips on the box in part 9. tried evertything but can't get closer to the box so can't do it

using windows 7

thank you

[Post New]by greyeaglem on Feb 20, 17 7:48 AM
In the area the magic carpet flies to, there is a stone head that has a necklace that needs to be completed. I have six of the eight items, but can't pick up the seventh. The outline of the item needed shows up on the forehead of the stone head. The seventh outline won't form. The hint points to the leaf I need, but I cannot pick it up. Can't move forward in the game until this part is complete. I see other people reporting this same type of issue in different parts of the game. I am playing on a PC with Windows 8. The game played fine up to this point.

Edited on 02/20/2017 at 7:51:44 AM PST

[Post New]by Vuanti on Feb 20, 17 9:07 AM
I am having the exact same issue. Demo ran fine, so I bought game. Now it freezes every so often. I go to main menu and say quit. Instead or quitting, game reloads at frozen spot which has thawed and works fine. Until the cursed necklace. I have tried about everything to get that 8th leaf. Nada results. I will contact support and see if they can help but I think this is a frequent enough bug for the Techs to pop into this forum with the fix.

innej
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by innej on Feb 22, 17 9:42 AM
bonny1957 wrote:tobacco pipe is in inventory plus sign is there but when I click on it nothing happens I cannot bring it up<>my game is on PC

I am having this exact issue. The only next thing to do is to light the pipe but clicking on the pipe does nothing (it has a plus sign so should be active).

This is in the bonus game and the map no longer works either.

Great game but really disappointed that I won't be able to finish without starting all the way over (and maybe having the same issue!).

Edited on 02/22/2017 at 9:42:34 AM PST

Robcol
Minnow
Minnow
207 Posts

[Post New]by Robcol on Mar 1, 17 10:31 AM
greyeaglem wrote:In the area the magic carpet flies to, there is a stone head that has a necklace that needs to be completed. I have six of the eight items, but can't pick up the seventh. The outline of the item needed shows up on the forehead of the stone head. The seventh outline won't form. The hint points to the leaf I need, but I cannot pick it up. Can't move forward in the game until this part is complete. I see other people reporting this same type of issue in different parts of the game. I am playing on a PC with Windows 8. The game played fine up to this point.

Did you resolve this issue, same prob here.

[Post New]by blackfaerie11 on Mar 4, 17 2:36 PM
greyeaglem wrote:In the area the magic carpet flies to, there is a stone head that has a necklace that needs to be completed. I have six of the eight items, but can't pick up the seventh. The outline of the item needed shows up on the forehead of the stone head. The seventh outline won't form. The hint points to the leaf I need, but I cannot pick it up. Can't move forward in the game until this part is complete. I see other people reporting this same type of issue in different parts of the game. I am playing on a PC with Windows 8. The game played fine up to this point.

I was able to get that item but not the last one. I press hint and constantly click everywhere in the circle provided, but it won't select the last item. There is also no frame of that item in the cloud above it's head.

tufty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by tufty on Mar 5, 17 5:35 AM
I'm having same problem with stone head , why hasn't the tec team explained what to do .to get the 7 item we need help

motive
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by motive on Mar 13, 17 8:03 PM
I updated the game today and now I have lost my strategy guide and any info on how to play the puzzles. I think I'll just muddle along because I don't want to go through the trouble of contacting customer support and the whole Dr. Felix thing. I do wish I hadn't installed the upgrade.

cam1510
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by cam1510 on Mar 16, 17 7:04 AM
I have done both updates and the game is still not working right. Frustrated.

Go to: