OH THANK GOD!!!

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Feb 9, 17 12:58 PM
I was having severe separation anxiety over the Forum being down for maintenance.

Was hoping all the SPAM would have been squelched!

Hoping for the rumored new Puzzle Feature soon.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

apmg
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

Re:OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by apmg on Feb 9, 17 1:07 PM
so pleased the forums back

fedakski
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by fedakski on Feb 9, 17 1:07 PM
Based on what I'm seeing in the list, the SPAM is alive and thriving

I'll take ANYTHING new right now

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 9, 17 1:12 PM
My sentiments EXACTLY

OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by ReallyHelpless on Feb 9, 17 1:54 PM
Dhyaniland wrote:I was having severe separation anxiety over the Forum being down for maintenance.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Haven't heard this rumor. What's it supposed to be?

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Feb 9, 17 1:58 PM
somebody did something to trigger the long shut down, i can't be the only one who checked in the other morning only to have had my browser try to take me to some site for a flash player update that my security went ding ding ding at .... did that nonsense every time I tried getting onto MC's forums....until biggie fish shut down mc's forums altogether..

windows shouted at me that my flash player was up to date and secure in internet explorer

that brief castle update was probably some kind of castle network security check...

Skdu
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Skdu on Feb 9, 17 2:18 PM
I had the same experience... access to the forum requiring an 'update'..... very glad that it is back

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Feb 9, 17 2:20 PM
Hmmm I never got the flash player message.

At first it just would not load. I tried going through the BF forum link and seems all the forums were down.

Finally got a message that it was under maintenance and would be up soon

Im on PC.

So glad its up though went through the same withdrawals.

Good to be back. (insert alot of Emotes)

Now I shall go back to nursing this massive headache.

See ya soon.

TinyFaerie

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Feb 9, 17 2:38 PM
ReallyHelpless wrote:
Dhyaniland wrote:I was having severe separation anxiety over the Forum being down for maintenance.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

A suffix added to the Castle Name of one of my Friends (who, as it turns out, is a Dev at Elephant Games) says: puzzle coming

Bear it mind, it is MY assumption is it a new Puzzle Feature of some sort.

Anyway, at least SOMETHING new has been implied, right?!?!?

Let's hope so

XXOO ~ Dhyani

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 9, 17 3:08 PM
Dhyaniland wrote:
ReallyHelpless wrote:
Dhyaniland wrote:

XXOO ~ Dhyani

A suffix added to the Castle Name of one of my Friends (who, as it turns out, is a Dev at Elephant Games) says: puzzle coming

Bear it mind, it is MY assumption is it a new Puzzle Feature of some sort.

Anyway, at least SOMETHING new has been implied, right?!?!?

Let's hope so

XXOO ~ Dhyani

Well it does outline how to play a puzzle game from the HOS in the Help feature from the Options menu: Puzzles

Dhyaniland
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,074 Posts

OH THANK GOD!!!

[Post New]by Dhyaniland on Feb 9, 17 3:28 PM

Well it does outline how to play a puzzle game from the HOS in the Help feature from the Options menu: Puzzles

ptg, you are soooo right!!!

So, re-reading that Puzzles section a couple of times, it looks to me like sort of a Scavenger Hunt type Puzzle concept. This makes me VERRRRRRY HAPPY!

We had Scavenger Hunts in another game here at BFG that were EXTREMELY popular. They were timed 'Events' but I only had 3 Manors going on that game.

Hopefully we'll have at least 48 hours to do this new fangled puzzle thang, whatever it is!

I CAN'T WAIT

XXOO ~ Dhyani

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Feb 9, 17 3:30 PM
gripes wrote:somebody did something to trigger the long shut down, i can't be the only one who checked in the other morning only to have had my browser try to take me to some site for a flash player update that my security went ding ding ding at .... did that nonsense every time I tried getting onto MC's forums....until biggie fish shut down mc's forums altogether..

windows shouted at me that my flash player was up to date and secure in internet explorer

that brief castle update was probably some kind of castle network security check...

I got the same thing, I also found out that this was only targeted to the new game forums and Midnight Castle because, I went in to a old game forum and nothing happened, I stayed on the paged, I also got to see my messages, then when I went to Midnight Castle forum that is when I got that message and went to the website when I refused the page when blank for me that happened yesterday at 9:30 am

Edited on 02/09/2017 at 3:32:33 PM PST

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Feb 9, 17 3:37 PM
ptg, you are soooo right!!!

So, re-reading that Puzzles section a couple of times, it looks to me like sort of a Scavenger Hunt type Puzzle concept. This makes me VERRRRRRY HAPPY!

All,

Maybe that's what the little updates did; prepare the game to accept a new feature. They often do little updates before the big ones.

Astra

gripes
Clownfish
Clownfish
517 Posts

[Post New]by gripes on Feb 9, 17 3:44 PM
don't let me freak you out folks but something sinister and serious went down ...

I am all for looking forward to new game features and enjoying the features we already have.
but
that's not what went down

someone managed to shut down BF midnight castle forum.. tried to divert us else where for a bogus flash player update then tried to break into the Castle through the update door.. and until someone tells me to SHUT UP .. that's what I believe WE experienced for two days.

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Feb 9, 17 3:57 PM
gripes wrote:don't let me freak you out folks but something sinister and serious went down ...

I am all for looking forward to new game features and enjoying the features we already have.
but
that's not what went down

someone managed to shut down BF midnight castle forum.. tried to divert us else where for a bogus flash player update then tried to break into the Castle through the update door.. and until someone tells me to SHUT UP .. that's what I believe WE experienced for two days.

I agree

[Post New]by FreakieFaerie on Feb 9, 17 4:01 PM
Gripes just to clarify. I went to the Big Fish site to try and access though their Forum community.

All of Big Fish Forums were down. Not just Midnight Castle. You could not access any of them. I got a message that they were doing maintenance and to be patient.

So I dont think it was really related at all but just a coincidence.

But it was not just Midnight Castle that much I can saw/

[Post New]by walkingstar on Feb 9, 17 4:19 PM
Yes Freaky Fairy..I was playing another Big Fish or Elephant game and their Forum was down to. I want new "stuff" now as we all do and my friends to start playing again. I figured the new DL whatever It is would be today..Tomorrow? Everything crossed..Qatwar

[Post New]by MaryCricket on Feb 9, 17 4:19 PM
FreakieFaerie wrote:Gripes just to clarify. I went to the Big Fish site to try and access though their Forum community.

All of Big Fish Forums were down. Not just Midnight Castle. You could not access any of them. I got a message that they were doing maintenance and to be patient.

So I dont think it was really related at all but just a coincidence.

But it was not just Midnight Castle that much I can saw/

sorry I should of clarify it better I was in at 9:30 am Phila time I was in an old game forum Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues, came out in 2014, then 10am I tried to go back in and all forums were down

Sorry FreakieFaerie, should of been more clear on this

tesskw
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by tesskw on Feb 9, 17 4:57 PM
I think gripes is right about the flash player update, I think those that did not see the flash player update visited the forums after BF had already shut them down. I noticed the flash player update about 6:30 or 7:00 am central time.

Edited on 02/09/2017 at 5:32:35 PM PST

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Feb 9, 17 5:16 PM
I think you are right tesskw. I managed somehow to get into and post in the "technical" thread after PMing the same info at 8:30 Eastern time. I was still getting into the other forums without the flash update message. That message only came up on MC forum until all was shut down.

Go to: