siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

A Strange New Friend

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 6, 17 1:26 AM
Last night I accepted a new friend and was able to gift him/her immediately which was the first odd thing. Usually there's a wait time between acceptance and the ability to gift.

But here's what's strange. I went into his/her private room and received this message: "This friend's room has been updated in a more recent version of the game. To visit it, please update your game to the latest version".

Hmm. I have the latest version and there are no updates available to me.

This new friend is on Level 7 so his/her game was likely downloaded recently.

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:A Strange New Friend

[Post New]by 50MAD on Feb 6, 17 2:04 AM
Your new friend can't have the private room. If it is a new game you are not able to get it till level 13.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Feb 6, 17 6:19 AM
Both of those occurrences are indeed odd.........when I accept a new friend I've always had to exit and re-enter the game before I could gift that person. Level 6 is when you can enter your private room and others, but the message you got when entering your friends room is really strange .......I can't even begin to guess what's up with that. Have you tried entering the private room again to see if you get the same message?

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Feb 6, 17 6:40 AM
The devs changed when a new player can have a private room, 50MAD is correct, it was changed to not being accessible till level 13...

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Feb 6, 17 6:42 AM
kashmatash wrote:Both of those occurrences are indeed odd.........when I accept a new friend I've always had to exit and re-enter the game before I could gift that person. Level 6 is when you can enter your private room and others, but the message you got when entering your friends room is really strange .......I can't even begin to guess what's up with that. Have you tried entering the private room again to see if you get the same message?

Sorry but it changed! My newest level 9 game could enter the tournament (if it wasn't stopped for now) but the private room is still locked.

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Feb 6, 17 6:46 AM
Thanks guys, I'll change my notes.

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 6, 17 7:41 AM
this problem has been posted before, but as it was some time ago I cannot remember if there was any solution to it. Please be careful and I think you should contact either a Mod or the CS before you loose your game

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Feb 6, 17 8:20 AM
I came upon this a couple of months back. I had always been able to visit this player's room then couldn't, so I went sleuthing. She was on my gift list and should not have been as I play on PC and she plays on iPad! But that was the exact message I got. I think I deleted her but to be sure I would have to double check. I do not have my players' numbers written down....shame on me.

Anji64
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Anji64 on Feb 6, 17 8:22 AM
Similar thing happened with one of my friends. They regularly gifted, but never opened their wish list, so during the Christmas event I made sure I left a gift every day. Then one day I wasn't able to leave a gift and the same message appeared, about latest update. Their level had dropped from 15(ish) back down to 7! Very odd.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Feb 6, 17 12:17 PM
Here's something else strange - I took my wish list down in order to catch up on gifting 3 days ago. There is nothing on my wish list, yet yesterday and today I received a gift from a friend on my wish list. How does that happen?

katiek

siberlene
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by siberlene on Feb 6, 17 1:58 PM
kkreisman wrote:Here's something else strange - I took my wish list down in order to catch up on gifting 3 days ago. There is nothing on my wish list, yet yesterday and today I received a gift from a friend on my wish list. How does that happen?

katiek

I've noticed the same thing. It appears there's some lag time. Often I've received a gift that hadn't been on my wish list for 2 or 3 days.

Edit: And, several times I've received 2 gifts from the same friend at the same time, which isn't possible in a 24 hour period.

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 2:04:27 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 6, 17 4:34 PM
katiek, your wish list is back open

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Feb 6, 17 6:16 PM
susiewastaken wrote:katiek, your wish list is back open

No Susie, it is not. There hasn't been anything on my wish list since Friday, Feb. 3. Are you sure you're looking at mine, ID 41185?

Confoooosed in the Castle,
katiek

Edited on 02/06/2017 at 6:17:54 PM PST

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 6, 17 6:22 PM
kkreisman wrote:
susiewastaken wrote:katiek, your wish list is back open

No Susie, it is not. There hasn't been anything on my wish list since Friday, Feb. 3. Are you sure you're looking at mine, ID 41185?

Confoooosed in the Castle,
katiek

So sorry....you are right.

I looked for you last night and saw it closed.

Then, after reading this post, I peeked hurriedly in the game and THOUGHT I saw you with a wish list, but what I saw was someone we have as a mutual friend thanking you in her game-name.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Feb 7, 17 3:33 AM
Now, just to cause more confusion, I am all caught up and reinstating my wish list. So if you see me there, it's because I really am there.

Make sense?
katiek

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Feb 7, 17 8:14 PM
I received the same message from accepting an invite from a new friend. I found out later that the player was using a different platform than I was and I think that was the issue. I sent him a PM and now we can gift one another. His game name is A###### (Android) but his Friend ID is just ######. He is Level 25.

Edited on 02/07/2017 at 8:17:48 PM PST

Go to: