Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Winter Magic Factory here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Feb 21, 17 12:46 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 02/21/2017 at 6:38:02 AM PST

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

Full Screen

[Post New]by vannojo on Feb 21, 17 5:46 AM
On the demo, I keep going to Options and checking Full Screen then Close, but nothing happens.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Winter Magic Factory here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 21, 17 6:38 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Big Fish Games Help Pages. Using our Big Fish Games Help Pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Teamcan also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help Pages. please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help Pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by chessiedora on Feb 21, 17 5:58 PM
I am playing on PC windows 10 with everything updated. The game downloaded and installed fine. After clicking play it began to load and then stopped about 1/3 of the way. I gave it a couple of minutes then refreshed. The download screen came up blank and would not respond. Task manager was needed to close the game. I then uninstalled and reinstalled. The next time I attempted to play the load screen came up and froze everything. I had to shut down manually and restart my computer. Needless to say the game has been uninstalled once again and will never be reinstalled.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Please post any TECH ISSUES for Winter Magic Factory here.

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Feb 22, 17 5:22 AM
I got in a full hour of play free.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 22, 17 9:48 AM
Hi there,

I wanted to pop in here and address the recent posts in this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that technical issues are present when trying to play this game chessiedora. It is recommended to refer to the following help articles from the Big Fish Games Help Pages as they are specific to this issue if you would like to troubleshoot:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run game as Administrator

If issues continue to appear, feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the tools to further assist.

GeorgeTSLC, I'm glad to hear that you were able to play the full trial version of this game. Thank you for placing your review in the designated thread. It is appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your patience. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback. We are always happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by kitharris11 on Feb 22, 17 10:37 AM
Was stuck without any moves possible (using Windows 10 on my Dell) but when I clicked the "hint" area, nothing happened.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 24, 17 10:14 AM
Hi kitharris11,

I'm sorry that you are experiencing technical issues in your game where the hint button is clicked and no change is being seen on the screen. Thank you for letting us know what operating system you are using. It is recommended to refer to the following help article from the Big Fish Games Help Pages that is specific to this system:

Windows 10

If you find that the issue still persists with the hint button, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. The support team has the appropriate tools to provide further assistance. We apologize that the forums aren't equipped with these certain tools.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by Fredfred on Feb 28, 17 4:10 PM
When this game is closed all progress is lost and you have to start again from the beginning including creating your own player name. This doesn't happen with other games. I'm running Win 10 on a Dell.

[Post New]by Deese_kim on Mar 6, 17 4:12 PM
I am on the christmas ornament where you trace it and after I trace it it just stays the same i cant get out of the puzzle unless i quit. i am using windows 10

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 7, 17 12:37 AM
Twice I got an error message coming up when I did the very first move on the grid. So I wasn't even able to start playing.
And this game isn't even in widescreen, and therefore I have the feeling that this game wasn't made with Win10 - which I have - in mind.

[Post New]by Zawatsky on May 22, 17 4:59 AM
I purchased Winter Magic Factory and it's installed on my Dell desktop which has Windows 10 installed.
When I open the game, the splash screens seem off center, and it gets to what looks like a main splash screen that stays on the window. Unfortunately, there are no buttons visible on the screen and I was unable do anything further. I had to eventually use Task Manager to force the program to quit. It appears that the screen is not fully visible on my monitor (a 22" monitor).
Any suggestions?

Go to: