bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Royal Envoy Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 7, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Royal Envoy Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Royal Envoy Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Royal Envoy Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by stripie on Apr 7, 10 12:45 AM
Awesome game! Played the trial! Absolutely love it! And you get to have 30 bonus levels which brings the total number to 90 (the basic game has 63)!!! Have to buy it

ruthiepic
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by ruthiepic on Apr 7, 10 1:04 AM
Amazing game! I've only had time to play half the demo time before I go out, but when I get back I will be purchasing this straight away! Someone on the forums mentioned about this game being quailty and they are not wrong, the graphics are beautiful, I don't think the screen shots do them justice, and the game play for a build game is unique and very well designed. Enjoy! I certainly will.

lmf40
Clownfish
Clownfish
666 Posts

[Post New]by lmf40 on Apr 7, 10 1:18 AM
I beta'd this one and absolutely loved it, fun to play, wonderful graphics, been waiting eagerly for it to come out and have bought already.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 1:31 AM
I know I have stated this a few times on the forum already but I do think this is how a Collectors Editon should be presented.
Worthwhile extras and a top notch quality fun game.

It is been created to make the customer happy and feel satisfaction with their purchase. An old sales concept you rarely find thiese days

Kudos to the developers Prix

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 7, 10 1:32 AM

Hi.
TM-lover here.
After playing TM's for some years, my opinion is that it's often more of the same.
So is this one. With different graphics, yes.
But: been there, done that, went through similar game constructions many a times.

Me myself and l are not too impressed with this one for the above reasons.

Plus: Game Collectors Edition?
Best for game producers profit, nothing in it for me as a straight player.

............. Mods, please don't kill me for this opinion.

[Post New]by TeriMO on Apr 7, 10 1:32 AM
I beta'd this too and thought was so fun! I normally play HOG's but this was such a nice break. The graphics are awesome: nice, crisp, clear and very original. Music was not bothersome to me when I did play it, I don't usually play the music in the games but this was really right on. I don't know if it is my lack of experience with these type of games or not but I did have to redo several of the stages to get my green light to go, LOL. I probably would have gotten further in the beta if I hadn't done that. I am soooooo OCD. Like I said, I had fun, loads and oodles of fun. I can't believe it has so many stages! I sure wish I could afford the collector's edition but cannot. I will be buying it when it gets to the reg. price though.

God bless all.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 7, 10 1:40 AM

Govegirl .....................

Teri: l wonder if god will play this game.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 1:59 AM
Fransje66 wrote:
Govegirl .....................

Teri: l wonder if god will play this game.

What??

I love this game, already played it twice.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 7, 10 2:26 AM
Fransje66 wrote:

Me myself and l are not too impressed with this one

Seconded...but only me...myself and I have different opinion...

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 2:28:07 AM PST

lj_brit
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lj_brit on Apr 7, 10 3:18 AM
This was my very first time to do a beta test. When I saw it was a TM, I did wonder why I was selected as I am not a TM lover at all. I find them so stressful, you'd think I was actually on the payroll of the burger joint or whatever it is. I don't even play the trial of TMs anymore.

I was so thrilled to finally be given a beta test, my 10 year old grandaughter and I got stuck in. I did feel it only fair to play with music and voices on normally I turn them off. Wow what a lovely surprise, game loaded like a dream, no hassles with screen wandering off to the side (sorry not sure of the technical term for that), or any other technical problems. We loved the audio, and the sense of humor. We thoroughly enjoyed the game, it was truly FUN.

Everyday since the test, my grandaughter phones to see if we can buy this game. I do take on board what a previous post said, (my apologies I can't remember poster's name) in that will it get too repetitive, and of course I had no idea it would be released as a CE. I'm not sure if I can or need to go to the extra expense of buying the CE.

I probably haven't posted this in the right forum, because what I want to convey is, if you are like me and not a TM fan at all, IMHO this game is worth a go.

I did recommend if this game had a lot of levels to brag about it,as it seems to me that is a question often asked.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 7, 10 4:40 AM
Absolutely top notch amazing production values on a fun, fantastic game. Reminds me of Wonderberg only the "You've gone to heaven" version! Played the TGT for today and while it looked good just did not make me want to even finish demo. Then gave this a go and I was just dyin' knowing demo would soon end.

Here's the thing - if a game has clearly this much quality work into it with actual additional game play along with the usual fluff extras and *everything* about it is first rate and it runs like a dream I figure I owe it to the Development Community to pony up my money if I can. ...and for this one I can.

Untimed beyond getting all gold stars and as such trophies, for any given Island (you are restoring Islands) and while the islands don't have many chapters to start they start piling them on as we progress. I *know* I won't be able to gold star the whole thing, I've already failed on 2nd island, because of my gimpy hands but still super fun. Musics nice, graphics excellent, clear, bright and pleasant. Voice acting so far good.

Anyway, I bought it. Poodlebear Approved! (tho I mean that for the core game, extras are always just that, extra)

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 7, 10 5:23 AM
I also beta tested this and fell in love with the game. I agree with all and I mean ALL of the positive comments above. If i ever buy a collector's edition this will be it! Definitely buy in 2 weeks if I can wait.

dewieee
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by dewieee on Apr 7, 10 6:24 AM
While I agree that the graphics are wonderful, to me it is the same building type game. Nothing new that I could see and it was getting repetitive before I finished the demo. Maybe I would buy 6.99, but definitely not 20.00. I couldn't imagine 30 more levels when I was getting bored already.

I'm off to continue my adventures with the new virtual village. Happy gaming!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Apr 7, 10 9:16 AM
Is their a list of the extras anywhere? I didn't see any in the forum. Did I miss them?

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Apr 7, 10 9:55 AM
I beta testied this game too! Awesome game!!
I will have to wait for the regular game because of money. I don't like TM games because you can never win and the stress on you to win. You can go back to any level to improve.

Someone must have heard us on this game. Thank you!!

[Post New]by stripie on Apr 7, 10 10:04 AM
Here's a list of extras:

- 30 bonus levels
- Comprehensive guide
- Making-of
- Animated screensaver
- Wallpapers
- Original soundtracks

I hope this helps

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 10:06:25 AM PST

katy12250
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by katy12250 on Apr 7, 10 5:51 PM
And the music is really good! Considering some of the irratating music games use, this was a realy joy. Even the music as it shut down. I think I might even enjoy the music extras.

Definite buy! This is what a game should be like - CE or not.

[Post New]by hayward_deb on Apr 8, 10 1:05 PM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
Fransje66 wrote:

Me myself and l are not too impressed with this one

Seconded...but only me...myself and I have different opinion...

Nope, I will be the third. Does that make me I?

I got bored during the demo hour. Good graphics, music, lots of levels don't add value when the challenges are simple. I want the stress of having to play a level multiple times until I figure out how to get the gold star.

This seems to be the TM building game for people who don't normally like TM building games, not one for those of us who do.

Edited on 04/08/2010 at 7:19:37 PM PST

[Post New]by alicia16106 on Apr 8, 10 5:08 PM
Has anyone else had a problem with level 29. I get everything done but it doesn't seem to recognise that I have built the 4 flower beds and it won't let me carry on any farther. Maybe I just have a glitch in the download and need to download again.

Go to: