Is it worth buying the Collector's Edition??

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Apr 7, 10 9:10 AM
I have played the 1 hour demo and absolutely love the game. I never buy CE versions due to finances, but am really tempted on this one.

Is worth it for the extra 30 levels and has anyone played them yet. I am assuming the the regular version will not have these extra 30 levels.

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 9:10:54 AM PST

wmidds
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Is it worth buying the Collector's Edition??

[Post New]by wmidds on Apr 7, 10 9:28 AM
I would like to know the same thing

I beta tested this game and LOVED IT! I have been asking on any forum I can find when it was coming out. Now I see it out and DARN IT it's $19.99??? I can't afford that until next week!

I really think that most Collector's Editions are worth the extra money but when they are the only way to get the game it's a little frustrating!

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Apr 7, 10 10:03 AM
Hi wmidds,

I never buy Collector's Editions, but I loved the demo of this game that much that maybe it is worth it for 30 extra levels, which you may never be able to get in the regular version.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 10:06 AM
I have found a great review on a german website. They wrote: If you finished all 60 levels with gold you unlock a new mode - the harder modus and can replay each level with more difficulty. They wrote also that the extra 30 levels are longer then a normally casual game (that means 3-4 hours). If you want the link with the website you can send me a pm.

[Post New]by haileesmother on Apr 7, 10 10:45 AM
i bought the collector's for diner dash....cause i "roll with Flo"...but i dont use facebook, i dont care about "snapshots" wallpapers, animated screensavers etc waste of money....they should give u a choice.....u get a perk from spending $19.95 vs. $20.97 for 3 stamps...or use ur $7 credit and get the basic game(i dont like waiting the week or so to get the game i can play today)

plus, i spend a fairly good amount on goodies id hate to think they were "tryin' to squeeze harder?"

[Post New]by haileesmother on Apr 7, 10 10:49 AM
16abigail96 wrote:Hi wmidds,

I never buy Collector's Editions, but I loved the demo of this game that much that maybe it is worth it for 30 extra levels, which you may never be able to get in the regular version.

do the bonus levels come with the "collectors edition?" i thought it was the screensavers, strategy guide and making of... im going to wait for the regular game to come out...the bonus lvls have to be the game...right?

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Apr 7, 10 10:52 AM
haileesmother wrote:

do the bonus levels come with the "collectors edition?" i thought it was the screensavers, strategy guide and making of... im going to wait for the regular game to come out...the bonus lvls have to be the game...right?

The 30 bonus levels are ONLY included in the collectors edition. Thats one of the great bonus content. The regular version in 2-3 weeks has only 60 levels

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Apr 7, 10 11:14 AM
I am not really interested in the extras except for the 30 extra levels, as that is what really makes it worth buying the CE.

Maybe I will wait a couple of days to see if some fishes have reached these extra levels and what they think of them.

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Apr 7, 10 11:25 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I have found a great review on a german website. They wrote: If you finished all 60 levels with gold you unlock a new mode - the harder modus and can replay each level with more difficulty. They wrote also that the extra 30 levels are longer then a normally casual game (that means 3-4 hours). If you want the link with the website you can send me a pm.

I purchased this game from Playrix and just discovered the expert mode screen.

After you get the 60 gold stars and win the legendary city planner trophy a new screen becomes available.

You enter a whirlpool to the expert mode screen. It's the same as the 1st screen, but you get less time. It lets you proceed and go back and retry levels. Also the in game guide is available. No new trophies are awarded. Maybe if you get all gold again. You can go back and forth through the whirlpool.

GoveGirl
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by GoveGirl on Apr 7, 10 1:00 PM
This CE is well worth it in my opinion- and I normally am very critical of CE extras which are usually useless to me.

There are the 30 levels which is an extra 50% game - which is already a good length. You can access them when you finish the main game- however only the first 10 are available and you have to get some gold stars to unlock more.

The Strategy guide is excellent - it is really well done and you can access it from the game screen by clicking on the question mark in the top right corner- instant tips!

There are wallpapers and screensavers which I am not interested in but if you are the quality is excellent.

I did read the Making Of thing they had there which was interesting. They show some things they cut from the game and not sure how much more to say but they are already working on RE 2.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 7, 10 4:22 PM

Like you, I have never purchased the CE because I have not seen much differences in it and the standard game. HOWEVER, for this game, I made my first exception. The walkthrough in the game is outstanding and better yet, you get 30 additional levels. This in itself is worth it. Add the fact that you get 3 credits and you're pleasantly on your way to filling up your card. I look for $2.99 deal games so that I don't break the bank! --

Edited on 04/07/2010 at 7:22:11 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 7, 10 5:17 PM
Maybe that was just a typo, but you actually get 3 punches on your punchcard for a CE.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Apr 7, 10 7:23 PM
Howatch wrote:Maybe that was just a typo, but you actually get 3 punches on your punchcard for a CE.

Thanks Howatch. I made the change! My mistake.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 8, 10 7:49 AM
Have fun with the game! It's well worth the CE price.

[Post New]by CheerfulDragon8 on Apr 8, 10 10:42 AM
I played through the demo without noticing the time. Like others who have posted to this thread, I don't normally buy CE games for financial reasons. I may make an exception for this game when I spot a Daily Deal that I really want. That will give me two games for $23 + tax (I'm in the UK), which makes it more affordable.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Apr 8, 10 2:00 PM
Can the people that have bought us let us know... are these 30 completely new levels or have they repeated 30 levels with slight changes, (ie difficulty etc...)

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 8, 10 4:01 PM
NZBloke wrote:Can the people that have bought us let us know... are these 30 completely new levels or have they repeated 30 levels with slight changes, (ie difficulty etc...)

The bonus levels are an interesting variety of totally new levels.

[Post New]by 16abigail96 on Apr 9, 10 12:41 AM
I decided to buy the CE version in the end. I am sure I will not be disappointed. I couldn't resist.

b00kworm
Clownfish
Clownfish
912 Posts

[Post New]by b00kworm on Apr 9, 10 1:38 AM
I have bought the CE already (but am not finished right now, despite playing the best part of yesterday's afternoon). Currently I'm on the next to last island and moving on. Not always a golden star yet, but you can go back and retry later.

You get a lot of gaming for the money and I guess the 30 additional levels will be well worth it. The walkthrough definitely helped me already.

nicrox
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nicrox on Apr 9, 10 2:05 PM
I've never purchased a CE game before, just didn't think it was worth it. BUT, after playing this game for an hour i'm utterly hooked and with the promise of 30 extra levels I couldn't resist and I've just bought it.

Don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight....

Go to: