Taking a Break from The Castle

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Feb 22, 17 7:29 AM
To All my Friends,

I'm getting a weeeeee bit bored now, at going around and around.

It's about time we had an update, please Devs.

Even the Puzzles are getting boring. I have been on Puzzle No. 3 for 3 days waiting for just one piece, I have used the Sparklies, and refuse to use my precious diamonds.
This morning I did The Castle area, then The Town, then the Castle area again and got 6 pieces in total. RUBBISH

So, I am going to take a break away from the Castle.

I'm going to, over the next couple of days gift all my friends.
If the Red sign comes up on my gift list, please don't delete me, I'll be back.
Will look in from time to time, to see if there is an update.

I just need a break from tedium.

Cheers you guys, you are the best.

Welsh Shelley

Re:Taking a Break from The Castle

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Feb 22, 17 7:55 AM
We will miss your bright spark, Welsh Shelley!
But I completely understand and will patiently await your return.

I will also be taking a mini break staring Friday. Heading to a lodge in the Rocky Mountains. Snowshoeing, great food, relaxation and limited wi fi. Magical.

We'll meet again when we both return.

Enjoy life 'out there'

Elsa

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Feb 22, 17 8:52 AM
Hi Elsa,

Thanks for your reply.

Wow have a great time up in The Rockies, wish my "Beam me Up Scottie" thingymejig was working and I would join you.

So, instead I'm heading to the SW corner of the UK, Devon and Cornwall, for a few days, as from next week.

Have a great time, and come back chilled out, as in relaxed, not in temperature

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Feb 22, 17 9:43 AM
Ooh, I love Cornwall
I miss the sea.
But it's a bit far from here.

The wonderous Lake Louise is a mere 2 1/2 hour drive.
Completely frozen over -- with a 'chateau' at the end it looks a little like MC in the Winter event. Except it has towering mountains with glaciers surrounding it.

Enjoy your break!

Elsa

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Feb 22, 17 10:11 AM
Have a wonderful vacation, both of you!!!

Shelley, I totally hear you - I also went through both the Castle & Town this AM & only got 3 pieces of the 3rd puzzle. Did 15 HOS before I got even one.
And I'm having spectacularly bad luck with the guessing game - I have only guessed correctly 3 times!! Total! Out of probably 20 times I've played the little brat.
Shockingly, I'm even worse at this than I am at dice!!!
It's a good thing it's free - I would certainly never play if I had to pay.

So enjoy the fresh ocean/ mountain air & beautiful scenery! We'll be here when you come back.

ellenkcl
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ellenkcl on Feb 22, 17 10:44 AM
Hi friends. I feel kind of lucky. I had to buy a new computer and so started a new game. I am playing it and enjoying remembering from the past. It gives me something to do. I cheat tho when it comes to crafting something with many parts. I got my old computer running again and so I just friend myself stuff I need as I go so as to keep gaining. I am at level 19 on new computer already. I have not asked for friends yet because the computer gives what you need at this stage. I won't need to worry about cash because of my egg of other game I can friend myself a high price egg to get cash for new game. It beats the boring hos's..... Lucky Me... Read you guy's all the time.

Ellen

[Post New]by Aprilhobart on Feb 22, 17 11:13 PM
Oh Hi Welsh Shelly and elsa emerald my two wonderful friends,

How fantastic that you both can visit some amazing places. I have been lucky enough to have visited these places; all quite some time ago. I will be looking forward to reading about some of your adventures in real life and going through the castle when there is something more interesting to do.

April from Tassie.

Edited on 02/22/2017 at 11:15:49 PM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Feb 23, 17 1:33 AM
Hi there Welsh Shelley!

Talk about "carrying coals to Newcastle"!
You are off to the southwest of England (Cornwall and Devon), I have just returned from a holiday in Anglesey.
The beaches, scenery, FOOD and ability to relax are marvelous.
IMHO equal to if not superior to where you are going.
This is my first time in that part of Wales and it certainly wont be the last!!
The weather was not tooooooo bad for a February!
My proud new acquisition is a fridge magnet with the name ---- You guess?!
My gifts for those members of my family unfortunate in having to stay at home - ? - sea salt!

As for this wonderful game, I took my laptop and worked on my feeder game!
So you have a good change in holidays from the perfection that you already enjoy locally.

[Post New]by welshrarebit56 on Feb 23, 17 3:39 AM
Thanks everyone for your great replies.

Elsa, I did Canada a few years ago, but just the Montreal area, and a few days trip on the train from there to The Big Apple.

April and PTG, I have friends and family living down that way, so an opportunity to see most of them, and PARTY PARTY PARTY.

PTG, so glad you had a good time. Did a walking holiday (complete with dawg )in North Wales last year, stayed near to Snowdonia, and got as far as Caernafon. Did see Anglesey from one of the walks we did, the tide was almost out and we could have waded across, didn't realise how close it was. Intend, as some point to return, and stay on Anglesey this time.
I bet the fridge magnet began Llanfairpwll************* etc etc, is your fridge wide enough to take the whole name?!?!

I guess it's about time I packed my Dawg's suitcase, if she isn't allowed anywhere then we don't go, that is, apart from holidays abroad.

I really hope we have a content update soon, come on Devs, pleeeeeeze, pretty pleeeeze.

Cheers

Welsh Shelley

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Feb 23, 17 3:54 AM
Elsaemerald wrote:I will also be taking a mini break staring Friday. Heading to a lodge in the Rocky Mountains. Snowshoeing, great food, relaxation and limited wi fi. Magical.

Elsa

I've been to Colorado. Two weeks after I had seen snow for the very first time in my life. Then I had two planks strapped to my feet and was shoved off the top of the mountain.

I was skiing like a pro - flat on my back with my legs in the air the whole way down the slope!

Ah, Milan...

Or was it Colorado Springs?

Jenifer

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Feb 23, 17 6:01 AM
Thanks for the good wishes, Druid and others!

April from Tassie - I didn't realize you were 'my' April. Always nice to meet good MC friends in the forum

Welsh Shelley - Montreal is fantastic. I lived there for a year and I love the place. The West of Canada is completely different. Kinda wilder and more rugged.

Lol, Jenifer! I went skiing once in my life. Had to be carried off the hill in a stretcher. I'll stick to snowshoeing. Very zen but still a good workout.

Maybe there will be something new in the Castle when we get back.

Elsa

Edited on 02/23/2017 at 6:03:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Gamegirl1957 on Feb 23, 17 6:34 AM
Hi Shelly Enjoy the get-a-way my friend. The castle will hold your place

beadgal
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by beadgal on Feb 23, 17 1:31 PM
Shelly & Elsa, y'all have wonderful vacations. We will hold the castle while you are away.
beadgal in south Texas where Mother Nature can't decide if it is winter or summer......90 degrees today!

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Feb 23, 17 1:53 PM
Welsh you came to Canada? and Elsa to and you did not stop by and visit Me??
If you know Montreal then surely you heard of The Laurentides? where that is where I am and would not trade it for the world.
And Jenifer I can just see you now B*** sking down the slope that is SO you ROTFLMHO
Randy

[Post New]by Elsaemerald on Feb 23, 17 2:04 PM
Thanks, Beadgal!

Randy -- I have been to the Laurentides a few times in winter. Very lovely.
I can see why you love it

Elsa

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Feb 26, 17 3:38 PM
It is heaven .
Glad you enjoyed it.
Randy

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

Taking a Break from The Castle

[Post New]by jack7242 on Feb 26, 17 6:01 PM
welshrarebit56 wrote:To All my Friends,

I'm getting a weeeeee bit bored now, at going around and around.

It's about time we had an update, please Devs.

Even the Puzzles are getting boring. I have been on Puzzle No. 3 for 3 days waiting for just one piece, I have used the Sparklies, and refuse to use my precious diamonds.
This morning I did The Castle area, then The Town, then the Castle area again and got 6 pieces in total. RUBBISH

So, I am going to take a break away from the Castle.

I'm going to, over the next couple of days gift all my friends.
If the Red sign comes up on my gift list, please don't delete me, I'll be back.
Will look in from time to time, to see if there is an update.

I just need a break from tedium.

Cheers you guys, you are the best.

Welsh Shelley

I had the same problem with the third puzzle! I was beginning to think that the last piece was off having a party with the last dragon in the missing snow globe!!!

Then when I got the missing piece I scampered through the fourth puzzle as the pieces were dropping from every HOS.

Just a cautionary note, I took a week away to rest my weary fingers after the SE, but when I came back I could not find anything! So now I just complete a different area each day as I can't bear the thought of going through the learning process again.

Go to: