magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

purpose of puzzles?

[Post New]by magz13 on Feb 21, 17 11:58 PM
Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the puzzles is? Are they just "busy-work" until the next update is ready? There is no achievement award for completing them. I really do not like them. I feel about them like I did the ghosts and the snow globes. i would rather not have any of them to do again. They do not have anything to do with the story line either.

God bless.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

Re:purpose of puzzles?

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 17 12:08 AM
True that there is no achievement attached to the Puzzle feature. And, yes, I would color them busy work to help distract players from realizing there has been no game content update in nearly 6 months.

However, I do see an additional purpose -- for those who are lucky at guessing which hand of the child.......if you put the 5000 coin eggs, and if you actually win one or 2 of them, it can really help defray the cost for the upper levels. Those of us who can only guess the empty hand will not reap any of those rewards, however.

Pazlovejoy
Herring
Herring
316 Posts

[Post New]by Pazlovejoy on Feb 22, 17 12:37 AM
I enjoyed collecting the puzzle pieces and will continue to enjoy the bonus rounds for a while (even though my win rate is abysmal). My concern is that this new feature makes it too easy to get coins and diamonds. Will people continue to love the game now that it is so much easier? If someone with my poor guessing skills can amass more than 100 gems and 20,000 gold coins in a few days, where is the challenge? I think most of us stuck with the game because it was challenging.

Edited to add: Oh, and I am pretty disappointed that there were no achievements associated with the puzzles.

Edited on 02/22/2017 at 12:40:09 AM PST

debra1290
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by debra1290 on Feb 22, 17 7:32 AM
I also have poor guessing skills but love the puzzles. They have made the game really fun again. As for the money and diamonds, can you really have too many? I would like to get everything in all of my personal rooms and that will take a lot of money and shards, off to storm the castle.

Llamamama15
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Llamamama15 on Feb 22, 17 7:40 AM
I may be being cynical but if/when there is content update my guess is that it will be very expensive to advance to keep those on level 74 from finishing too quickly and we will need loads of coin and diamonds

Devilinwales
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Devilinwales on Feb 22, 17 7:52 AM
Pretty sure the Devs will have the puzzles in the daily challenges too, which may be even more infuriating especially if they ask for you to win a set number of times.

I agree with Annelliegram that it is a distraction whilst awaiting a content update and especially as Spring event will be here in less than 2 months.

Will help with DQ's and Shards for those who choose wisely and those on lower levels who need gold and diamonds and also inventory to progress.

My main game on level 74 would rather have had content update whereas for second game on level 49 it is a wonderful boost to get additional inventory and diamonds and eggs for gold and/or shards

Happy days

Devil

purpose of puzzles?

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Feb 22, 17 8:27 AM
magz13 wrote:Can anyone tell me what the purpose of the puzzles is? Are they just "busy-work" until the next update is ready? There is no achievement award for completing them. I really do not like them. I feel about them like I did the ghosts and the snow globes. i would rather not have any of them to do again. They do not have anything to do with the story line either.

God bless.

Agree

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

lizziefin
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by lizziefin on Feb 22, 17 8:54 AM
They are good for dosh though! I occasionally win 3 Phoenix eggs per round, that's 15,000 ; very nice thank you! I might finally get to the 1 million mark!

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 22, 17 9:36 AM
I put in 3 harder to find items and win them sometimes.

If guesses aren't going my way, almost always at least can grab the 50 coin and 5 diamonds!

So, peek into the puzzles. You play the hos anyway...may as well get some bonus items.

No need to pay diamonds to play, unless that is your choice.

Just keep turning extra puzzle pieces (which can NOT gifted, btw) into 'sparkles' that can be used for more free puzzle pieces.

win, win
(and yes, it does help kill time before next update or event)

TinkerBell_1
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerBell_1 on Feb 22, 17 10:43 AM
I'm so enjoying the puzzle game Although I don't always win the bonus play all the time, I've gotten Items that's very hard to come by.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way, I rather have the puzzle game permanently rather than Trina!!!! With the puzzle game you have the opportunity to add to your inventory....not lose inventory as well as . It would be soooo nice if would trade out Trina for the PUZZLE GAME!!!!!!!!

Oh! By the is anyone still playing for "Blue Keys", just curious
Happy Puzzling

TinkerBell~1

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 22, 17 10:46 AM
TinkerBell_1

Trina was created to honor a late fan of MC, so it is doubtful 'she' will be dropped from the game, nor should she.

Some changes on what she requires would be nice.

TinkerBell_1
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerBell_1 on Feb 22, 17 12:25 PM
Hi Susiewastaken:

Was unaware the importance of Trina. I agree a change in her requirements would make completing her task a bit realistic.

TinkerBell~1

Shadow3814
Minnow
Minnow
235 Posts

[Post New]by Shadow3814 on Feb 22, 17 12:31 PM
I call them FLUFF.... for me, they serve no purpose. If you are very lucky... you just might win all five items, but most of the time... you'll only wind up with 50 coin. There is absolutely no pattern to the kid's shoulder shrugs. You can become very frustrated, very fast....

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 22, 17 12:48 PM
I just want to know, who is the woman the dragon is attacking in the 2nd puzzle ……? It kinda-sorta looks like Valeria….… but not quite.
And why would the dragon be attacking her??
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with the story.

Major_Mom
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Major_Mom on Feb 22, 17 1:18 PM
I would love to complete just the first puzzle to even have a chance at the bonus round. Been stuck at missing one piece for days.

TinkerBell_1
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerBell_1 on Feb 22, 17 1:41 PM
I was lucky enough to have won all five items twice!!!! But I'm happy with just winning the coins and stars. I'm closer to becoming a MILLIONAIRE

TinkerBell ~1

susiewastaken
Salmon
Salmon
2,847 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Feb 22, 17 3:48 PM
Desertdruid wrote:I just want to know, who is the woman the dragon is attacking in the 2nd puzzle ……? It kinda-sorta looks like Valeria….… but not quite.

I thought he killed her, but don't recall the reason.

Hilltop83
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Hilltop83 on Feb 22, 17 7:59 PM
TinkerBell_1 wrote:I'm so enjoying the puzzle game Although I don't always win the bonus play all the time, I've gotten Items that's very hard to come by.

Not sure if anyone else feels this way, I rather have the puzzle game permanently rather than Trina!!!! With the puzzle game you have the opportunity to add to your inventory....not lose inventory as well as . It would be soooo nice if would trade out Trina for the PUZZLE GAME!!!!!!!!

Oh! By the is anyone still playing for "Blue Keys", just curious
Happy Puzzling

TinkerBell~1

I am still playing for the blue keys, mostly because it is more interesting than just making you way through the whole game in order. But I now have >4000 blue keys!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Feb 22, 17 8:54 PM
Desertdruid wrote:I just want to know, who is the woman the dragon is attacking in the 2nd puzzle ……? It kinda-sorta looks like Valeria….… but not quite.

Spoiler: Valeria was going to use the Mystery Chamber for some selfish reason (or something like that).....the dragon is the one who killed her and why she was a ghost. (I think I'm remembering that correctly.......Ms Blanco Fluttero will set us straight if I'm wrong.)

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Feb 24, 17 12:30 AM
I guess puzzles will help me get lazy if I am just a little bit lucky.

I get about 2'500 coins a day when doing my round. Now if I can win just one egg per day, i.e. 2 days of work, I'll be able to level up much more easily and it is kind of frightening... Of course it would do no good to my inventory but I have plenty of stamps, food and airship items (for the moment) and the quests bring me what I need anyway (maybe it changes later on?).

Coins have always been the real problem for me (as for most of us I suppose) but when I have all six puzzles (heehee I have one and almost a second one for the moment!), I guess I should be able to get one egg per day, even if my score is closer to 10/90 than 50/50!

So yes, I am worried to level up too fast (currently at level 54) and get too lazy to really work on my game. I got three eggs so far (I clicked on that get button immediately after having won it as I had already lost once and didn't want to lose my 5'000 worth egg) but I haven't sold them yet. I probably won't resist for long.

On the other hand, with my luck I might not even win an egg a day!

On the third hand (yup!), yes maybe things will get much more expensive after level 74. But then players who aren't lucky with the puzzle game might get frustrated when others will fly through the new levels. Mmhh...

Then again, puzzles are fun for the moment! No way I wouldn't do them and cross my fingers to get those eggs!!

Go to: