Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret of the Royal Throne here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 6, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 5:15:15 AM PST

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret of the Royal Throne here.

[Post New]by j62janet on Feb 6, 17 1:00 AM
I'm being asked to put on Microsoft Visual C onto my lap top, I've never been asked that before, I use Windows 8.1, so I don't understand this at all

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 6, 17 1:27 AM
j62janet, some of the 'older' game making devices seem to add those extras for whoever needs it. I had 2 different windows opened, but always just cancel them.

Edited to add: oh my. Yes, it is an oldie or at least the machine that made this game is an oldie.

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 1:35:03 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

Glitch very early on made game unplayable

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Feb 6, 17 2:39 AM
Windows 10 on a good gaming system only a year old.

I made it as far as going to India, getting to the island, completing everything there except applying the steering wheel to the flying machine. I exited to the main menu to turn off the music (terrible, repetitive) and when I hit Play again I was back in the Storeroom of the first scene. I hit the hint and it told me to install the steering mechanism... So the game thinks I'm on the Island still, but I'm in the Storeroom. Exited the game completely in hopes it would reset to the right point. Nope.

That's pretty broken and what, maybe 10 minutes in?

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 2:40:56 AM PST

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Feb 6, 17 3:24 AM
Hi Poodlebear

The same thing happened to me. I got taken back to the storeroom while the game continued "in the future", lol.

I had to start again with a new profile, and wasn't game to go back out to change that blasted noise volume.

In spite of that, I am going to buy the game - I am quite enjoying the story (and hopefully, the glitch won't happen again, lol).

I said No this time to the Direct X thing (or whatever it was), so I don't know if that caused the problem or not. I have Windows 10 on my 64 bit PC.

Jen.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 6, 17 5:19 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Windows 10

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

Thank you to the players that have taken the time to post their suggestions in this thread. Please keep in mind that oftentimes games may ask to download an extra software such as Microsoft Visual C to ensure the game can work properly. If you continue to have issues after downloading the extra software, please reach out to our support team as they have the tools to further assist.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 6, 17 5:19 AM
*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by judygoodfellow on Feb 6, 17 11:24 AM
I've placed the five golden lotuses and the blossom deity appeared, but even though I've exited and come back in I'm still being told to place the lotuses.I don't know if this is a technical glich or not.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Feb 6, 17 3:15 PM
Got as far as the game you play with your arrow keys, completed it and was stuck in the "game loading" screen forever. Had to ctr alt del to get out of it.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Feb 6, 17 6:04 PM
judygoodfellow wrote:I've placed the five golden lotuses and the blossom deity appeared, but even though I've exited and come back in I'm still being told to place the lotuses.I don't know if this is a technical glich or not.

It happened to me too!

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Feb 6, 17 6:55 PM
minesita wrote:
judygoodfellow wrote:I've placed the five golden lotuses and the blossom deity appeared, but even though I've exited and come back in I'm still being told to place the lotuses.I don't know if this is a technical glich or not.

It happened to me too!

Same with me. I placed the five golden lotuses and received the blossom deity. Hint tells me to put place golden lotuses. I guess I will have to restart the game from the beginning. Lucky I didn't pay for this one.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 7, 17 3:29 AM
lcmoody wrote:
minesita wrote:

It happened to me too!

Same with me. I placed the five golden lotuses and received the blossom deity. Hint tells me to put place golden lotuses. I guess I will have to restart the game from the beginning. Lucky I didn't pay for this one.

I have the same problem , Windows 10

[Post New]by blseitz on Feb 7, 17 12:46 PM
Got to lava pit, see the "ball" character, but no arrows as indicated in minigame instructions. Sorry, have wasted too much time on this game already - not worth it. Better luck next time....

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 7, 17 2:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to report the experiences you are having while playing Secret of the Royal Throne. It sounds like players are seeing an issue with placing the lotus flowers as well as during a mini-game where using the arrow keys is necessary on the keyboard. For both of these issues, there may be a way to quickly resolve them by giving the game more permissions to run and I'd like to provide those steps as well as how to contact our Support Team should more help be necessary.

If the game is not progressing as expected due to an item becoming missing, the game skipping to the wrong spot, or a mini-game seems to not load properly, giving the game more permissions to run in Windows may help the game run more smoothly. You can do this by using the following steps on running a game as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

If those steps don't work and you are playing on Windows 10, you may also see some success with the following page of steps designed for some common issues found while playing our games in Windows 10:

Windows 10

If there is still trouble after trying those steps or if you'd prefer more assistance, please get in contact with our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to provide help as best they can and they have tools available that can help them provide more assistance beyond what the forums can provide.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this is helpful. If there are any further questions, don't hesitate to PM any of our active Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

Moneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Moneve on Feb 7, 17 3:06 PM
I have started this game twice because every time I collect all the gold lotus flowers and put them in the pond, somewhere down the line and later it tells me to put the gold lotus flowers on the petals. It shows a maiden and she leaves flowers but there is no wording and you cannot look at the pink lotus in the middle. It immediately closes access to the pond before you can search the pond. I started the game under one name and had this issue and then started it again under another name and tried to make sure I covered all my tracks but it is now telling me again to place the gold lotus flowers on the pond. Something is not right.''

I am on Windows 7 Pro.

Edited on 02/07/2017 at 3:11:08 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 10, 17 8:52 AM
Hi Moneve,

I'm sorry to hear that there is some trouble progressing with the lotus flowers in this game. It is recommended to help the game obtain more permissions to run as it should. This can be done by running the game as an administrator. Please refer to the following help article for these steps:

Run game as Administrator

There is also a thread where players have offered their hints and suggestions for this section:

Finished the Game - Lotus thing glitchy, but got past it!

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 02/10/2017 at 8:53:46 AM PST

[Post New]by gallaghermaryg on Feb 13, 17 11:56 AM
Skip button doesn't work.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Secret of the Royal Throne here.

[Post New]by shortykaye on Feb 18, 17 8:49 AM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.
I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH GETTING THE SWORD AND FINDING THE MEDALS FOR THE LOINS AT THE MAUSOLEM AND CANT GO ANY FARTHER AND THE HINT BUTTON ISNOT GIVING ME ANY HINT S IN HOW TO OR WHAT TO DO.

gamefun13
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gamefun13 on Feb 25, 17 4:52 PM
I bought this game and I can't get back to the well. I would like a refund!!!!!!!!!

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Apr 16, 17 1:34 PM
need the last gear for flying machine.think hint is frozen.kkeps saying i think there is a gear under the tree,have already got it

Go to: