Friends of Suenamie

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Friends of Suenamie

[Post New]by susanlnels on Feb 6, 17 5:40 PM
Please pray for my husband who is in the hospital with a bowel obstruction. We don't know anything yet but I'm a worry wart.

I'm his caregiver since his stroke 8 years ago. He is mentally fine but has no use of his right side and is incontinent. With my COPD and CHF it is hard to be a caregiver!

Thank you for your prayers,

Sue

Re:Friends of Suenamie

[Post New]by nimbleaardvark on Feb 6, 17 5:52 PM
Praying for both of you.

JustMe2

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 6, 17 5:54 PM
Hang in there, Sue!
There is power in prayer!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 6, 17 6:14 PM
My thoughts are with you.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 6, 17 6:59 PM
Prayers and best wishes, Sue. Our husbands are certainly giving us a trying time.

The doctors are starting to wean my husband off the assisted breathing machine. If he becomes too dependent I will not be able to care for him at home. Like you, I am his caregiver.

Look after yourself. It is not easy, I know. You spend hours up at the hospital with them. I am certainly very tired by the time I get home - all I want to do is eat & sleep.

The MC community is very caring & supportive so please keep us updated.

Your friend,
Dot

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Feb 6, 17 9:33 PM
To both Suenamie & AussieDot, my thoughts and prayers are with you both, that your husbands are both home soon.

Don't get here to the forum much these days so I am trying to catch up with what I need to have on my prayer list.

whitemane
Herring
Herring
330 Posts

[Post New]by whitemane on Feb 7, 17 4:16 AM
Thinking of both of you Suenamie & AussieDot. Positive vibes and caring thoughts being sent your way.

sassy215
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by sassy215 on Feb 7, 17 5:18 AM
sending prays your way! keep the faith and take of your self! Prays going out to aussie dot also!!

[Post New]by lanky46musician on Feb 7, 17 5:18 AM
Praying for both Suenamie and AussieDot. Stay strong and see if you can get some outside help to relieve some of the stress you have to be going through.

DeeJay46

1blazer1
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by 1blazer1 on Feb 7, 17 8:13 AM
Saying prayers for you and your husband, Sue. So sorry to hear of his health issues. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

DeeDee

jEMSW
Minnow
Minnow
294 Posts

[Post New]by jEMSW on Feb 7, 17 8:38 AM
Suenamie & Aussie_Dot

My thoughts & prayers are with you both.

I can only imagine what you both are going through on both a daily basis & during this very stressful time.

It is very important that you both take time to care for yourselves, especially you Suenamie. With your own health issues, you don't want to find yourself in the hospital in the bed next to your husband.
Ask for help from friends, family, & church. I'm sure they would be glad to help in any way they can.
Check with the hospital, they must have a social worker who should be able to help in finding local social services available in your community.

Again, hoping & Praying all will be well for both of you & your husbands.

Your Friend 'Otzi'

Edited on 02/07/2017 at 8:38:57 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 7, 17 8:44 AM
Please take the good advice your friends have given - take care of yourself, don't push yourself, rest when you're tired.
Big hugs & positive energy/prayers to both Aussie Dot & Suenamie & your hubbies for quick recovery.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Feb 7, 17 8:57 AM
Thoughts and prayers and remember (both of you) stop and do something for yourself - take care of the caregiver!!!

mamarose1900
Flounder
Flounder
2,190 Posts

[Post New]by mamarose1900 on Feb 7, 17 10:47 AM
You have my thoughts and prayers and best wishes.

The hardest, but most important thing, is to remember the oxygen mask thing--take care of yourself first so you'll have the energy to take care of him. I didn't do a great job with that when I was caring for my mom and it caused me problems that could have been avoided had I been more consistent about taking my own advice.

Have fun stormin' the castle, whenever it fits into your busy schedule.

nmabbey
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by nmabbey on Feb 7, 17 2:38 PM
My thoughts are with you both. Please take care of yourself. Like everyone else has said, it is so important. - Nina

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by apmg on Feb 7, 17 3:07 PM
thinking you both take care of your self too

ann

gertie0513
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by gertie0513 on Feb 7, 17 3:27 PM
Suenimie + Aussie_Dot
Sending positive thoughts to both of you.Please take care of yourself and ask for help when needed.
Hoping and praying for a speedy recovery.
Gertie0513

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Feb 7, 17 5:38 PM
I really appreciate the advice and kind thoughts you all have given!

I am so sorry Dot for what you are going through right now too. You always do so much for all of us and I pray you get all the help and support you need .

My husband is out of the hospital now. It turned out he had severe constipation and a bad urinary tract infection. The hospital tried to send him home without helping with his severe bloatiness. He hadn't been able to sit upright in two days. I told them I could not transport him or care for him if he is unable to sit up. They finally kept him long enough for him to get some relief. Being a stroke survivor, sometimes his intestines give him problems.

Thank you all,

Sue

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 7, 17 7:24 PM
So glad he's doing better!
Thanks for the update.

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Feb 9, 17 2:40 PM
Sue, I'm so glad hubby is home. Hopefully, you will be able to get some rest also. Continued positive thoughts are coming your way.

Dot, I hope your surgery went well. You will be missed in the forums!

Go to: