bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

New version available for Happyville

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Apr 7, 10 10:59 AM
We have a new version of Happyville available now. This new version of the game resolves crash with error message reading “Manager Has Run Out of Sprites". If you weren't experiencing any problems before, you may not need to update.

We apologize for any trouble this may have caused. If your Game Manager hasn’t prompted you to run the update, here’s how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC Game
First, go to your Purchase History and click Install next to the game.
Second, select Run or Save File.
Third, if prompted, click OK or Run to open the game’s executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to go to our Help pages.

Happy Gaming!

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

Re:New version available for Happyville

[Post New]by mary102696 on Apr 16, 10 8:44 AM
Is that all that was fixed in this game? There's 3 pages of bad reviews in the comments and reviews category. Starting out with the trial I really liked this game but I had a feeling that that was all there was to it and after reading all the reviews I was right. I would totally buy this game if there were different levels after you finish the first one in an hour. Maybe Happyville 2 can take into consideration everything that was put in the reviews. It really would be a #1 game then.

subiegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by subiegirl on May 1, 10 9:00 AM
I totally agree!! I LOVED the game...until the fourth time I played and got bored. Please, more levels!! When I've already played it, please don't make me go through the beginner phase again- it's so annoying. Also make a sandbox mode. This has the potential to be a very fun game!

nobodyz
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by nobodyz on May 7, 10 5:12 AM
subiegirl wrote:I totally agree!! I LOVED the game...until the fourth time I played and got bored. Please, more levels!! When I've already played it, please don't make me go through the beginner phase again- it's so annoying. Also make a sandbox mode. This has the potential to be a very fun game!

Agreed! Sandbox Level would make this game infinitely re-playable. As for the 'levels' (which are not at all easily distinguishable except in the ever-too-familiar childish demand that more be done the second one has accomplished the asked-for goal), every time I complete one, the next one starts with no break. I accomplish one task, get a moment to realize it and *bam* it's time for the new goal. I'd like to see some sort of splash screen so I don't feel I have to play the whole thing start to finish every time....that also adds some length to the game's re-playability time.

Also, once at the level of getting 200 population, the last 10 people or so is all about just sitting and doing nothing, since people are born and die at the same rate. It takes a lot of sitting doing nothing to get the last 10. THEN the game says "Make everybody Happy in Happyville". They are already. I don't know what more can be done.

This was an okay game, but The World of Zellians and Gemini Lost were both infinitely more enjoyable. I think it's the weird timing with Happyville. In order to not die of boredom, one must frequently speed the game up, then it's like a frenetic timed game. I miss being able to really enjoy detail and reaction of people. When I slow it down, the reactions are so predictable and identical, one may as well not bother if the character isn't grayed out (upset about lack of housing, food, employment, businesses, etc.)

Oh, one more glitch: whenever I click on someone, be it in close up or zoomed out, 3x mode or regular game play mode, they greet me twice. This is an odd but hopefully easy to fix little glitch.

Go to: