Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

Thankyou to the Devs for the Puzzles!

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 18, 17 1:09 AM

There has been a mixed reaction to the newest feature of the game, which is fine, but I'd just like to give a shout out (as the kids say) to the Development Team for adding a lovely little diversion that also solves a long standing issue that has had many an inmate pulling their hair out.

I'm talking, of course, about coins, coins, coins...

A fifty-fifty chance to win THREE eggs valued at 5000 coins each is a VERY welcome 'lovely little diversion'!

Especially when you have multiple puzzles and a short cooldown time!

Thanks to this, I no longer have to 'craft and sell' or send all the airships I can and the jigsaw is a nice break between the rounds.

Now I can relax, rebuild my stamp collection and airship items and focus on playing the actual game!

THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU!!!

I'd write you a poem, but there'd be too many red !'s.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Re:Thankyou to the Devs for the Puzzles!

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Feb 18, 17 10:33 AM
Ditto to everything Jenifer said! I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Feb 18, 17 11:58 AM
All,

I'm relatively pleased with the puzzle addition. It's low risk, low maintenance, offers a tangible reward, and is useful to me at my current level. I've personally been using it to fill gaps in my inventory on items that the game doesn't like to drop, or which take too long to gather. Just with the two puzzles I've completed, I've been able to collect a few of the items from the Column of the Fallen. I'm also starting to even out my stores from ZZs like the Bow Figurine and the Transformer Magus, where I always seem to get way more of some items than others. I can also see using it to gather shards if you select the high shard-count Eggs.

However, I can definitely sympathize with those who are lukewarm about it. As with most of the "extras", if you're at Level 74 and are satisfied with your coins and inventory, then it's not particularly useful at all. It's certainly not a fast way to get Airship items, nor will it help you much on DQs or TQs. As ever with this game, your personal playstyle and interests determine your experience.

Astra

jude_todd
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by jude_todd on Feb 18, 17 3:43 PM
I would also like to say I am enjoying the puzzles , its a great way of replenishing your inventory . I am stocking up on the more frequently required items , thanks guys and gals .

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 18, 17 4:25 PM
I am also enjoying the puzzles..........not much extra effort........fun.......and good rewards (OK........I saw others post about good rewards).

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Feb 18, 17 6:51 PM
I'm on level 74 and I also find the puzzles fun.

Thanks Devs!

Though I don't win the "guess the hand" challenge reliably it's still great fun to win an extra egg or two. I don't really need them but it means I can be a bit more generous in gifting to friends and the Christmas consortium.

I hope the puzzles are here to stay

ElliG
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by ElliG on Feb 19, 17 1:23 AM
Sorry but I do not see why to thank the devs. In my opinion they are wasting their time on sidegames instead of using the time for a real update. If they don't want to continue this game fine but at least let us know instead of wasting our time.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 19, 17 5:36 AM

Elli, I'm thanking the Devs because I am happy with this latest edition to the game.

In my Odyssey back through the MC forum (currently at page 620) I see a LOT of complaints.

Those complaints are all the same...

1. Tournaments are unfair! - they are being fixed.
2. I never have enough coins! - These puzzles have put me at a healthy surplus above my goal of always having 100,000 coins. I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to keep my head above water and have enough to open up new areas and craft what I need to continue. These puzzles do that! Keep in mind, that my SIGNIFICANT cash surplus since playing the puzzles means I never have to buy coins.
3. The Devs are Money Hungry monsters! - See point 2.
4. I'm BORED! - Do a jigsaw!
5. When's the next update?! - I don't know. According to the media the Russian invasion of Ukraine (where the developers live) has ceased, but we have no idea of what is actually happening on the ground anywhere near the offices where the developers work. I just hope they're safe and their families are okay.

So maybe if we all just sat back, had a cup of tea and a pink pill and be grateful that we have a lovely FREE game with plenty of stuff to do.

Trust me, there are worse FTP games out there!

Midnight Castle is, hands down, one of the best.

Try taking a break and coming back refreshed and rejuvenated.

The other choice is to be miserable and negative. And who would choose that?

Have a lovely day,

Jenifer

HennyMarie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,417 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Feb 19, 17 5:37 AM
ElliG wrote:Sorry but I do not see why to thank the devs. In my opinion they are wasting their time on sidegames instead of using the time for a real update. If they don't want to continue this game fine but at least let us know instead of wasting our time.

Sidegames last much longer than storyline updates..

I like the puzzle game

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Feb 19, 17 8:13 AM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:

5. When's the next update?! - I don't know. According to the media the Russian invasion of Ukraine (where the developers live) has ceased, but we have no idea of what is actually happening on the ground anywhere near the offices where the developers work. I just hope they're safe and their families are okay.

Jenifer, Elephant Games is a Russian company, not Ukraine

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 19, 17 8:24 AM

Past threads seem to tell a different story.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/294286.page.

Yes, some are in Russia, but not all.

Perhaps a Moderator could clarify that.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No problem.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Edited on 02/19/2017 at 8:41:41 AM PST

ElliG
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by ElliG on Feb 19, 17 1:14 PM
Jenifer_Rule wrote:
Elli, I'm thanking the Devs because I am happy with this latest edition to the game.

In my Odyssey back through the MC forum (currently at page 620) I see a LOT of complaints.

Those complaints are all the same...

1. Tournaments are unfair! - they are being fixed.
2. I never have enough coins! - These puzzles have put me at a healthy surplus above my goal of always having 100,000 coins. I don't want to be a millionaire, I just want to keep my head above water and have enough to open up new areas and craft what I need to continue. These puzzles do that! Keep in mind, that my SIGNIFICANT cash surplus since playing the puzzles means I never have to buy coins.
3. The Devs are Money Hungry monsters! - See point 2.
4. I'm BORED! - Do a jigsaw!

So maybe if we all just sat back, had a cup of tea and a pink pill and be grateful that we have a lovely FREE game with plenty of stuff to do.

Trust me, there are worse FTP games out there!

Midnight Castle is, hands down, one of the best.

Try taking a break and coming back refreshed and rejuvenated.

The other choice is to be miserable and negative. And who would choose that?

Have a lovely day,

Jenifer

Why do you think I need a break?? Or a pink pill?? I love the game and don't mind doing rounds of HOS. I just said that the devs should use the time that they need to develope side games and give us a real update. I did not start a HOS game to do side games. It happened to other FTP that they weren't doing more "real" updates and than just quit. I just would like to know if it was so. Why keep us in the dark about it.

napoeon
Catfish
Catfish
1,565 Posts

[Post New]by napoeon on Feb 19, 17 4:10 PM
Thanks Devs!

I am also enjoying the new feature of the game, the puzzles, beautiful pictures and the Bonus game, free items etc....all good!!!

BUT......we really expected a story content update, and I think that we are all a little numb!!!!.....hoping for a new update soon!!!

Cheers!!!

ValerieES
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieES on Feb 24, 17 8:07 PM
Hi, I'm going to pop in here too. I agree with you Jenifer, I love our new puzzle addition. I have not missed the tournaments at all. We had a great Christmas event and I'm sure the Devs are working on our Spring event now. During our Christmas event, I sent out a big thank-you message. On that thread, people still complained about one thing or another. Listen, these thank-you threads are JUST that. Thank-you threads. These are NOT complaint threads. We are saying thank-you, period. Start your own complaint thread, and leave these happy threads alone. So Devs, thanks for a great game!!!!! And a great addition to our game.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 24, 17 10:20 PM

Thanks, Val.

Positive attitudes are more fun than the alternative.

Cheers,

Jenifer

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 24, 17 11:17 PM
Yes! A BIG thank you to the Developers for making my life easier.
I can now accumulate diamonds, which has always been a big problem for me.

[Post New]by Km2_Matt on Feb 24, 17 11:33 PM
Hi everybody,

I like this game. It gives me a time off in my head, focusing on something else than worries. It's my first game, ever.
Just a thing that puzzles me: My jigsaw button disappeared. Did I do something wrong? Was it limeted in time?

Great if someone knows!

Anniqua lvl 74

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 24, 17 11:55 PM

Anniqua,

Sounds like a tech issue.

There have been some problems lately with iOS or Android.

Check the tech issues thread of the device you play on.

Cheers,

Jenifer

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 25, 17 12:01 AM
Km2_Matt wrote:Hi everybody,
Just a thing that puzzles me: My jigsaw button disappeared. Did I do something wrong? Was it limeted in time?

Great if someone knows!

Anniqua lvl 74

See PM shortly......(I need to compose it)

Edited on 02/25/2017 at 12:02:21 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Feb 25, 17 2:59 PM
I too would like to say a huge thank you to the devs,I don't really care if they are running MC from Mars I LOVE IT. I don't have to kill anybody or blow anything up I can poodle along at my own pace.I find it allows me to unwind after working all day & I get it all for free.

Go to: