TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 7, 10 2:11 AM
I saw this game at first and thought great another Build-a-lot game, I actually played the demo and found myself enjoying it. The object of the game is to reconstruct Islandshire for the storms swept away the islands. You have 9 islands to rebuild and over 90 levels to play. I found myself building houses, sawmills, as well as some upgrading, and I almost forgot collecting gold- don't foget to click the gold, you'll see why once you play. I am definately getting this one not only do I get those extra 3 punches, but a great game as well... so give a try and have a good time. Take Care, TMann

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 8:53:19 AM PST

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

Re:Royal Envoy

[Post New]by b00kworm on Apr 7, 10 2:20 AM
At first, the game reminded me a bit of all those Build-A-Lot games, too. I rather like them, so this was not a reason for me to shun this game. When I had installed it and played the first level, I knew this was one for me.

I like the graphics and the gameplay and already find myself aiming for the gold star again.

And with 30 levels more, the CE certainly is worth the price, not accounting for the walkthrough and other additional content.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 2:24 AM
I think its like a cross between Build A Lot and A Kingdom for My Princess.

Diddah
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Diddah on Apr 7, 10 2:31 AM
I am downloading it as we speak.

I love these games, from what I can see it's a lot like other games you mentioned, but also World og the Zellians which I LOVED! So looking forward to this one.

[Post New]by larascupboard on Apr 7, 10 2:52 AM
GoveGirl's review did it for me... two of my favourite games rolled into one. Woohoo. Downloading it now. Will almost definately buy it.

Now, when are they bringing out Ranch Rush 2 or Farm Craft 2? LOL

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 7, 10 2:55 AM
GoveGirl wrote:I think its like a cross between Build A Lot and A Kingdom for My Princess.

Hey CG, I actually thought the same thing, except I couldn't remember the name of the game, thanks for that. Happy Gaming!!! TMann

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 7, 10 3:03 AM
larascupboard wrote:GoveGirl's review did it for me... two of my favourite games rolled into one. Woohoo. Downloading it now. Will almost definately buy it.

Now, when are they bringing out Ranch Rush 2 or Farm Craft 2? LOL
I needed a good LOL, that is exactly what I would like to know??!! Even though some people probably gave up on Ranch Rush 2, I was glad to hear you haven't!! TMann

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 3:14 AM
TerryMann wrote:
GoveGirl wrote:I think its like a cross between Build A Lot and A Kingdom for My Princess.

Hey CG, I actually thought the same thing, except I couldn't remember the name of the game, thanks for that. Happy Gaming!!! TMann

Woops the name of the game is My Kingdom for the Princess - I got it mixed up too

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 7, 10 3:58 AM
That's ok, when I read it, it didn't look right!? T

Raska
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by Raska on Apr 7, 10 4:06 AM
I love this refreshing building game. I'll wait for the Royal Envoy (not the collector's edition). This is definitely a good buy for me
Raska

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Apr 7, 10 5:30 AM
Welcome to TM games. LOL Glad you liked this game. I betaed it and have been anxiously awaiting it. I even downloaded trial on Playrix to enjoy more. I'm not sure I can afford CE tho. LOL As you say HAPPY GAMING.

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:50:51 AM PST

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 6:16 AM
laeddie wrote:Welcome to TM games. LOL Glad you liked this game. I betaed it and have been anxiously awaiting it. I even downloaded trial on Playrix to enjoy more. I'm not sure I can afford CE tho. LOL As you say HAPPY GAMING.

Glad you like it laeddie. The basic game is 63 levels and in itself well worth a game credit so for this game whether you get the standard or collectors it is a great game deal. Win - win for everyione Thats the way I like it!

CG

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:50:24 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 6:56 AM
What an awesome game! Surely the best building game I have ever played. I was always bored after a while with Build a lot games, but Royal Envoy is in another league, another cosmos lol! The graphic is really, really good. I love to watch the cute people and see what they doing. I have almost forget to look at the clock to win the gold. I didn`t want to buy ever a collectors edition, especially not for a tm game, but Royal Envoy had stolen my heart. I needed this game and will buy it for me and my boyfriend. This is my first collectors edition! I buy it especially for the extra content (30 extra levels!!!!) Thanks Bigfish and Playrix!

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Apr 7, 10 7:33 AM
laeddie wrote:Welcome to TM games. LOL Glad you liked this game. I betaed it and have been anxiously awaiting it. I even downloaded trial on Playrix to enjoy more. I'm not sure I can afford CE tho. LOL As you say HAPPY GAMING.

Just a reminder that you can upgrade later if you decide you do want the extra levels. I did the beta on this one and knew it would be the first builder I was going to buy. So I will get the standard when it comes out and then see if I make it far enough to warrant the upgrade. (another nice option - thanks BFG)

I did like that you can replay a level right away as I learned during the game what things I should have done differently. If I had to go through the whole game before I could replay a level, then I probably would not be interested in it.

So, it's nice to know this will be a buy later on in the month and possibly upgrade after that. Did 2-1/2 islands in the test and I am sure it gets harder along the way. Will find out if I can keep up with it.

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:51:21 AM PST

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Apr 7, 10 8:12 AM
this week i've just bought Settlement Colossus and for me, Royal Envoy is just another same type of game, so i do not see why i should bother with it. But i must say it has nice graphics and very clear. But for me, bldg houses and clearing the path and collecting stuff is just not enough to make me jump on my chair.... but i do play the Set.Colossus for about 1 hr each day and that's all i can enjoy.....

[Post New]by gooddragon38 on Apr 7, 10 8:26 AM
Got this game the day it came out at the developer site (sorry, BF but I beta tested it and just couldn't wait to play more!). I don't play many TM games which is why I can't seem to get many "gold stars", but the game is so much fun and so well made that I don't care! (Only problem is that my "trophy room" looks a little sad ). I'll definitely make use of the in game guide later to improve my star ratings but for now, I'm just enjoying the game without looking at the "time" and since you don't need the gold star to move to the next level, I don't have to worry about it.

Quality, extra levels, and in-game guide are all reasons I look for to purchase a "collectors edition" and this one seems to have quite a few extra levels so I'll be happily playing (and re-playing) this game for awhile.

Now I just have to wait for the 4 elements sequel and Fishdom 2 to come out. They also have a couple of other games in the works that look great. Thanks Playrix for making such great games and thanks to Big Fish for getting them to us!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Apr 7, 10 8:26 AM
Everything is great,the graphics, the characters,the music.I've got only one problem: the timer.It's just too fast and it's ruining the enjoyement of the game.
By the way, is there a timeless mode?

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 8:52 AM
lackoo wrote:Everything is great,the graphics, the characters,the music.I've got only one problem: the timer.It's just too fast and it's ruining the enjoyement of the game.
By the way, is there a timeless mode?

Hi lackoo

If you let the timer run out you just continue on until you finish. If you do it in the allotted time you get a gold star and then a trophy but it is not essential to play the game,

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Apr 7, 10 8:52 AM
Thanks, TerryMann for creating this review thread! Since there wasn't an official review thread created for this game we're going to go ahead and make this one official!

Thanks for your reviews everyone and remember to tack on a big SPOILER ALERT if you're providing tips that might give away parts of the plot.

Rock on!

-bfgZambezi

Meisie84
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Royal Envoy Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Meisie84 on Apr 7, 10 9:04 AM
I've been waiting for this one too, hope to demo it soon, but I think I'll wait for the regular version...right now the CE is a bit steep...and except for the extra levels, I don't see what I would do with the other extras?

Go to: