Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 11, 17 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/11/2017 at 7:05:08 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Cuddlenurse77 on Feb 11, 17 3:57 AM
Wow, starting early; just began the demo & after locating the clock decorations, I can't pick them up; it's as if they're frozen. I can interact w everything else in the bar... Is this just me?

Thx again,
LJ

matakia
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by matakia on Feb 11, 17 4:58 AM
Cuddlenurse77 wrote:Wow, starting early; just began the demo & after locating the clock decorations, I can't pick them up; it's as if they're frozen. I can interact w everything else in the bar... Is this just me?

Thx again,
LJ

same problem here ...........

[Post New]by heatherington on Feb 11, 17 6:15 AM
My cursor is sluggish and slow. Can't play a game with a slow mouse.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Feb 11, 17 7:04 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

klockwood
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by klockwood on Feb 11, 17 8:40 AM
Does anyone know why my account would ask me to sign in when I am already signed in when I am trying to buy a game through the 60% sale. I am at the screen where you go to buy a game you just did the trial on. Whats up with this site lately. The other day it wouldn't let you buy anything for hour!

[Post New]by clpayne on Feb 11, 17 9:27 AM
Can't get it to download, same problem I had with game yesterday.

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Feb 11, 17 9:35 AM
klockwood, try to buy the game from the site, not your game manager.

waVcraZd
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,052 Posts

[Post New]by waVcraZd on Feb 11, 17 12:13 PM
klockwood, try to buy the game from the site, not your game manager.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Feb 11, 17 12:57 PM
Using Win 10 and having a problem with the clock hands. I have all 3 and hint tells me to use them but I can't make them move out of inventory.

OldLizard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by OldLizard on Feb 11, 17 4:47 PM
matakia wrote:
Cuddlenurse77 wrote:Wow, starting early; just began the demo & after locating the clock decorations, I can't pick them up; it's as if they're frozen. I can interact w everything else in the bar... Is this just me?

Thx again,
LJ

same problem here ...........

dreamer52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by dreamer52 on Feb 11, 17 8:22 PM
having the same issue with the clock hands. using window 7 home premium

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Feb 12, 17 5:13 AM
be careful about setting screensavers. I set one and my Norton virus protection said it was unsafe and would not let me have it. told me to restart and when I did so Norton deleted the screensaver. first time that ever happened before.

cabanaeast18
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by cabanaeast18 on Feb 12, 17 7:29 AM
I want to buy this game. It has great graphics, nice music, good story and most of the voiceovers, BUT..... At the beginning of the game there were several "broken record" sounds and freezing frames. It seemed to have disappeared towards the end of the trial, but (again) I don't want to take a chance that it would start again. I didn't have any other trouble, including with the clock. The screensaver virus issue also stops my purchase. Windows xp

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Feb 12, 17 12:23 PM
Hi all. I just finished the 50 min (not 90 min) trial of this game with no tech issues. Download and install were quick.

Since I'm using Windows 10 and the tech forum mods usually recommend that we "Run as Administrator" I contacted customer service to find out how to set my game manager to download ALL games to "Run as Administrator" so I wouldn't have to do it every time I download a game. It seems to have worked. Here are the instructions:

1. Locate the Big Fish Games icon on your desktop, task bar or start menu.
2. Right-click the Games icon and click Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab at the top of the ‘Properties’ window.
4. Under the ‘Privilege Level’ section, check Run this program as an administrator and click OK.

I've been testing the trials of the most recent releases, particularly the ones with tech problems, and have not any any tech issues since the change to "Run as Administrator".

Maybe it would work for all Windows operating systems. It's worth a try...

You're welcome.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Feb 12, 17 5:27 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the experiences being had while playing Royal Detective: Borrowed Life Collector's Edition. It sounds like there are a few issues here, and I just wanted to swim by real fast to try to help with them as well as how to reach our Support Team.

klockwood, I'm sorry that there's been trouble purchasing. waVcraZd is correct that sometimes this can be worked around by purchasing through the site if trying to purchase through the Big Fish Games app (Game Manager); however, if there was trouble getting that promotion to work properly, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Support Team using the steps further below.

clpayne, I'm sorry the game isn't downloading. What I recommend is seeing if the following page of steps is able to help resolve that quickly:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For players who are seeing trouble with the clock hands, it may be helpful to run the game with more permissions to see if that helps address the interaction issues with those clock pieces. The following guide contains steps on how to run a game as an Administrator:

Run Game as Administrator

Some players have encountered a false positive for a virus message while trying to use the screensaver provided with this game. I'm sorry to hear that is happening. If players are seeing a virus message, please follow the following steps as they can help us resolve that issue quickly:

Virus Messages

Our games are thoroughly tested to ensure our games are virus free, and while this is the case, I am glad that players' anti-virus programs have helped keep their computers safe. Please follow the above instructions or contact our Support Team below so we can address this false positive.

For any problems that continue after trying those above steps or if you need more assistance, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE. Our Reps are always happy to help and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM any of our moderators. We are all happy to listen and help as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

rameses1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rameses1 on Feb 13, 17 11:30 AM
Seems to be problems +++
Played for 5 minutes and the hint button keeps saying it is recharging. Tried altering the options no luck.
I am using windows 10.
Seems they did not check the game. Not up to the usual high standard from Big Fish

Hapless
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
427 Posts

[Post New]by Hapless on Feb 14, 17 5:58 AM
Hi everyone

I had no problem with the clock hands and am now well into the game. I was playing a spider and beetle puzzle when I stopped playing. when I re started I just got a blank screen on the puzzle and no infantry,

I am running Windows 10.

Such lovely cheerful game and I was really enjoying it.

Linda

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 15, 17 1:58 PM
Hi rameses1 and Hapless,

I'm sorry to hear that various issues are being experienced with this particular game. Thank you for taking the time to post in this thread what is occurring as well as what operating system is being used. Please keep in mind that our teams test our games rigorously before they are released to the public. With the different permutations of computers on the market today, we recognize that technical issue may occur. Since Windows 10 was mentioned, it is recommended to refer to the following help article from the Big Fish Games Help Pages for troubleshooting steps specific to this system:

Windows 10

If issues continue to be present after trying the troubleshooting steps in the above help article, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of the moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by daisybow on Jun 22, 17 11:59 AM

Won't open due to error code 0x004BE6ED. Please help.

Go to: